• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:51 AM

The Daily Record are reporting that Scott Brown might come out of international retirement in time for the trip to Wembley, and walk straight back into the team. I wonder what has changed? Has Strachan made an SOS call?

#2 Cameron Falcus

Cameron Falcus

Promising Youth Player

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:09 AM

I dont think so, Scott Brown is back at the top of his game and injury free. Far better than any other centre mid we have currently bar possibly mcarthur

#3 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

I dont think so, Scott Brown is back at the top of his game and injury free. Far better than any other centre mid we have currently bar possibly mcarthur

Welcome to the forum.

I think he performs a role that we are missing at the moment. Have him sit deeper, instead of, say, Fletcher, who has always disappointed me in a Scotland shirt. 

There must have been a chat behind the scenes with Strachan, because it would be embarrassing if he announced his big return, and then was left out of the squad.

#4 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

McGhee has said that Broon's return was 100% down the player.

#5 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 11,696 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:35 PM

Will miss this game thank fuck. Out the country. Nothin worse than living here when Strachan & his clowns turn up thinking they're fuckin Brazilian.

#6 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,767 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:19 PM

Will miss this game thank fuck. Out the country. Nothin worse than living here when Strachan & his clowns turn up thinking they're fuckin Brazilian.

A bunch of waxers!  

No doubt I'll need to stay away from my club and pub for a week or so after this game.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 31 October 2016 - 09:21 PM.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#7 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:18 AM

Scotland's white sleeves clash with England's white shirt according to the officials, so Scotland will wear their pink strip. I can't see how the clash is bad enough to cause confusion.

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

Scotland's white sleeves clash with England's white shirt according to the officials, so Scotland will wear their pink strip. I can't see how the clash is bad enough to cause confusion.

Utter claptrap! Officialdom gone mad! Give some people a bit of power and they will always, always abuse it! How much history does this fixture have & a shower of wankers decide this? A fucking pink strip....oh dear!

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

Also.....neither team will be permitted to have the poppy emblem adorning their shirts....apparently it's classed as a political symbol....what a petty shower of lily livered fuckers whoever made this decision! Cunts to a man!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#10 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,987 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:59 PM

Also.....neither team will be permitted to have the poppy emblem adorning their shirts....apparently it's classed as a political symbol....what a petty shower of lily livered fuckers whoever made this decision! Cunts to a man!

FIFA..... I think.
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:04 PM

FIFA..... I think.

Just heard on the news....yep, FIFA mate...as I said.........to a man!!!

#12 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,520 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:00 PM

The squad has been announced as:

Craig Gordon (Celtic)
Jack Hamilton (Heart of Midlothian)
David Marshall (Hull City)

Callum Paterson (Hearts)
Russell Martin (Norwich City)
Gordon Greer (Blackburn Rovers)
Grant Hanley (Newcastle United)
Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town)
Stephen Kingsley (Swansea City)
Lee Wallace (Rangers)

Matt Ritchie (Newcastle United)
Robert Snodgrass (Hull City)
James Forrest (Celtic)
Oliver Burke (Red Bull Leipzig)
Ikechi Anya (Derby County)
Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday)
Scott Brown (Celtic)
Darren Fletcher (West Bromwich Albion)
James McArthur (Crystal Palace)
John McGinn (Hibernian)
James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday)
Leigh Griffiths (Celtic)
Chris Martin (Derby County)
Steven Naismith (Norwich City)

Pretty much as you'd expect and probably our strongest squad of the players available. There's a few other players who I'd have liked to see including:

Charlie Mulgrew - Been out injured but involved in the last 3 games for Blackburn where he'll hopefully develop a partnership with Greer.
Charlie Adam - Been benched for much of this year but still managed 9 appearances and did well in his last game.
John Souttar - With CB being one of our weaker positions, I'd like to see Souttar being introduced.
Matt Phillips - Doing well alongside Fletcher and Morrison at West Brom, should be in the squad in my opinion.
Tom Cairney - Seems a consistent performer for Fulham alongside Kevin McDonald.
Kevin McDonald - Same as above.
Graeme Shinnie - With Robertson and Tierney out through injury, I thought he was sure to get a call up...
Johnny Russell - Always been impressed with Russell and he used to play alongside Chris Martin.
Phil Bardsley - Doing well at Stoke and we're short of decent RBs so should be in the squad in my opinion.

#13 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,767 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:14 PM

Home clubs poorly represented in that squad.

Craig Gordon  Celtic

James Forrest  Celtic

Scott Brown  Celtic

Leigh Griffiths  Celtic

Jack Hamilton  Hearts

Callum Paterson  Hearts

John McGinn  Hibernian

Lee Wallace  Rangers

Is that a true reflection on the state of the game in Scotland?

Edited by Hairy Scot, 02 November 2016 - 08:15 PM.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#14 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:47 PM

squad is pretty much what we've got to be fair.

Agree with Panda man that we need to start thinking more about blooding in the youthful ones that have the potential to step up. Soupy Souttar is the prime example. we all rave about Tierney quite rightly but Souttar have been excellent since I have been watching him and a definite Scotland CB in my eyes, so lets get him in at least the squad and give him that experience of travelling about in the national team.

Always think we should include Charlie Adam too, not for his looks......but he has a sweet left foot and the ability to come up with a goal.

#15 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

Home clubs poorly represented in that squad.

Craig Gordon  Celtic

James Forrest  Celtic

Scott Brown  Celtic

Leigh Griffiths  Celtic

Jack Hamilton  Hearts

Callum Paterson  Hearts

John McGinn  Hibernian

Lee Wallace  Rangers

Is that a true reflection on the state of the game in Scotland?

Of the players you named above only Brown and Wallace are sure to start and Wallace only because Robertson is injured.

Absolutely mental we are still seeing John McGinn involved in these squads . I cant think why former SFA President Jack McGinns grandson is in the squad :rolleyes:

Paterson is another possible starter before Bardsley who doesn't even make the squad.

I think Strachan is trying to pick home players but the best all move south and if they are still playing in our league there is a reason for that. They just aren't good enough to make it down south.

The standard of the Scottish League is as poor now as anytime in my lifetime. Hearts for example were knocked out of Europe by a team from Malta!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#16 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

Of the players you named above only Brown and Wallace are sure to start and Wallace only because Robertson is injured.

Absolutely mental we are still seeing John McGinn involved in these squads . I cant think why former SFA President Jack McGinns grandson is in the squad :rolleyes:

Paterson is another possible starter before Bardsley who doesn't even make the squad.

I think Strachan is trying to pick home players but the best all move south and if they are still playing in our league there is a reason for that. They just aren't good enough to make it down south.

The standard of the Scottish League is as poor now as anytime in my lifetime. Hearts for example were knocked out of Europe by a team from Malta!!

jambos where unlucky that night!

#17 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:34 PM

jambos where unlucky that night!

Quite possibly but it is not a one off. Other Scottish clubs have been going out early from Europe for years now. Very few of the other clubs have reached the heights that Dundalk for example are reaching this season

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#18 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:42 PM

Quite possibly but it is not a one off. Other Scottish clubs have been going out early from Europe for years now. Very few of the other clubs have reached the heights that Dundalk for example are reaching this season

if Buaben had tucked away our penalty on 35 mins game would have been different but then we would have been hammered like the Maltese in the next round from Krasnodar

#19 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:15 AM

Remember people used to say without Rangers and Celtic this league would be as poor as Irish or Welsh football ? 

Welsh national team is light years ahead of ours. 

Dundalk are doing exceptionally well in Europe and have made themselves a small fortune this season and look as if they will go from strength to strength

#20 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:22 AM

Remember people used to say without Rangers and Celtic this league would be as poor as Irish or Welsh football ? 

Welsh national team is light years ahead of ours. 

Dundalk are doing exceptionally well in Europe and have made themselves a small fortune this season and look as if they will go from strength to strength

oh aye, can see Dundalk being masi right enough :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users