Real Madrid v Napoli

Manchester City v Monaco

#2 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 38,263 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

Falcao will destroy that city defence , never happened at utd but hes back poppin em in again for monaco
Das it mane , Das it.

#3 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,263 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

Decent draw for leicester
Das it mane , Das it.

#4 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,053 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

Falcao will destroy that city defence , never happened at utd but hes back poppin em in again for monaco

I would put this down as a must try harder kinda post  :P

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#5 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,263 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:32 PM

I would put this down as a must try harder kinda post :P

A wee avatar bet seems to be setting alarm bells ringing in my head .... ;)
Das it mane , Das it.

#6 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,053 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:09 PM

A wee avatar bet seems to be setting alarm bells ringing in my head .... ;)

You would get us both banned if you put up the one I have in mind 😂😂

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#7 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,263 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:07 PM

You would get us both banned if you put up the one I have in mind 😂😂

Ive only ever lost one of these battles , against our chappy , i put two sheep to the sword and i kept my word

Keep the photo civil and its a goer :D

1 month avi of the winners choice
Das it mane , Das it.

#8 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,053 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:58 PM

Ive only ever lost one of these battles , against our chappy , i put two sheep to the sword and i kept my word

Keep the photo civil and its a goer :D

1 month avi of the winners choice

Go on then. Whats the bet? 

#9 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,263 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

Go on then. Whats the bet?

Falcao scores in any of the 2 games and monaco go through i win , anything else you win ?
Das it mane , Das it.

#10 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,053 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:08 PM

Falcao scores in any of the 2 games and monaco go through i win , anything else you win ?

Nah just a straight City or Monaco to go through. City go through i win. 

Anything could happen to Falcao between now and then

#11 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,263 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:23 PM

Nah just a straight City or Monaco to go through. City go through i win.

Anything could happen to Falcao between now and then

Dealio :D
Das it mane , Das it.

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,053 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

Kompany will be back, Sterling will be back playing, Hopefully Pep will stop fannying about and play a settled defence. I have a wee feeling that City will go far this season in the Champions League

#13 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,020 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

The CL just doesn't do it for me, ok a few different teams from the normal like Leicester but who wants to watch a game involving them ! Same old teams as usual at this stage due to the inflated money they get in their respective countries.

It has lost its appeal for me and I struggle to have the slightest bit of interest in any of these games, mainly because it was the same ones last year and the year before that and so on. Most of those teams are only there to make the numbers up and you could bet your house on at least one of the teams making the final if not both.........and that for me is big turn off.

I remember going back to the late 90s and I was so happy to be watching Utd v Juve or one of the other teams not so well known such as PSV v Lyon but it seems to be the same games all the time.........anyone else a little fed up with the whole thing ? Fair enough if your team is in their but even when Rangers were playing a part it or not I was still looking forward to watching other teams and appreciating particular players.

#14 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,053 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:37 PM

I agree to an extent Cam but it is not a Champions League it is THE European Elite League with the Elite clubs taking part. That is what the TV companies want and that is what they are going to get.

There is a 'Champions' route to the group stages and i don't have the stats as i didn't pay that much attention to it but would be interested to know how many that qualified through the Champions route got through the group stage and how many finished bottom of their group.

Edited by Travis Bickle, 13 December 2016 - 09:37 PM.

#15 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,020 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:44 PM

I don't think that matters though Trav and you could hardly hit those teams over the head with a stick, its like Ross County trying to win the league here with the difference in finances. It is getting way over board now and I'm just wondering how long it will be before real fans start to show their annoyance at the whole thing.

I would have far more interest in the Champions League if it were exactly that, the tournament we competed in during its first year and the few years after were great as it was all champions........spoiled goods for me, of course supporters of the teams who get the easy passage and most money will never complain but I do hope something happens about the whole thing. Either tell the teams who they want in the tourney, likes of Real, Barca, Bayern and all the usual team to piss off and play each other for eternity and let the rest of us get back to playing a game that is more evenly matched on and off the field.

#16 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,263 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:57 PM

Rename it the european cup cos there teams finishing 4rth and 3rd etc and getting a straight passage and others playing 3 qualiers when they won their league , the quality shouldnt matter or if they call it the CL , of ciurse they want the best clubs in there but the name should change , that annoys me , even smallet counrties dont get a look in cos its a big club love in , saying all of that i do enjoy the games and look forward to the finals esp if they turn out to be a derby like last season
Das it mane , Das it.

#17 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,651 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:08 PM

Rename it the european cup cos there teams finishing 4rth and 3rd etc and getting a straight passage and others playing 3 qualiers when they won their league , the quality shouldnt matter or if they call it the CL , of ciurse they want the best clubs in there but the name should change , that annoys me , even smallet counrties dont get a look in cos its a big club love in , saying all of that i do enjoy the games and look forward to the finals esp if they turn out to be a derby like last season

Also..... if Cam and Trav don't like it.....?

Brucie Bonus :D
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#18 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,263 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:20 PM

Also..... if Cam and Trav don't like it.....?

Brucie Bonus :D

Just reread my post , littered with spelling mistakes and bad grammar so i hope hairy sees it!
Das it mane , Das it.

#19 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:26 PM

The CL just doesn't do it for me, ok a few different teams from the normal like Leicester but who wants to watch a game involving them ! Same old teams as usual at this stage due to the inflated money they get in their respective countries.

It has lost its appeal for me and I struggle to have the slightest bit of interest in any of these games, mainly because it was the same ones last year and the year before that and so on. Most of those teams are only there to make the numbers up and you could bet your house on at least one of the teams making the final if not both.........and that for me is big turn off.

I remember going back to the late 90s and I was so happy to be watching Utd v Juve or one of the other teams not so well known such as PSV v Lyon but it seems to be the same games all the time.........anyone else a little fed up with the whole thing ? Fair enough if your team is in their but even when Rangers were playing a part it or not I was still looking forward to watching other teams and appreciating particular players.

are you suggesting that there should be financial parity?

#20 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,651 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:28 PM

Just reread my post , littered with spelling mistakes and bad grammar so i hope hairy sees it!

Might post a photo of myself eating a meal with a hat on.......

:D
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users