• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:36 AM

Started watching something while away in Portugal on Netflix called Black Sails. It seemed OK so we decided to watch the rest of the series when we got back to the UK as we were sharing a room with our 9 year old daughter and she was huffing about having to put her earphones in as it wasn't exactly suitable viewing. Tried to get it last night but nothing coming up on Netflix so i googled it and see it is not available in UK.

Two questions. Firstly why? and secondly has anybody seen the whole series and is it worth going to the trouble of trying to get it from somewhere else?

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#2 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,823 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:41 AM

Use an android box and you will have no problem.......failing that use a vpn and pretend you are American as they get a different set of shows and movies.

I had netflix before but a waste of money with kodi and other programmes avaliable, you dont even need a box as it can be done through your phone and PC.

Only viewing thing I pay for is Rangers TV.

Oh and no I havent seen that show.

#3 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,753 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:13 AM

I am thinking of getting a Firestick as i got rid of Sky Sports and BT Sports as it got just too expensive. I take it i will be able to get it on that?

I am going to keep Netflix as the wee one gets it in her room through her WiiU and she has her own account that only allows films / programmes for 12 and under.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#4 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,358 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:19 AM

Android box is first class, but I find them tempermental and I have yet to find a site that I can rely on to get BT and/or Sky with reasonable quality. I have the box for trying to catch films and TV series and have had to put back on Sky Sports as the we fella was always moaning about crowding round the pc for games

Will have a look next time I'm on the box and let you know if Black Sails is available.

Oh, to keep it on topic Netflix we used to subscribe to and watched breaking bad on it but havent subscribed since

#5 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,260 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:21 AM

Started watching something while away in Portugal on Netflix called Black Sails. It seemed OK so we decided to watch the rest of the series when we got back to the UK as we were sharing a room with our 9 year old daughter and she was huffing about having to put her earphones in as it wasn't exactly suitable viewing. Tried to get it last night but nothing coming up on Netflix so i googled it and see it is not available in UK.

Two questions. Firstly why? and secondly has anybody seen the whole series and is it worth going to the trouble of trying to get it from somewhere else?

Try Hola. It might solve your problem. You can get it from here:- http://hola.org/

I discovered it recently and can now get Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, ITV and STV on my PC.

Haven't tried Netflix yet since I don't have a Netflix account.

On the subject of BBC and ITV/STV; are there any really good shows worth having a look at?

PS: You can get all 3 seasons of Black Sails on Amazon Prime. Do you have a Smart TV and a wifi lan?

Edited by Hairy Scot, 23 October 2016 - 08:26 AM.

Common sense

#6 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,823 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

Android box is first class, but I find them tempermental and I have yet to find a site that I can rely on to get BT and/or Sky with reasonable quality. I have the box for trying to catch films and TV series and have had to put back on Sky Sports as the we fella was always moaning about crowding round the pc for games

Will have a look next time I'm on the box and let you know if Black Sails is available.

Oh, to keep it on topic Netflix we used to subscribe to and watched breaking bad on it but havent subscribed since

I tend not to watch the football on the box due to having better options in my house but mobdro is probablly your best bet, pretty sure it will be hd or the very least good quality......only thing is its live streaming so if the game is not on Sky, BT, Premier Sports or the countless other channels you get then you wont see it.

#7 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:47 AM

Fire stick is my most used device now I have Netflix only £10 per year, but kodi is my go to for all my watching needs, i also have a quad tuner cs box for cable and sat full package Inc ppv and a subbed Plex server which is great

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#8 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,344 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 05:51 AM

Fire stick is my most used device now I have Netflix only £10 per year, but kodi is my go to for all my watching needs, i also have a quad tuner cs box for cable and sat full package Inc ppv and a subbed Plex server which is great

My only issue with the fire stick is that it doesn't play nice with my onkyo surround box. The picture is jerky for some reason. Apparently it's not designed for setting up via a surround box. I really like it apart from that.

#9 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:19 AM

I have a similar issue but with my wireless sub interfering with the WiFi, it took me a while to figure out why it would buffer a lot

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,271 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:45 AM

Lot of talk in here that I haven't a clue about. Fucking aliens are taking over.... :lol:

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#11 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,344 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:16 AM

I have a similar issue but with my wireless sub interfering with the WiFi, it took me a while to figure out why it would buffer a lot

It's not buffering (at least not as I normally experience it), it's skipping frames. I moved it to another telly and it's fine.

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,753 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

Lot of talk in here that I haven't a clue about. Fucking aliens are taking over.... :lol:

I just want to see the rest of Black Sails  :-D

#13 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

Have you got any image Enhance settings on on your TV switched on sometimes TVs with high refresh rate over 100hz can cause issues and with 24fps content will skip the frame or cause a freeze iv noticed that with some mkv format while streaming to the TV from laptop

#14 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,864 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 06:04 PM

I just want to see the rest of Black Sails  :-D

I couldn't take anymore of it....... tripe!
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#15 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,753 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:14 PM

Not recommended then?

#16 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,864 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:00 PM

Not recommended then?

It reminded me of..... The Muskateers (spelling?)

More for Younger audience, who wouldn't question it much......

Then again, I couldn't hack the Black List for the same reasons...... and look how popular it is!
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#17 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,260 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 08:03 PM

Not recommended then?

It's all a matter of opinion.

I enjoyed it.

Common sense

#18 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,344 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:51 AM

Have you got any image Enhance settings on on your TV switched on sometimes TVs with high refresh rate over 100hz can cause issues and with 24fps content will skip the frame or cause a freeze iv noticed that with some mkv format while streaming to the TV from laptop

My telly is over ten years old, so the main image enhance functionality I have is the brightness setting ;)

#19 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,578 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 10:42 AM

I just want to see the rest of Black Sails :-D

He dies at the end.

#20 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,753 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:31 AM

He dies at the end.

Who cares? Does Miss Guthrie get her tits out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users