95 replies to this topic

#41 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 38,150 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

That's why, 1 man ?

Nothing else representing Ireland? Just 1 fleg for 1 man?

Yep , came over from ireland founded celtic to help the poor and deprived in east end so flying a tricolour is hardly a show of supporting terrorism
Das it mane , Das it.

#42 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,150 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

Yep. Oh dear indeed. Whataboutery is bad enough but Whataboutery with made up shit is poor

You just said its never been sung at ibrox , i proved you wrong ;)
Das it mane , Das it.

#43 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 31,533 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

Yep , came over from ireland founded celtic to help the poor and deprived in east end so flying a tricolour is hardly a show of supporting terrorism

No I agree on that point, I thought they may have been more into promoting links between the club and Ireland.....

But if it's just 1 fleg to represent the founder.... fair enough.
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#44 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,030 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

You just said its never been sung at ibrox , i proved you wrong ;)

No you certainly did not. Ill informed whataboutery.

Keep going. I am sure you will get there in the end. Here is a wee hint. Keep looking on Youtube and you will find the Famine Song. You will not find it on any clips taken from any Rangers game. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#45 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,150 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

No you certainly did not. Ill informed whataboutery.

Keep going. I am sure you will get there in the end. Here is a wee hint. Keep looking on Youtube and you will find the Famine Song. You will not find it on any clips taken from any Rangers game.

No thanks , 1 quick search on the engine was enough to prove your "fact" wrong.

Cheers for the offer though :)
Das it mane , Das it.

#46 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,030 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

No I agree on that point, I thought they may have been more into promoting links between the club and Ireland.....

But if it's just 1 fleg to represent the founder.... fair enough.

Of course it is to show a connection with Ireland and Nationalists at that and has absolutely nothing to do with the Priest used as a front man for the club. 

As has been pointed out in the past the Flag over Ireland in 1888 was the Union Flag!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#47 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,030 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

No thanks , 1 quick search on the engine was enough to prove your "fact" wrong.

Cheers for the offer though :)

Yet again you proved NOTHING!! FACT!! ;)

#48 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,150 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

Yet again you proved NOTHING!! FACT!! ;)

Proved your fact wrong with a 7 second search ;)
Das it mane , Das it.

#49 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,150 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:13 PM

Paragraph from the celtic story book

“On account of its associations through founders and supporters with Ireland the Celtic club from the beginning had flown over the stand at Parkhead the old Irish flag of a golden harp on a green background. In 1921, when Ireland became the Free State, the new flag of the infant republic was substituted. It might have been the flag of Siam for all the attention that any spectator, supporting home or visiting team, gave to it, and if it had been the flag of Siam the SFA would have paid no attention to it, either. What ruffled the feelings of that body was the fact that it was the flag of Ireland. It would seem that an official of long standing in the SFA was the prime agitator for its removal."
Das it mane , Das it.

#50 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,030 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:18 PM

Proved your fact wrong with a 7 second search ;)

No you didn't and tbh i really believe arguing any point with you is pointless. Only the other day you were quoting Dermott Gallagher who agreed word for word with what i said to try and prove me wrong.

Just to draw a line under this, The Clip you posted is of the 'Why Don't You Go Home' chant. 2 dafties then went away and added verses to this chant and created The Famine Song. The chant , imo, is harmless and is just poking fun at Scottish people who claim they are Irish and hate this country. The Famine Song is distasteful bigoted nonsense written by bigoted fuckwits who should be outed as utter scum

#51 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,150 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:20 PM

No you didn't and tbh i really believe arguing any point with you is pointless. Only the other day you were quoting Dermott Gallagher who agreed word for word with what i said to try and prove me wrong.

Just to draw a line under this, The Clip you posted is of the 'Why Don't You Go Home' chant. 2 dafties then went away and added verses to this chant and created The Famine Song. The chant , imo, is harmless and is just poking fun at Scottish people who claim they are Irish and hate this country. The Famine Song is distasteful bigoted nonsense written by bigoted fuckwits who should be outed as utter scum

That 1 i posted is classed as the famine song dont talk pish

As for dermott you got that wrong too ffs

I honestly think you're at the wind up :lol:
Das it mane , Das it.

#52 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,030 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:27 PM

Paragraph from the celtic story book

“On account of its associations through founders and supporters with Ireland the Celtic club from the beginning had flown over the stand at Parkhead the old Irish flag of a golden harp on a green background. In 1921, when Ireland became the Free State, the new flag of the infant republic was substituted. It might have been the flag of Siam for all the attention that any spectator, supporting home or visiting team, gave to it, and if it had been the flag of Siam the SFA would have paid no attention to it, either. What ruffled the feelings of that body was the fact that it was the flag of Ireland. It would seem that an official of long standing in the SFA was the prime agitator for its removal."

Rangers supported Celtic in keeping the flag. 

Did Celtic mention how they stole the most of the  Hibs team? Did they mention that these players were tempted West with underhand payments ? 

#53 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,030 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

That 1 i posted is classed as the famine song dont talk pish

As for dermott you got that wrong too ffs

I honestly think you're at the wind up :lol:

As i said. Beyond help. Even after it is explained you still don't get it. I don't care what you class as the Famine Song. I know fort a fact The Famine Song has never been sung at Ibrox. I don't even know the words to the entire Famine Song. What you posted was the original WDYGH chant which is in no way the same.

#54 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,150 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Did Celtic mention how they stole the most of the Hibs team? Did they mention that these players were tempted West with underhand payments ?

Is that not whataboutery ? Very off topic
Das it mane , Das it.

#55 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,150 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

As i said. Beyond help. Even after it is explained you still don't get it. I don't care what you class as the Famine Song. I know fort a fact The Famine Song has never been sung at Ibrox. I don't even know the words to the entire Famine Song. What you posted was the original WDYGH chant which is in no way the same.

The famine is over why dont you go home , is banned , sung at ibrox

If you dont know it how do you know its not been sung ffs
Das it mane , Das it.

#56 David Malcolm

David Malcolm

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

Did Celtic mention how they stole the most of the Hibs team? Did they mention that these players were tempted West with underhand payments ?

I suggest you read Alan lugton book the making of Hibernian volume 1 it's a great insight to when and how Celtic FC were formed and by whom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#57 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,030 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

The famine is over why dont you go home , is banned , sung at ibrox

If you dont know it how do you know its not been sung ffs

I never said i didn't know it. You are just making things up now  :lol:

The chant is banned. The Billy Boys is also banned but that's not The Famine Song either  :P

#58 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,030 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

I suggest you read Alan lugton book the making of Hibernian volume 1 it's a great insight to when and how Celtic FC were formed and by whom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The real danger to Hibs came from John Glass, who was the financial backer for Celtic. He had observed the coming of professionalism in England and correctly surmised that the same would happen in Scotland.[19] Celtic signed several of the Hibs players through offering financial inducements to the amateur Hibs players.[19] This effectively left Hibs without the team who had been highly successful in the preceding years. Celtic went on to win four league championships in the 1890s.

#59 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,030 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

I have said it before but it is frightening how little they know about their own club yet they seem to know every tiny little detail about Rangers. 

Or on the other hand.

Maybe they do know but choose to just ignore the darker side of their own club.

#60 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,150 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

I never said i didn't know it. You are just making things up now :lol:

The chant is banned. The Billy Boys is also banned but that's not The Famine Song either :P

You dont know the words to the entire song , that to me sounds like you dont know it , or you only hear parts of it ? Who knows with your vague explanations

Proved wrong as that is the banned famine song i posted ive never heard another version thankfully

You're just trying to get out ur mess again :lol:
Das it mane , Das it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users