Billy Gilmour

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:31 PM

Who a lot of you are saying, young lad at Rangers tipped to be the next big thing......reports emerging that Chelsea are set to offer half a million to take the 15 year old down to London.

If there is any truth in it, how could he be worth more than some current first team players ? In fact dont answer that ha ha.

On a serious note though this highlights the issue I have with the impact Sky have had on the game worldwide in favour of the English clubs.
Here we have a young lad who if there is any truth in it would be crazy to ignore a financial opportunity that will await him but the overall impact on his and Scotlands prospects of developing properlly will be somewhat damaged.....if he is as good as everyone says then perhaps he can make the grade but Chelsea hardly have a knack of producing their own youth players.

Could be another player set for the scrap heap before its even started due to English clubs.

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,972 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

Who a lot of you are saying, young lad at Rangers tipped to be the next big thing......reports emerging that Chelsea are set to offer half a million to take the 15 year old down to London.

If there is any truth in it, how could he be worth more than some current first team players ? In fact dont answer that ha ha.

On a serious note though this highlights the issue I have with the impact Sky have had on the game worldwide in favour of the English clubs.
Here we have a young lad who if there is any truth in it would be crazy to ignore a financial opportunity that will await him but the overall impact on his and Scotlands prospects of developing properlly will be somewhat damaged.....if he is as good as everyone says then perhaps he can make the grade but Chelsea hardly have a knack of producing their own youth players.

Could be another player set for the scrap heap before its even started due to English clubs.

Let's hope he's crazy then Cam.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Lol.....

#4 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 08:06 PM

He's been talked about for quite a while. His father , also Billy Gilmour, is his agent and a raging Celtic supporter. If he doesn't go South / Abroad there is every chance he will end up in the East End of Glasgow.

It is amazing that if you didn't read Rangers Forums you would never have heard of this guy. 

If they are going to offer something like £500,000 take it but insist on at least a 20% sell on clause. It worked well for Hamilton with McArthy / McArthur setting them up for years

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#5 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:29 PM

I actually found out about him on Facebook !

#6 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:52 PM

I actually found out about him on Facebook !

Sorry Cam i wasn't meaning you wouldn't have heard of him. I was talking about in general terms and lack of any news in the MSM regarding him. There has been next to nothing in comparison to some other decent prospects in the Scottish game.

On the other hand maybe that is a plus when you see what has happened to John Fleck and Islam Feruz. Where are they now?

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#7 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

Sorry Cam i wasn't meaning you wouldn't have heard of him. I was talking about in general terms and lack of any news in the MSM regarding him. There has been next to nothing in comparison to some other decent prospects in the Scottish game.

On the other hand maybe that is a plus when you see what has happened to John Fleck and Islam Feruz. Where are they now?

Yeah and again highlights the problem created with Sky and their never ending £$€ going to the English teams.
These guys may have had a decent future had they not went down to England and chased the money while throwing away a decent football career but some people just cant see what I'm talking about.

It is really effecting our game and going to get worse.

#8 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

And liam money man miller
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#9 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:54 PM

I think Islam Feruz may have to change his name.    ;)

Edited by Hairy Scot, 14 December 2016 - 11:54 PM.

Shit Creek

#10 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:26 AM

John Fleck has been at Coventry City for 4 years since leaving Rangers and is now at Sheffield Utd. He is still only 25.

#11 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:44 AM

Football has a short career whether playing first team or not and as much as it guts me losing players to lesser teams with more money I would probably do the same, it's a gamble but a worth while gamble

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:47 AM

And liam money man miller

There was another young Celtic lad from around the same time that went south and never really made it. Pretty sure he came back up the road to Hibs but his name escapes me at the moment,

#13 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:48 AM

cammy, go look back and read this 

"Seen this the other night and yeah the wee fella looks class BUT how many times do we see lads at that age level who are ahead in some way to the rest be it height, strength or in this case speed.
When they get to 17/18 the other lads tend to catch up in the pyhsicality and in most cases over take them......in this case i hope im wrong but seen it lots and lots of times before. "

what about gilmours strength , speed and height? no mention here? have you got clips? yet you have have him at chelsea if everyones view is correct.

this my friends is a good case of the tints

Edited by Hoopz, 15 December 2016 - 12:48 AM.

#14 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:48 AM

There was another young Celtic lad from around the same time that went south and never really made it. Pretty sure he came back up the road to Hibs but his name escapes me at the moment,

pat fenlon

#15 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:49 AM

John Fleck has been at Coventry City for 4 years since leaving Rangers and is now at Sheffield Utd. He is still only 25.

john fleck musta beeen worse than miller, utter pish

#16 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:50 AM

I think Islam Feruz may have to change his name.    ;)

ungrateful little bastard , karma is a bitch as they say

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:43 AM

Football has a short career whether playing first team or not and as much as it guts me losing players to lesser teams with more money I would probably do the same, it's a gamble but a worth while gamble

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Full wallet & the bench (if lucky) or a lighter wallet & the pitch ? Hmmmm. It used to be that players worked their way up to the big pay day. Now it seems the opposite.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#18 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:51 AM

cammy, go look back and read this 

"Seen this the other night and yeah the wee fella looks class BUT how many times do we see lads at that age level who are ahead in some way to the rest be it height, strength or in this case speed.
When they get to 17/18 the other lads tend to catch up in the pyhsicality and in most cases over take them......in this case i hope im wrong but seen it lots and lots of times before. "

http://forums.scotti...thread/page-117

what about gilmours strength , speed and height? no mention here? have you got clips? yet you have have him at chelsea if everyones view is correct.

this my friends is a good case of the tints

How is that a biased opinion, make it clear to me because you are seeing something that I'm not.

These are two different scenarios, one is 13 and the other almost 16. Big difference in physicality.
Also the case with Gilmour he is actually being touted to leave which made me highlight it......my issue with the money in England and how it has a negative effect on countries like ours to keep and develop players. I himted he may be a failure as it could stunt his career.

Also if you look on the next page I said Dembele could go the other way and get better and better.......besides I have seen no clips on Gilmour so cant comment on his ability.
I have seen D3mbele however and while he looks great he is clearly more developed than those in his age group.
This is a classic case of where you say something about one team and the other person takes the hump.

Its an observation about youth football Hoopz that has shown when players stand out big time its usually because they have that development advantage, may not be the case here but has been numerous times in the past.

Biggest example I can think of is the Brazilian Hulk, he tore teams apart at yourh level because he was more developed physically than those around him. Once he made the mens team he wasnt the player everyone tipped.

Good luck to Dembele but I think you are seeing something Im not.

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:27 AM

Hoopz - a couple of posts after Cam made his comment you said "On the flip side cammy he might just get better and better!! Time will tell" and the next post Cam actually agreed with you mate. Don't see how Cam has the blue tinted on.

#20 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:38 AM

How is that a biased opinion, make it clear to me because you are seeing something that I'm not.

These are two different scenarios, one is 13 and the other almost 16. Big difference in physicality.
Also the case with Gilmour he is actually being touted to leave which made me highlight it......my issue with the money in England and how it has a negative effect on countries like ours to keep and develop players. I himted he may be a failure as it could stunt his career.

Also if you look on the next page I said Dembele could go the other way and get better and better.......besides I have seen no clips on Gilmour so cant comment on his ability.
I have seen D3mbele however and while he looks great he is clearly more developed than those in his age group.
This is a classic case of where you say something about one team and the other person takes the hump.

Its an observation about youth football Hoopz that has shown when players stand out big time its usually because they have that development advantage, may not be the case here but has been numerous times in the past.

Biggest example I can think of is the Brazilian Hulk, he tore teams apart at yourh level because he was more developed physically than those around him. Once he made the mens team he wasnt the player everyone tipped.

Good luck to Dembele but I think you are seeing something Im not.

Unreal :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users