Rangers V Hamilton

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,173 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

Another sell out for the new managers first game with the fans eager to see what kind of changes in style of football we will see. I personally can not see to many changes at this stage but I imagine there will be a wee tweak of the system and formation.

We were pretty much a 4-4-2 against Celtic although that did change at times during the match with 5 in midfield.

I think the new guy will go similar with a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 with one of these 4-2-3-1-1 type ideas but effectively it is 4-4-2/4-5-1.

Listening to his press conf it sounds like he may give Dodoo a chance and for me its long overdue, Miller may not see as much game time but tbh I think he has been rather excellent this season and has to be a serious contender for our POTY.

I think we will see..............

Wes

Hodson - Wilson - Hill - Wallace

Tav - Holt - Hyndman - Mckay

Waggy - Dodoo

Last game against Hamilton at Ibrox it was all one sided so I expect this one to a much tighter affair but if we can score an early goal then I think we will run out winners by 2 or 3 goals but wouldn't be surprised to see 1 goal win it either way.............Cant see Hamilton getting anything here though tbh.

3-0 Rangers

#2 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

Rangers
3rd in the SPL
Recent games
1-1 Celtic (A)
3-2 St Johnstone (H)
1-2 Inverness CT (A)
1-2 Dundee (A)
1-1 Ross County (H)
Overall form
XWWXLXLWWXWXWWLWWWWXLWLXLLWX
Home form
XWXWXWWWWWLXW
Away form
WXLLWXWLWXWLLLX 

Hamilton
11th in the league
Recent games
0-4 Hearts (A)
1-0 Aberdeen (H)
0-2 Celtic (A)
0-2 Partick Thistle (A)
1-1 Kilmarnock (H)
Overall form
XLXWLLXXXWLXXXXXLLLLXLWXLLWL
Home form
LWXXWLXXLLXWXW
Away form
XXLLXXXXLLLLLL

I went for 3-1 in the predictor

Stats from the predictor so far:
Home win: 95.3%
Away win: 1.2%
Draw: 3.5%

Predicted scores so far:
2-0 30.0%
3-0 25.9%
2-1 11.5%
3-1 11.5%
4-0 7.2%
1-0 6.0%
1-1 3.1%
4-1 1.6%
5-0 1.0%
1-2 <1%
0-2 <1%
2-2 <1%
4-2 <1%
5-1 <1%
0-1 <1%

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 68,826 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

Hyndman....1-0 Gers.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

Clint Hill makes it 2-0.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:15 PM

3-0 Waghorn....penalty.

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Lee Wallace sticks in the 4th.

#7 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,173 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

Just back from the game and so happy to see a change in style and formation. The team played with far more purpose today and looked to get in behind enemy lines at any opportunity. Long ball, short ball, passing in triangles and so on.

Such a change in attitude from this season and early signs are we will be seeing a more direct style of football while not leaving ourselves short at the back.
Hamilton who in the previous games played with a packed midfield and defence were no different today except they had no striker for almost the whole game.....their tactics of trying to counter quickly in the full back areas is something I have noticed just about all teams taking advantage of but today it seems the new man has identified that and is trying to address it.

Any time Tav or Wallace made runs forward Toral or Holt covered the area and it was pleasing to see the team look defensively together. Only one real danger in the game when we gave the ball away and Accies almost scored from a free header but really other than that there was no real danger.
The team looks to have a shape and purpose to their attack and possesion while being less open to simple counter attacks.

Obviously a lot of work for the new man to do but the signs today were certainly positive and I think the fans will warm to that kind of drive and commitment from the players which obviously comes from the man in charge.

#8 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:17 PM

Always look forward to reading your man on the ground reports Camshy.
Sounds like Pedro is giving some early optimism.

#9 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:56 AM

More or less what Cam said. I think we both agreed earlier in the season we have the players to make 2nd place and today was one of the few times this season where they have looked like it for the entire 90 minutes. Solid at the back and looking to turn defence into attack. Midfield movement and closing down was a joy to watch. Upfront Waghorn and Miller linked up well and it will only get better as the team get used to working hard for the entire 90 minutes

I have been Tavs biggest critic and i am still not convinced he is good enough defensively but he was my MOTM today. Worked so hard and looked to play with a freedom that we have seen so far this season

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#10 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,763 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:33 AM

Best squad in Scotland lolol belter

Big jim traynor must be ruling the rooost still
Das it mane , Das it.

#11 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,173 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:05 AM

All bravado talk and for the Rangers fans, we both know he does'nt believe it.

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

Still not lost to a pub team ....... Yet

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#13 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,763 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

Still not lost to a pub team ....... Yet

Great response son
Das it mane , Das it.

#14 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,763 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:19 AM

All bravado talk and for the Rangers fans, we both know he does'nt believe it.

Mental , now he has to back it up
Das it mane , Das it.

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

Mental , now he has to back it up

No need to mate. He knows it's not fact....as Cam said it was just for the fans. The guy is in no position to make any judgement re playing squads.

#16 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,763 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

No need to mate. He knows it's not fact....as Cam said it was just for the fans. The guy is in no position to make any judgement re playing squads.

Its a crazy statement , for the fans or not , the fans know its not true so why even say it? Bonkers
Das it mane , Das it.

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

Its a crazy statement , for the fans or not , the fans know its not true so why even say it? Bonkers

probably ill advised Hoopz.

#18 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

Dembele is worth £40 million

Stevie Fulton is the next Roberto Bagio 

Ian Cathro is the Hearts Manager.

Teams and club officials have been making these kind of carzy statements since the game started.

All Pedro has to do is keep the team playing the way they did on Saturday and the support will be just fine with him.

Of course he could have come in and said that the Rangers players were all duds and they have no chance of catching the far superior Aberdeen team. Not sure that would have gone down well with his players or the supporters.

#19 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,763 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:02 PM

Dembele is worth £40 million

Stevie Fulton is the next Roberto Bagio

Ian Cathro is the Hearts Manager.

Teams and club officials have been making these kind of carzy statements since the game started.

All Pedro has to do is keep the team playing the way they did on Saturday and the support will be just fine with him.

Of course he could have come in and said that the Rangers players were all duds and they have no chance of catching the far superior Aberdeen team. Not sure that would have gone down well with his players or the supporters.

Dembele is worth whatever anyone is willing to pay , and pedro didn't need to say anything at all regards his team being the best or worst
Das it mane , Das it.

#20 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

Dembele is worth whatever anyone is willing to pay , and pedro didn't need to say anything at all regards his team being the best or worst

Of course Pedro had to make a statement about his squad. It is his opinion ,and as Dug is forever reminding me, everybody is entitled to their opinion as you are to disagree with it.

Rangers have the second best squad in the country in my opinion. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users