Das it mane , Das it.

#3 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:31 PM

Was it 'rife' though?

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#4 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,869 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:41 PM

Was it 'rife' though?

Id say so , if it was rife in normal life then id say yes , all them famous people being outed in the last 10 years or so etc
Das it mane , Das it.

#5 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,103 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

Id say so , if it was rife in normal life then id say yes , all them famous people being outed in the last 10 years or so etc

I am talking specifically about in Scottish football at all levels. I don't think it was exactly rife and certainly nowhere near as bad as it was in other groups that were mostly young boys for example the Scouts / BB / church groups.

I am not saying it didn't happen at football clubs i just don't think it would be as prevalent as it was in these other groups.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#6 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 16,905 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

I am talking specifically about in Scottish football at all levels. I don't think it was exactly rife and certainly nowhere near as bad as it was in other groups that were mostly young boys for example the Scouts / BB / church groups.

I am not saying it didn't happen at football clubs i just don't think it would be as prevalent as it was in these other groups.

Whether or not it's rife or prevalent, if it has occurred or is occurring then those responsible should be outed and dealt with accordingly.

Capture

#7 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,103 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:27 AM

Whether or not it's rife or prevalent, if it has occurred or is occurring then those responsible should be outed and dealt with accordingly.

Cmon Hairy that goes without saying. I was in no way trying to say it should be ignored are dealt with lightly. Those who use children in this way IMO are the scum of the earth

#8 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 16,905 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:34 AM

Cmon Hairy that goes without saying. I was in no way trying to say it should be ignored are dealt with lightly. Those who use children in this way IMO are the scum of the earth

I did not intend to imply that Trav. Sorry if it came across that way.

Capture

#9 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 16,905 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

Barry Bennell charged:- http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38150244

Bennell is charged with offences committed between 1981 and 1985.

Let's play Devil's Advocate:-

While I agree that such offenders should be severely punished, I have to wonder whether or not the length of time that has elapsed might tend to raise doubts about the accuracy of the evidence.

In addition, such offences are rarely committed in front of witnesses; that, and the lack of forensic evidence, means that there is normally no corroboration.

The lack of corroboration may not make much difference in English courts, but in Scotland it's a different story.

Does the fact that there are multiple alleged victims constitute corroboration?

Will we see the same phenomenon as we saw with the Saville case?

Capture

#10 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• 1,312 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:17 PM

I've worked in job in the past that dealt with child and sexual abuse. People outside that world have little idea how prevelant it is. Using the Catholic Church child abuse scandal as an example; it was estimated that 5% of all priest were involved in some form of sexual abuse. It could be argued that the catholic church is an extreme example because the vow of celebacy can play a part in turning normal men into pedophiles.

However experience in the area made me reflect on my childhood and the experiences of my sisters and some of my close friends and I'd say that 5% of the general population being involved in some form of sexual abuse isn't totally outlandish.

#11 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 29,903 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:21 PM

I've worked in job in the past that dealt with child and sexual abuse. People outside that world have little idea how prevelant it is. Using the Catholic Church child abuse scandal as an example; it was estimated that 5% of all priest were involved in some form of sexual abuse. It could be argued that the catholic church is an extreme example because the vow of celebacy can play a part in turning normal men into pedophiles.

However experience in the area made me reflect on my childhood and the experiences of my sisters and some of my close friends and I'd say that 5% of the general population being involved in some form of sexual abuse isn't totally outlandish.

Genuine question Enders......

Stats wise I mean.

Do the figures include 15/16 year olds who maybe had a relationship with an older person?
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#12 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• 1,312 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

Genuine question Enders......

Stats wise I mean.

Do the figures include 15/16 year olds who maybe had a relationship with an older person?

The figures for statutory rape would be included. However, the 5% figure was a ballpark guess by a psychologist looking into the phenonomal of pedophilia in the clergy. He linked it with with the vow of celebacy. But from my experience I think it would apply to all men who have access to children or at least more contact than normal.

#13 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,103 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

I try not to get into the Catholic Church abuse cases as i grew up in an area of Paisley where our old minister was replaced by a much younger trendy right on guy. We were all about 14-16 years old and thought this guy was great. He used to kick a ball about with us and took time to chat away with us about this that and whatever.

A couple of years later this young married minister with a young family was involved in a scandal involving young vulnerable rent boys who he 'let stay' in his house while his wife was away. 

There but for the grace of God go I.

Organisations / Jobs where adults have close contact with young kids is obviously going to have a far higher percentage of Paedophiles.

#14 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 29,903 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

Chelsea now apologise after originally sweeping it.......
Posted Image

#15 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,869 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:38 PM

http://www.skysports...riate-behaviour
Das it mane , Das it.

#16 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 16,905 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

You'd have to question why this only comes out now.

Capture

#17 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,869 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:58 PM

You'd have to question why this only comes out now.

I think its the tip of the iceberg now ppl are coming out and telling there will be loads more here and the rest of the UK
Das it mane , Das it.

#18 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 29,903 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:28 PM

http://www.skysports...riate-behaviour

Seems, reading that, he was with Hibs when the inappropriate behaviour took place..... Also, Rangers went on to inform the police.

Seems strange the headline is about Rangers and not Hibs?
Posted Image

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,927 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

Seems, reading that, he was with Hibs when the inappropriate behaviour took place..... Also, Rangers went on to inform the police.

Headline should be regards Police imo Bastion....they were informed at the time....that's where Rangers should be directing any further enquiries!

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#20 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,103 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:53 PM

Oh dear LB. You have so much to learn about the mainstream media in Scotland.

There is a huge story in Scottish football that has not  been told yet but the media give it a wide berth. The Scottish Sun actually rewrote a direct quote on the front page from Sean Fallon after complaints from Celtic supporters. You see he admitted Big Jock Knew and that would never do. Even though the whole world know he knew it can never be said. 

This sort of thing can happen at any football club, any swimming club,any tennis club and so and so on. For me it is how the clubs choose to deal with it where the problem lies. Paying families to keep quiet about their child being abused is sickening. It is sickening a club would do this to protect their good name / public image but probably more sickening that a family could put a price on their child being abused and knowing their silence could lead to it happening to others. The clubs involved in covering child abuse up  , no matter who they are and i obviously include any clubs i support / have a leaning towards, should be hammered by the footballing authorities.

There should be no more silence. The media should no longer fear telling the truth about clubs and individuals involved. Silence and people looking the other way have allowed these sort of people to go unchallenged for far too long. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users