95 replies to this topic

#81 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:49 PM

Ref and linesmen were very poor today.
I can understand how supporters of the so called "smaller teams" cry out for bias when they play against the "big two".
The officials need to be judged after match more harshly for poor performances, and sanctions given.

Awwww gies peace ... Rangers have been on the wrong end of some horrendous decisions this season. Today is the first time I can think of when a very poor , IMO, decision went in our favour!! It in no way affected the outcome of the game!

Only midweek we were denied a penalty and had a very debatable Red card given against us.

Barrie McKay was consistently held back against St Johnstone and not one yellow card was given for these challenges

Hearts away goal disallowed which directly affected result.
Aberdeen away dreadful decision to give them a free kick which they scored injury time winner. Directly affected result
ICT away denied late penalty which directly affected result

I could go on all night but I am too busy

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#82 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• Members
  • 873 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

Awwww gies peace ... Rangers have been on the wrong end of some horrendous decisions this season. Today is the first time I can think of when a very poor , IMO, decision went in our favour!! It in no way affected the outcome of the game!

Only midweek we were denied a penalty and had a very debatable Red card given against us.

Barrie McKay was consistently held back against St Johnstone and not one yellow card was given for these challenges

Hearts away goal disallowed which directly affected result.
Aberdeen away dreadful decision to give them a free kick which they scored injury time winner. Directly affected result
ICT away denied late penalty which directly affected result

I could go on all night but I am too busy

Listen I am a Rangers supporter and i say "Rangers have been on the end of some horrendous beatings this season" and not through "horrendous decisions" by incompetent officials but through incompetent individuals who don't deserve the blue jersey or didn't deserve the title of manager.

Garner should have been red carded, could you then say in all honestly in wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game?

Certainly not, Rangers would have won and deserved to win but Garner wouldn't have a hat trick to his credit.

Stop making excuses, the officials were dire.

#83 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,819 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:22 PM

Listen I am a Rangers supporter and i say "Rangers have been on the end of some horrendous beatings this season" and not through "horrendous decisions" by incompetent officials but through incompetent individuals who don't deserve the blue jersey or didn't deserve the title of manager.
Garner should have been red carded, could you then say in all honestly in wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game?
Certainly not, Rangers would have won and deserved to win but Garner wouldn't have a hat trick to his credit.
Stop making excuses, the officials were dire.

I don't believe you're a Rangers supporter.

I am not making excuses but stating facts about referee performances. They have been utterly dreadful and Rangers have suffered this season.

Players and managers performances have absolutely nothing to do with this.

When Garner was off injured Rangers were still the dominant team and should have extended their lead.

Your rants about Foderingham tells me a lot. Foderingham, Wallace, Hill, McKay and Miller have been our consistent performers this season and Hyndman is playing well at the moment. The rest have been up n down all season but we have reached both cup semi finals and fighting for second.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#84 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,400 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

One of the few times I would agree with co-commentator Andy Walker who said along the lines of....'If that wasn't the most obvious red card (Garner incident), I don't know what is'......a fucking red every day of the year and to defend it is deplorable!

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#85 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,260 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:33 AM

One of the few times I would agree with co-commentator Andy Walker who said along the lines of....'If that wasn't the most obvious red card (Garner incident), I don't know what is'......a fucking red every day of the year and to defend it is deplorable!

Watched the highlights on Sportscene via BBC iPlayer, so I was able to replay some incidents a number of times with stop action.

Both Foderingham and Garner should consider themselves very very lucky.

Common sense

#86 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,819 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

a fucking red every day of the year and to defend it is deplorable!

There you go again with the fence sitting. A wonder you don't get splinters!! :lol:

I got in last night and watched Sportscene hoping there was something in what Cam had posted but unfortunately it was as horrendous a challenge as i had first thought. What makes it worse for me is it is just inexplicable. WTF was he trying to do? There is no pulling out of it and he just blooters Imrie(i think) up in the air. As clear a Red card as you are ever likely to see. 

At least the BBC showed one or two niggly wee challenges on Garner that is the only explanation i have for him committing that sort of challenge

It wasn't quite as bad as Ian McCall trying to defend the Ayr player Red carded for a truly awful challenge on young McGinn. 

#87 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,400 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

Trav said:  What makes it worse for me is it is just inexplicable. WTF was he trying to do?

I was honestly thinking the same Trav.....absolutely no reason for such an action (not 'reaction').....I could come to absolutely no plausible explanation!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#88 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:20 PM

We all know the Rangers keeper should have been sent off for deliberately handling the ball outside the box which directly stopped an certain goal but will anything be done about? Well we all know that answer too....

Now looking at the penalty incident there actually doesn't really seem any contact, however, Toral should be given credit for one of the finest Shakin' Stevens dance moves I've ever seen.

Attached Thumbnails

• giphy.gif

#89 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 37,694 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

:lol: unreal
Das it mane , Das it.

#90 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

only a yellow at Ibrox

Attached Thumbnails

• giphy2.gif

#91 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,400 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

We all know the Rangers keeper should have been sent off for deliberately handling the ball outside the box which directly stopped an certain goal but will anything be done about? Well we all know that answer too....

Now looking at the penalty incident there actually doesn't really seem any contact, however, Toral should be given credit for one of the finest Shakin' Stevens dance moves I've ever seen.

what you talking about ? The guy tackled Toral from behind and caught his foot. 

Not the first time I've seen a goalie blatantly handle out of the box and not be sent off.

#92 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,400 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:39 PM

only a yellow at Ibrox

Yep, we discussed it earlier in the thread & apart from Cam all agreed he should have walked.

#93 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,819 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:11 PM

The BBC really out did themselves this week. Showed Toral being pulled back. Highlighted Accies defender standing on Torals foot as he is about to shoot then they all agreed ... NO PENALTY 😂😂😂😂

#94 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,400 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

The BBC really out did themselves this week. Showed Toral being pulled back. Highlighted Accies defender standing on Torals foot as he is about to shoot then they all agreed ... NO PENALTY

Accies player doesn't help himself with his arm round about Toral either. If you do things like that you run the risk of being penalised.

#95 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,819 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:46 PM

Accies player doesn't help himself with his arm round about Toral either. If you do things like that you run the risk of being penalised.

No attempt to play ball = Red Card

#96 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,860 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:01 PM

Toral was caught very very slightly but I still don't think he dived or that it was a penalty. Youo can see the biggest obstacle for him there was catching his foot on the turf which resulted in him losing his balance

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rangers, hamilton, scottish cup, sky sports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users