• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,466 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:22 PM

Interesting if lengthy article from the Guardian re the endemic corruption in the game. Across the globe.

I doubt there is a will to get rid as it is a case of who's not involved

https://www.theguard...ransfers-agents

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:38 AM

Interesting if lengthy article from the Guardian re the endemic corruption in the game. Across the globe.

I doubt there is a will to get rid as it is a case of who's not involved

https://www.theguard...ransfers-agents

Deep and very complex Chappy. To be honest I tired towards about 3/4 the way through. My impression is the same as yourself...Nobody seriously wants to take the bull by the horns due to the sheer size of the monster. Soundbites from various factors but the end result is as always...Pass the buck!

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

Nobody seriously wants to take the bull by the horns due to the sheer size of the monster. Soundbites from various factors but the end result is as always...Pass the buck!

You could say this about so many of the problems in modern day football. Look the other way..Nothing to see here.

It is going to take a death before the authorities do anything regarding the rise of 'Ultras' (Fannies to you and i) 

There is absolutely no will within the SFA/SPFL to tackle sectarianism full on.

Cronyism within the SFA  SPFL.

Agents who take the money out the game. I heard on the radio that Pogbas transfer was held up as his agent wanted £25 million!!!

The changes to the rules of the Champions League. Even if my club were to be one of those to benefit i would be against it. I have always said if we failed to beat the teams in the qualifiers we simply were not good enough.

The game is moving on and tbh i dont like the direction it is going in. At times i feel like just chucking it all in. Rangers are in the position of being lumbered with a player they clearly do not want but cant afford to get rid of him. Celtic were in a similar position with Big Balde. They took / will take millions out our game with zero return.

Sorry Chappy i didn't read the guardian article but just wanted to vent my frustrations at the greed in our game. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:55 PM

You could say this about so many of the problems in modern day football. Look the other way..Nothing to see here.

It is going to take a death before the authorities do anything regarding the rise of 'Ultras' (Fannies to you and i) 

There is absolutely no will within the SFA/SPFL to tackle sectarianism full on.

Cronyism within the SFA  SPFL.

Agents who take the money out the game. I heard on the radio that Pogbas transfer was held up as his agent wanted £25 million!!!

The changes to the rules of the Champions League. Even if my club were to be one of those to benefit i would be against it. I have always said if we failed to beat the teams in the qualifiers we simply were not good enough.

The game is moving on and tbh i dont like the direction it is going in. At times i feel like just chucking it all in. Rangers are in the position of being lumbered with a player they clearly do not want but cant afford to get rid of him. Celtic were in a similar position with Big Balde. They took / will take millions out our game with zero return.

Sorry Chappy i didn't read the guardian article but just wanted to vent my frustrations at the greed in our game. 

Better ?......

Know what you're saying though.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:10 PM

Deep and very complex Chappy. To be honest I tired towards about 3/4 the way through. My impression is the same as yourself...Nobody seriously wants to take the bull by the horns due to the sheer size of the monster. Soundbites from various factors but the end result is as always...Pass the buck!

its not going to change. Probably better that us simpleton fans don't know what is going on. We accept it or as TB says we chuck it and let them all get on with it

#6 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:44 PM

Better ?

Better  ;-)

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users