• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

If people have protected child abusers then lets get them too.

You really think there is a stomach for that? You really think that is going to happen?  Nobody wants to be the one that comes out and points the finger at those who protected Paedophiles from prosecution. 

We need more Fergus McCanns but unfortunately he is a rare breed. The only one i see remotely close to him in the modern game is Ann Budge at Hearts

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#82 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,751 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

It is an utter disgrace that the SFA are having to be dragged kicking and screaming into holding a full enquiry into child sex abuse at Scottish Football Clubs!!!

Politicians, Police and Victims charities pleading with them and still no definitive answer!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#83 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:07 PM

It is an utter disgrace that the SFA are having to be dragged kicking and screaming into holding a full enquiry into child sex abuse at Scottish Football Clubs!!!
Politicians, Police and Victims charities pleading with them and still no definitive answer!!

No better than others who cover it up or sweep it.....
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#84 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,751 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

No better than others who cover it up or sweep it.....

It is an absolute disgrace mate and a national embarrassment that this has not been put in place. It should actually have been done many years ago.

There is a sporting precedent already for sports clubs that knowingly  covered up child sex abuse and i expect that the precedent set will be followed with any of the clubs found to be guilty of this and individuals named in the enquiry. 

No Hiding place for any of them regardless of who they are or what they have achieved. 

#85 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 37,639 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:00 PM

Trav do u have evidence rangers reported it? Or was it reported by the abused kids dad who was infact a copper , thanks in advance me old cocker
Das it mane , Das it.

#86 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,751 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

Trav do u have evidence rangers reported it? Or was it reported by the abused kids dad who was infact a copper , thanks in advance me old cocker

I don't care either way Hoopz. IF Rangers as a club knowingly covered it up i want them and the individuals involved punished to the full extent of the law. I want the individuals named and shamed in the media. 

I think i have been pretty consistent since this thread opened that i do not care what team or what individuals are involved i want them shamed for their behaviour. 

That all said, and i am only going on the small amount of information i have seen in the press,  I do not think there was any child abuse involving any one at Ibrox. Pretty sure the individual involved made an inappropriate remark to a child of a policeman and he was immediately reported and dealt with. Hopefully now that people are having the courage we will get to the bottom of it and there should be no hiding place for anyone.

I don't think i can be much clearer than this. It is not a club thing and should not be. All supporters of Scottish Football should want the same.

#87 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,751 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

One thing that worries me about this whole thing is the lack of individuals who have come forward from local boys clubs. If it was happening at the top end of the sport where people are more in the media spotlight you would think it would be far more prevalent at Local Boys club level

#88 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 37,639 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

I don't care either way Hoopz. IF Rangers as a club knowingly covered it up i want them and the individuals involved punished to the full extent of the law. I want the individuals named and shamed in the media.

I think i have been pretty consistent since this thread opened that i do not care what team or what individuals are involved i want them shamed for their behaviour.

That all said, and i am only going on the small amount of information i have seen in the press, I do not think there was any child abuse involving any one at Ibrox. Pretty sure the individual involved made an inappropriate remark to a child of a policeman and he was immediately reported and dealt with. Hopefully now that people are having the courage we will get to the bottom of it and there should be no hiding place for anyone.

I don't think i can be much clearer than this. It is not a club thing and should not be. All supporters of Scottish Football should want the same.

Well said old bean
Das it mane , Das it.

#89 zander

zander

Hall Of Fame

• 1,789 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:30 PM

The Scottish FA is in the process of recruiting an independent chair to lead the review of Child Sexual Abuse in football.

The governing body has worked with various partners and agencies in recent weeks, both in establishing an appropriate terms of reference for the review and in ensuring that child wellbeing and protection remains our highest priority.

It is anticipated that a preferred candidate to chair the review will be made to the Board and approved next month.

Work will begin immediately thereafter in reviewing the non-recent allegations of sexual abuse within Scottish football, complementing Police Scotland’s primacy as the investigatory authority in the matter.

A delegation from the Scottish FA continues to meet regularly with Police Scotland as part of an information-sharing protocol and to ensure clear communication between the respective organisations.

In addition, our Child Wellbeing and Protection Manager, Donna Martin, has convened meetings with survivors of child sexual abuse, an open forum to hear their perspectives, provide support and to help shape and influence an appropriate terms of reference for the association’s independent review.

The first draft of the terms has now been completed and will be presented to the survivors group at its next scheduled meeting later this month, to allow for further discussion and feedback before being presented to the Scottish FA board in February.

“The ongoing dialogue we have had with survivors has contributed significantly to defining the terms of reference for the independent review,” said Donna.

“We received a wide range of feedback from the survivors, including the timeframe for completion of the review, that there should be no limit to the period of time the review examines, and that it should encompass all football in Scotland. It is vitally important to the Scottish FA that all parties are satisfied with the content before the review proceeds.”

In addition, meetings have been held with a range of professional and third-sector organisations with expertise in supporting survivors of abuse.

These meetings have formed the basis for scoping a needs assessment and referral route that will enable the Scottish FA to appropriately support survivors of abuse who come forward.

As a result, any survivors coming forward will receive a professional needs assessment from a clinical psychologist, who will then refer the victim to the appropriate level of support.

Members were kept informed about the latest developments at a Q&A session held at Hampden in late December, and the Scottish FA has continued to deal with any reports of abuse with the utmost discretion.

The Scottish FA again urges anyone with information relating to abuse or inappropriate behaviour, both historical and current, to get in touch via the NSPCC’s helpline, 0800 023 2642, or childrenswellbeing@scottishfa.co.uk

http://www.scottishf...=3&newsID=16720

#90 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 37,639 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:29 PM

Another charged

https://stv.tv/news/...historic-abuse/
Das it mane , Das it.

#91 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,822 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Another charged
https://stv.tv/news/...historic-abuse/

I think this is only scratching the surface.
These people are utterly hideous and I hope everyone who is guilty and even those who knew face serious legal action..........what a sad sick fycking world we have.

#92 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 37,639 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 05:45 PM

I think this is only scratching the surface.
These people are utterly hideous and I hope everyone who is guilty and even those who knew face serious legal action..........what a sad sick fycking world we have.

Plus in our communities we dont if they are here or not as its kept quiet, house them all in their own private island i say
Das it mane , Das it.

#93 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,751 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

Nobody anything to add after the BBC show? 

I only saw a very small clip of it but it more or less just highlighted what we all knew anyway. Celtic knew about Torbett and covered it up. This is now a criminal offence so hopefully criminal charges are brought against everyone who knew and did nothing. 

After the criminal case hopefully the SFA will take the appropriate action. A sporting precedence has been set. Lets see if the SFA have the courage to take this the whole way.

I have said right from the outset that if any club was found to be covering up child sex offenders they should be punished.

I have not seen the Neely bit of the show but if Rangers and individuals at the club knowingly covered up for him then obviously they also should be punished to the full extent of the law. 

#94 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,751 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

Sanctions for other sporting clubs who covered up child abuse...

Under legendary coach Joe Paterno, Penn State football became one of the most recognizable and successful brand names in college athletics. But on Monday, the NCAA levied unprecedented sanctions against the program for its role in the sexual abuse scandal involving former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, erasing part of the team’s illustrious history and making its prospects in the near future increasingly dim.

The NCAA fined the school $60 million, imposed a four-year postseason ban on Penn State football, significantly reduced the number of scholarship players the team can field over the next four years, placed the program on probation for five years and enabled any current or incoming player to transfer and play immediately without restriction.

But perhaps the most significant individual sanction in the context of college football history is that all of Penn State’s wins from 1998 to 2011 have been vacated, which means that Paterno, who oversaw the Nittany Lions’ football program for nearly 46 years, no longer is the all-time winningest coach in college football’s Division I. That distinction now returns to the late Eddie Robinson, who recorded 408 career wins in 45 years as the head coach of Grambling State — a number surpassed by Paterno on Oct. 29, his last game as Penn State coach before he was forced to step down.

The punishment was not the so-called “death penalty,” a drastic measure banning a rule-breaking program from competition that has been imposed only once in the modern era — in 1987, the NCAA prohibited Southern Methodist from fielding a football team for one season (and the school added a second year). But the impact on Penn State football is likely to be similarly devastating.

The $60 million fine dwarfs any levied by the NCAA in the past; the four-year bowl ban will cost the school tens of millions of dollars; and the reduction to 15 from 25 annual new scholarships, while not unprecedented in scale, will significantly handicap recruitment efforts, especially given the other negative fallout from the Sandusky scandal.

Opposing football programs looking to take in Penn State castoffs may receive an unanticipated gift: The NCAA is considering whether to allow them to do so without counting the former Nittany Lions players against their allotment of 85 scholarship players.

-----------------------------------------------------------

What will Celtics punishment be?

#95 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

I only saw a very small clip of it but it more or less just highlighted what we all knew anyway. Celtic knew about Torbett and covered it up. This is now a criminal offence so hopefully criminal charges are brought against everyone who knew and did nothing. 

After the criminal case hopefully the SFA will take the appropriate action. A sporting precedence has been set. Lets see if the SFA have the courage to take this the whole way.

I have said right from the outset that if any club was found to be covering up child sex offenders they should be punished.

I have not seen the Neely bit of the show but if Rangers and individuals at the club knowingly covered up for him then obviously they also should be punished to the full extent of the law. 

Couldn't watch the show but read the article which in itself is pretty grim.

Get after them i say, no mercy no matter how old they now are.

Wherever their are kids, this type of abuse is rife, sadly it all comes out years afterwards.

It seems to be extremely rare when a child has the courage to go home and tell their parents he or she have been abused by an adult they admire, look up to and respect.

This is not about some sick maniac grabbing some random kid on their way to school, this is grooming of a child in an environment of trust and hope of achieving his or hers goal in life. 

#96 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,264 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Didn't see the show Trav....SP started a thread & tbh I had forgotten about this one. perhaps a mod could merge.....

SP's thread is .....http://forums.scotti...-it-could-hurt/

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#97 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,751 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

Cheers Dug. Sorry about putting this here but honestly didn't see the other thread. Maybe a mod could merge. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users