SFA urges Scottish football child abuse victims to speak out

96 replies to this topic

#21 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 36,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:35 PM

Oh dear LB. You have so much to learn about the mainstream media in Scotland.

There is a huge story in Scottish football that has not been told yet but the media give it a wide berth. The Scottish Sun actually rewrote a direct quote on the front page from Sean Fallon after complaints from Celtic supporters. You see he admitted Big Jock Knew and that would never do. Even though the whole world know he knew it can never be said.

This sort of thing can happen at any football club, any swimming club,any tennis club and so and so on. For me it is how the clubs choose to deal with it where the problem lies. Paying families to keep quiet about their child being abused is sickening. It is sickening a club would do this to protect their good name / public image but probably more sickening that a family could put a price on their child being abused and knowing their silence could lead to it happening to others. The clubs involved in covering child abuse up , no matter who they are and i obviously include any clubs i support / have a leaning towards, should be hammered by the footballing authorities.

There should be no more silence. The media should no longer fear telling the truth about clubs and individuals involved. Silence and people looking the other way have allowed these sort of people to go unchallenged for far too long.

Oh dear
Das it mane , Das it.

#22 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:37 PM

The iron said :

"Paying families to keep quiet about their child being abused is sickening. It is sickening a club would do this to protect their good name / public image "

Going by that why didnt hibs or rangers speak up ? Eh ?
Das it mane , Das it.

#23 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:45 PM

Provide evidence of your claims bicker , most threads you expect ppl to take your word as gospel...

You know how to use the search engine so get the links posted ;)

Edited by Hoopz, 06 December 2016 - 02:46 PM.

Das it mane , Das it.

#24 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,967 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:53 PM

The iron said :

"Paying families to keep quiet about their child being abused is sickening. It is sickening a club would do this to protect their good name / public image "

Going by that why didnt hibs or rangers speak up ? Eh ?

As far as I can see Rangers reported the matter to the Police as soon as they were aware Hoopz.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#25 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

As far as I can see Rangers reported the matter to the Police as soon as they were aware Hoopz.

Yep seen that in the article but trav is talking about keeping people silent , nobody knew of this either, yet hes making assumptions that others were paid to be silent, id like to see hard evidence of this but everytime you ask him he deflects and doesnt back up his claims

I think me posting a link annoyed him for him to go on his rant , i never mentioned anything except a link showing another case of abuse
Das it mane , Das it.

#26 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,967 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

Yep seen that in the article but trav is talking about keeping people silent , nobody knew of this either, yet hes making assumptions that others were paid to be silent, id like to see hard evidence of this but everytime you ask him he deflects and doesnt back up his claims

I think me posting a link annoyed him for him to go on his rant , i never mentioned anything except a link showing another case of abuse

Aye. I see what you're getting at but it is, imo, two entirely different scenarios as in 1) paying hush money & 2) 'speaking up' which was the point I was replying to.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#27 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

Aye. I see what you're getting at but it is, imo, two entirely different scenarios as in 1) paying hush money & 2) 'speaking up' which was the point I was replying to.

Yes from that point of view but trav is saying the media gave a huge story a wide berth , yet this one was also hush hush in the media.

From all the accusations he fires about it would be nice to see a source , and not a secret recording from a drunk passenger in his taxi ! :)
Das it mane , Das it.

#28 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,967 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:36 PM

Yes from that point of view but trav is saying the media gave a huge story a wide berth , yet this one was also hush hush in the media.

From all the accusations he fires about it would be nice to see a source , and not a secret recording from a drunk passenger in his taxi ! :)

But were the media aware ? There have been numerous allegations over the past couple of weeks, were the media aware of all ?

#29 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

But were the media aware ? There have been numerous allegations over the past couple of weeks, were the media aware of all ?

If police notified and complaints filed then surely as the media attend courts
Das it mane , Das it.

#30 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,967 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

If police notified and complaints filed then surely as the media attend courts

I've read nowt (unless I've missed it) about any proceedings after the Police were notified. However you're correct in that if a complaint was made and procedure was followed & the case 'reached' the court then YES it should come to the attention of the media.

#31 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 29,923 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

Did Celtic sweep Child abuse under the carpet to protect the club?
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#32 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 29,923 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:39 PM

Headline should be regards Police imo Bastion....they were informed at the time....that's where Rangers should be directing any further enquiries!

Hibs too imo...... going by what I read in Hoopz post.....

Yet the article writer choose Rangers .
Posted Image

#33 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,967 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:45 PM

no surprise.

#34 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:57 PM

Did Celtic sweep Child abuse under the carpet to protect the club?

The kellys did , and they should hang their heads for it
Das it mane , Das it.

#35 zander

zander

Hall Of Fame

• 1,741 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

What's really strange is that it's not the only one. A paragraph from an article on FF.

http://www.followfol...950/index.shtml

Almost as sinister as their silence over investigations they know are taking place are the repeated attempts at various outlets to promote the idea that Ibrox was a venue where abuse took place or was ignored.   Hence - in recent days we have seen goals.com, The Independent, The Sun and the Daily Record all feature headlines and pictures clearly implying such was the case.   goals.com, the Independent and the Record have all either apologised and removed aspects of their coverage.  Which begs the question - “why publish such material in the first place?”

One of the reporters involved has already been outed as a Celtic fan.

The kellys did , and they should hang their heads for it

If this is true then they should face prison sentences.

Edited by zander, 06 December 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#36 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,967 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:34 PM

I think that before this thread descends into a tit for tat Rangers/Celtic explosion we should take a wee step back & look at the title of the thread.

#37 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,887 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:40 PM

What's really strange is that it's not the only one. A paragraph from an article on FF.

http://www.followfol...950/index.shtml

Almost as sinister as their silence over investigations they know are taking place are the repeated attempts at various outlets to promote the idea that Ibrox was a venue where abuse took place or was ignored. Hence - in recent days we have seen goals.com, The Independent, The Sun and the Daily Record all feature headlines and pictures clearly implying such was the case. goals.com, the Independent and the Record have all either apologised and removed aspects of their coverage. Which begs the question - “why publish such material in the first place?”

One of the reporters involved has already been outed as a Celtic fan.

If this is true then they should face prison sentences.

Only from what ive read i dont know 100%

Travis will surely enlighten us all
Das it mane , Das it.

#38 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 29,923 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

I think that before this thread descends into a tit for tat Rangers/Celtic explosion we should take a wee step back & look at the title of the thread.

Take your point Dug

But I haven't seen anything to suggest there was a problem at Ibrox?

But it is certainly much more wide spread than 1 or 2 clubs......

It must have been a paedo dream back in the 70's, no checks made or sex registers kept...... ffs Jimmy Saville was stalking the hospital morgue.

These cunt's took full advantage and didn't care which clubs name they damaged in the process.
Posted Image

#39 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,967 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:17 PM

Take your point Dug

But I haven't seen anything to suggest there was a problem at Ibrox?

But it is certainly much more wide spread than 1 or 2 clubs......

It must have been a paedo dream back in the 70's, no checks made or sex registers kept...... ffs Jimmy Saville was stalking the hospital morgue.

These cunt's took full advantage and didn't care which clubs name they damaged in the process.

Just a wee suggestion mate before things do. Doesn't take much.

#40 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 16,912 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:02 PM

Regardless of the clubs involved, if those in charge at the time such offences occurred did not report them to the police or tried to cover things up by paying "hush money" then they should be prosecuted, or at the very least named and shamed.

However, and I do not intend this as any kind of mitigation, I think that the level of such offences within football in Scotland and indeed Great Britain pales into insignificance when compared to some other organisations.

Capture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users