Hampden Park

36 replies to this topic

#21 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:36 PM

Why dont the SFA take Hampden off the hands of Queens Park so they can give a proper refurb and build them a 5k stadium closeby or is that too simplistic

Hampden Park is owned by Queens Park.

They have lesser Hampden which is behind the 'Rangers end' which was completely renovated as a warm up area for the commonwealth games which would be more than adequate for their needs.
Queens Park also built themselves a swanky new social club with the money they made from 2 massive home games against Rangers.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#22 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,387 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

The Rates for Hampden have gone up dramatically despite the stadium remaining as it has for many years. Surrounding area much the same.

The Rates for Ibrox stadium have also gone up despite no significant improvements to stadium and surrounding area

The Rates for Celtic Park have vastly reduced despite significant ground improvements and large scale regeneration in the surrounding area.

Nothing to see here.....

and you know what about how the Rateable values are arrived at?

Serious question : how many conspiracy theories do you really believe?

#23 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,260 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

Oh the irony! 

Common sense

#24 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,812 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:37 AM

Serious question. Is anything I posted factually inaccurate?

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#25 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,260 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:20 AM

On the subject of conspiracy theories; have you read the works of Paul Larkin? He has quite a few stoaters.

Common sense

#26 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,812 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

On the subject of conspiracy theories; have you read the works of Paul Larkin? He has quite a few stoaters.

Stewart Gilmour has quite a few as well. Difference between the likes of Larkin and Ill Phill is Stewart Gilmour was on the inside and knows the truth. Celtic are running Scottish Football for the benefit of Celtic

#27 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:32 AM

As much as I think the place is a shithole, it's apparently on the shortlist for the 2019 Europa League final.

I wouldn't mind moving the games away from Hampden but no matter where we go, somebody won't be happy. 

Screenshot%207_zpsld33ztyd.png

#28 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,859 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

I would love to see it being rebuilt or do something similar like the Emptyhad.....that used to have a track and now its a great looking stadium

#29 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

I would love to see it being rebuilt or do something similar like the Emptyhad.....that used to have a track and now its a great looking stadium

Where does the money come from though? Would Queens Park agree?

#30 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,859 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

Where does the money come from though? Would Queens Park agree?

To be honest Queens Park should not have a say in the matter. A part time club with an average crowd of around 200 if they are lucky.
The fact they are allowed to play all their home games on the national stadiums surface before big showcase games like cup finals etc really sums up our game.

It will never happen anyway as the finances are simply not there

#31 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

To be honest Queens Park should not have a say in the matter. A part time club with an average crowd of around 200 if they are lucky.
The fact they are allowed to play all their home games on the national stadiums surface before big showcase games like cup finals etc really sums up our game.

It will never happen anyway as the finances are simply not there

Am I wrong in saying the ground belongs to them? 

#32 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,859 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

Am I wrong in saying the ground belongs to them?

I think it does, sure to do with them being the oldest club in the country but from my understanding its more of a courtesy than anything.

Makes no sense allowing a part time club full use and ownership of the building......i mean how much money do Queens Park generate, must be a small amount.
How much does it cost for the upkeep etc of Hampden, these over heads must be well over and above what they can afford if they even pay for anything.

#33 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,777 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

I think it does, sure to do with them being the oldest club in the country but from my understanding its more of a courtesy than anything.

Makes no sense allowing a part time club full use and ownership of the building......i mean how much money do Queens Park generate, must be a small amount.
How much does it cost for the upkeep etc of Hampden, these over heads must be well over and above what they can afford if they even pay for anything.

Far too big for them in every way. Think the gigs keep the bills paid. 

They'd be better suited with a small ground with a 5G pitch with modest facilities

#34 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,812 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:48 PM

Far too big for them in every way. Think the gigs keep the bills paid.
They'd be better suited with a small ground with a 5G pitch with modest facilities

They have that directly behind the Rangers end. It's Lesser Hampden. Cracking wee stadium that is used by their youth teams

#35 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,377 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

Why not initiate a compulsory purchase order ? Glasgow council are fucking good at that method!!!

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#36 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,812 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

Why not initiate a compulsory purchase order ? Glasgow council are fucking good at that method!!!

The SFA could get GCC to knock the price down as it will be zoned for one thing. They could then re zone it boosting the value 100 fold and then use it as collateral against a soft loan from a friendly bank at a very friendly interest rate which is below the inflation rate.

Nah they would never get away with that  :rolleyes:

#37 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,377 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

The SFA could get GCC to knock the price down as it will be zoned for one thing. They could then re zone it boosting the value 100 fold and then use it as collateral against a soft loan from a friendly bank at a very friendly interest rate which is below the inflation rate.

Nah they would never get away with that  :rolleyes:

The CPO would be handier though as it forces the owner/s out despite their wishes to remain.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users