• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

We always go away for Mrs Bickles birthday at the start of April. Quite often we go to a place on the West Coast called Tayvallich and rent a wee Cottage or Static Caravan. Cottages are about £450-£600 per week and Caravan is around £420 per week. Lovely place with a fantastic restaurant the Tayvallich Inn. 

I thought i would price a week in Portugal. I have just booked a week in Vilamoura flying out of Glasgow Airport for under £300 for the 3 of us and that is in a hotel within 5 minutes of beach / Marina. Is it any wonder that more and more people holiday abroad with prices like this? 

On top of the price of flights and Hotel eating out is far cheaper and in Portugal the food in general is better than the pub grub we get here

I ll still probably go camping in the summer at Tayvallich or Muasdale if the weather is decent but even though i have spent a fair amount on Camping gear it will be abroad from now on for our main holidays

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#2 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,604 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:56 PM

We always go away for Mrs Bickles birthday at the start of April. Quite often we go to a place on the West Coast called Tayvallich and rent a wee Cottage or Static Caravan. Cottages are about £450-£600 per week and Caravan is around £420 per week. Lovely place with a fantastic restaurant the Tayvallich Inn. 

I thought i would price a week in Portugal. I have just booked a week in Vilamoura flying out of Glasgow Airport for under £300 for the 3 of us and that is in a hotel within 5 minutes of beach / Marina. Is it any wonder that more and more people holiday abroad with prices like this? 

On top of the price of flights and Hotel eating out is far cheaper and in Portugal the food in general is better than the pub grub we get here

I ll still probably go camping in the summer at Tayvallich or Muasdale if the weather is decent but even though i have spent a fair amount on Camping gear it will be abroad from now on for our main holidays

Wish you a nice holiday.

Portugal remains one of the more affordable European destinations.

Try ans spend a night in Ronaldo's night club the "seven Valmoura". :thumbup: 

#3 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,720 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

Wish you a nice holiday.

Portugal remains one of the more affordable European destinations.

Try ans spend a night in Ronaldo's night club the "seven Valmoura". :thumbup:

I have just googled it. I am going from 29th of March for 7 days. I am also going from the 15th of July - 22nd of July. Sevens opening night is the 22nd of July  :(

I ll just need to make do with Figo 7 and the 19th Hole  :D

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#4 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,250 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:39 PM

I have just googled it. I am going from 29th of March for 7 days. I am also going from the 15th of July - 22nd of July. Sevens opening night is the 22nd of July :(

I ll just need to make do with Figo 7 and the 19th Hole :D

Edited by cmon norn iron, 02 March 2017 - 11:40 PM.

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#5 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,265 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:54 AM

Haemilldaemi.

Shit Creek

#6 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,882 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:29 PM

Just booked majorca 4 the 6th of may. Got a good deal 4 me & the Mrs.Same hotel as last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users