Scotland v Slovenia

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,305 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

Wee Tierney is fast becoming one of the best full backs around, going to be one of the very best in Europe......I do think wee GS made a mistake shifting him to RB and giving Robertson his position because he is a far better player than Andy but perhaps Robertson is hopeless at RB.

Either way we won in the end but hope that is not goign to be a common swap because the wee man is 10 times more effective on the left although I thought he was strong on the right.

#22 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

Wee Tierney is fast becoming one of the best full backs around, going to be one of the very best in Europe.

No he isn't and no he wont. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#23 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,307 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

Wee Tierney is fast becoming one of the best full backs around, going to be one of the very best in Europe......I do think wee GS made a mistake shifting him to RB and giving Robertson his position because he is a far better player than Andy but perhaps Robertson is hopeless at RB.

Either way we won in the end but hope that is not goign to be a common swap because the wee man is 10 times more effective on the left although I thought he was strong on the right.

X2 :thumbup:
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#24 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:33 PM

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

Thank fuck a Scotland win 

#25 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,956 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:14 AM

Havent read thread as was at norn iron match but just heard on SSN that the guy who came onto score the winner was booed when he came on!!!.......fuckin disgrace

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#26 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:32 AM

Havent read thread as was at norn iron match but just heard on SSN that the guy who came onto score the winner was booed when he came on!!!.......fuckin disgrace

Aye, read that this morning...That's the loyal Tartan Army for you.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#27 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,086 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:37 AM

Anyone know why Snodgrass was wearing a black armband?

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#28 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

Anyone know why Snodgrass was wearing a black armband?

whole team were - Westminster Bridge

#29 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,086 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:40 AM

whole team were - Westminster Bridge

I must get new specs. I thought it was only Snodgrass.   

Just checked a couple of videos. Looks like only one or two Scotland players were wearing black armbands

Edited by Hairy Scot, 27 March 2017 - 06:45 AM.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#30 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

Tierney's speed is immense at times. He was nipping past players as if they weren't there at times.

#31 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:27 AM

Snodgrass with some sensible words

"I don't think [Martin] has had a fair run of games," he said. "The Scotland fans are seeing the likes of Leigh Griffiths, who's a goal machine, sitting on the bench when we're not scoring goals.

"So I can see both sides of it but for us, as a nation and as a country we need to stick together.

"We don't need anyone falling out, we need everybody supporting us and pulling in the right direction.

"The lads are trying, they're giving everything and you can see that from the level of performance, especially in the first half.

"Stick with us because we need you guys just as much as we need last-minute winners from Chris Martin.

"The fans were brilliant, they were right behind us, supporting us and driving us forward. It's up to us as players to go and deliver and to give them something to cheer about.

"We did that in certain stages but you can see when it stays 0-0 for long spells there's going to be moans and groans. That's just part and parcel with football.

"They want to see you win, they're so passionate. They love their country and so do we. That's why I said stay together and it will drive us forward in the campaign."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users