95 replies to this topic

#41 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 68,829 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

no the lashing kick out on the Hamilton boy

I agree....I said at the time that it was a red all day long.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#42 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,215 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

I am pleased for the 6 0 win but not happy with the overall performance.

Once again after early pressure we don't score and Hamilton slowly built in confidence, luckily it came to nothing and let's face it the penalty was touch and go.

Before that Hamilton should have had a direct free kick after Fod's handling in the diamond.

Second half was better without being spectacular, Hamilton made it very easy.

Still, this could be the kick start we have been looking for for a while, please, please bring on Hibs in the semi.

Next week is THE TEST we will see where we are at.

#43 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,215 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

Once again after early pressure we don't score and Hamilton slowly built in confidence, luckily it came to nothing and let's face it the penalty was touch and go.

Before that Hamilton should have had a direct free kick after Fod's handling in the diamond.

Still, this could be the kick start we have been looking for for a while, please, please bring on Hibs in the semi.

Oh and i forgot, Garner should have been red carded.

#44 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:47 PM

Think you call it right, good win but I wouldn't call it a great performance. Rangers seem to give the ball away far too much. They didn't really seem too dominant in the game which is weird to say when they ran out 6-0 winners but I would not call it a confident performance.

#45 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

wee mention too for the guy Micheal Devlin at Hamilton who has been talked about a lot recently, watched him today and I think he is a really good centre half. Only 23 but looks to me like he has a good future ahead of him.

#46 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

They didn't really seem too dominant in the game which is weird to say when they ran out 6-0 winners but I would not call it a confident performance.

It is beyond weird as 6-0 flattered a truly awful Hamilton Accies and it could so easily have been double figures.  Even when Rangers were down to 10 men it was Rangers who created 2 clear cut chances.

Right i am the first to criticise referees when decisions go against us so i wont duck these decisions. Didn't have a decent view of the Foderingham incident but the linesman surely has to give that so Beaton cant really be criticised for that one. I half heartedly shouted for the penalty. It is the opposite end of the pitch so unless it is an absolute stick on cant really comment but consensus seems to be it was a Penalty. If it was for the pull back then there is no attempt to play ball and it was a clear goal scoring chance so why no Red? Why no booking at least? 

Garners 'tackle' was outrageous!! Absolutely shockingly bad and so bad i was ranting at him for being a complete fucking idiot. Inexcusable and i have no explanation why that was not a straight Red! The other night i was critical of Clancy for  going straight for the Red without giving it a thought but today i think Beaton over thought it. 

Accies best player was the Keeper. Great save from Millers volley and a Toral header.

What a difference in the team in the last 2 games. 9 goals and it still should have been more. 

Next week is not a test. Celtic will win next week or at least they should win next week but they are in a league of their own right now. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#47 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,175 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:40 PM

Just back and may as well get to the main talking point in the game.......Rangers actually score a few goals :-) only kidding.
The incident with big Wes looked a yard outside the box for me and I'm sure everyone else thought that in the stadium too because the voices and chatter was buzzing around the stadium right after.
Looks like we got away with that one.

The penalty incident was the opposite side of the ground from me and lots of bodies in front so I cant really comment if it was the right call or not.

The tackle from Garner, straight away everyone round me said it was a straight red but I said no way yellow card wait and see.
I thought initially bad intent was there to hammer the lad and right at the last micro second he stopped himself from fully following through with his aggressive tackle.
I will have to see it again but I think the ref called it right, I know most thought it was red but have to see it again......gut instinct is usually correc5 and I thought the ref called it right.

Lots of good passages of play today and a couple of what would have been marvelous team goals but also a fair bit of loose play when we should just have kept it simple but overall I was pretty pleased and its clear the team are now starting to play with their head up.

I thought we would score a few goals today and secretly I said to myself 6 ( sorry Gaffa ) but couldnt justify that scoreline.
More pleased to see a few goals flying in whilst keeping a clean sheet. Thought the defence were good today and Hill was excellent sweeping up a lot of loose space and loose balls.

Few positive performances today, again Hyndmans contribution was positive while Waggy was also eager to get involved. Wee Holts endeavour really helped the midfield but the big difference between the teams was yet again Mckay.
The lad is so valuable to our attacking with his running power and sublime touch and vision. He should take a look at Sinclair at Celtic and start to add that drive to get forward and actually score goals. Mckay has superior ability to the Celtic man imo but the Englishman has superior awareness and drive to score on the pitch....he would do well to look at his game and develop that clinical ruthless streak to his game.

This places the team in a far better frame of mind going into the Celtic game, the last 2 results will go a lo g way to giving them some belief to fight and try get a result at the runaway leaders......still expect Celtic to win but a Rangers victory is not so difficult to imagine now.

#48 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,175 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:44 PM

Just watching the penalty incident there, never a penalty for me. As soft as they come.

#49 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,829 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

Cam....the Garner incident with Imrie wasn't even a tackle....it was an outrageous kick that should have resulted in instant dismissal. There was no need for him to even challenge him on the line.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#50 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,829 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

Just watching the penalty incident there, never a penalty for me. As soft as they come.

When you put your arm around someone you are always at risk if the player goes down....however it was more a Hamilton player caught Toral's foot from behind...stick on penalty.

#51 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,829 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:08 PM

Listening to Clyde SSB & a Gers fan who was at the game is on saying....garner didny mean to hit the boy...... :lol: .......next Christmas pressie for this guy must be a straight jacket.

#52 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

Listening to Clyde SSB & a Gers fan who was at the game is on saying....garner didny mean to hit the boy...... :lol: .......next Christmas pressie for this guy must be a straight jacket.

Now Now Dug. Respect his opinion.... ;)

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#53 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

get him a dummy!

#54 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,829 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

Now Now Dug. Respect his opinion.... ;)

I do....doesn't mean I can't laugh at his comment..... :D

#55 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,772 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Waiting travs slating of officials as he does every week ....... but if it suits him maybe not :)
Das it mane , Das it.

#56 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,829 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:41 PM

Waiting travs slating of officials as he does every week ....... but if it suits him maybe not :)

The Garner incident apart...I felt Beaton done no bad today Hoopz.

#57 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

The Garner incident apart...I felt Beaton done no bad today Hoopz.

how do you work that out Dug?

Rangers really should have had 2 men sent off, no?

#58 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,829 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:51 PM

how do you work that out Dug?

Rangers really should have had 2 men sent off, no?

Do explain gaffa. 

#59 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:55 PM

Do explain gaffa. 

I have photographic evidence (once again....lolololol)

Obvs Garner should have gone, there is no debate needed there.

And what about your goalie? Surely a goalie handling outside the box is not allowed, no?

Attached Thumbnails

• r1.jpg

#60 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:56 PM

did he stop a goal scoring chance?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rangers, hamilton, scottish cup, sky sports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users