• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

Stevenson had to start in goals for Raith Rovers tonight after they had no fit goalies. He only let in one goal too.

#2 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,877 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

I remember when he went in goals against Hearts a few years back but that was when the goalie got sent off if I remember right.

Pretty poor the SPFL didn't postpone the match given their goalie crisis, yet let Hibs emergency loan in players at will.....

#3 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,955 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

Screenshot_2017-02-28-22-00-35-1.png

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#4 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

I remember when he went in goals against Hearts a few years back but that was when the goalie got sent off if I remember right.

Pretty poor the SPFL didn't postpone the match given their goalie crisis, yet let Hibs emergency loan in players at will.....

I think the SPFL were quite right to reject the request. Raith Rovers had quite a few avenues open to them to get a keeper in. Some required explicit permission, some didn't. I think they held out all hope in getting a specific keeper in, but the deal fell through, leavign them with egg on their face. 

#5 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:25 PM

I'm sure the odds were almost 2/1 for the home win prior to the goalie announcement. I got just over evens, with the final price going odds on.

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

I think the SPFL were quite right to reject the request. Raith Rovers had quite a few avenues open to them to get a keeper in. Some required explicit permission, some didn't. I think they held out all hope in getting a specific keeper in, but the deal fell through, leavign them with egg on their face. 

They tried to get Celtic 3rd keeper (can't remember his name) but he turned them down.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#7 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:51 PM

They tried to get Celtic 3rd keeper (can't remember his name) but he turned them down.

I wonder why he turned them down. I can't see him getting much action where he is.

#8 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,307 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

Sounds more an emergency than efe was
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

Sounds more an emergency than efe was

Yeah I agree mate....but as Craig said there were other avenues open to them apparently but I honestly don't know if Raith actually tried them....to be honest I wouldn't like to say whether it would have been correct or not to postpone the game without all the facts.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#10 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,498 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:58 AM

Raith Rovers have prior for this kind of fuck up. Remember they moaned about Rangers recalling Ryan Hardie from the Scotland Under 19 duty to play against yet they claimed they were not allowed to recall their players?
It came out later the SFA agreed to let Hardie and the Raith Rovers lads leave the Under 19 squad but the clubs had to pay the travel costs. The Raith Rovers directors had refused to pick up the costs. Embarrassing

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#11 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:03 PM

Raith Rovers have prior for this kind of fuck up. Remember they moaned about Rangers recalling Ryan Hardie from the Scotland Under 19 duty to play against yet they claimed they were not allowed to recall their players?
It came out later the SFA agreed to let Hardie and the Raith Rovers lads leave the Under 19 squad but the clubs had to pay the travel costs. The Raith Rovers directors had refused to pick up the costs. Embarrassing

Maybe they could arrange to have no goalie whatsoever tomorrow night, that would be excellent and a great boost!

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,498 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

Maybe they could arrange to have no goalie whatsoever tomorrow night, that would be excellent and a great boost!

Every game is huge for the Buddies right now but they seem to be hitting a bit of form at just the right time. Raith have been hot n cold all season and they lack goals.

As much as I like winding my St Mirren mates up I would hate to see them go down a division.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#13 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

Every game is huge for the Buddies right now but they seem to be hitting a bit of form at just the right time. Raith have been hot n cold all season and they lack goals.

As much as I like winding my St Mirren mates up I would hate to see them go down a division.

Trav,  our result against Raith Rovers says it all.

Too many guys in the team picking up the paper and reading how great they were in the first half against Celtic.  I predict a rocket from the Boss and hopefully a win against the PARS tomorrow.

You will no doubt have been hearing the stuff on radio surrounding Tommy Craig recently and depending on who you believe he got Danny the heave ho and Danny wasn't loud enough to protect his position.

Apparently all of this is on Twitter but I'm not on it so can't say too much.

Nothing will convince me from the position that Danny's departure and to an extent Gus before him set the trend for our downward spiral.

Edited by Hunterian, 10 March 2017 - 01:25 PM.

#14 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,498 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:52 PM

Not heard on the radio about Craig and Lennon but you know I have thought all along that Craig stabbed him in the back. A complete rat!!

#15 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,522 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:04 PM

Former Ayr United, Hearts and Partick Thistle star Ryan Stevenson RETIRES aged 32

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users