• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#21 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,004 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

FFS you for real, that is not even a question.
Utd are so far ahead of City it is unreal.......put it this way, prior to the Arabs investing did anyone give a shit or even hear about City ?
No not really, look at all the silly Africans now with their City and Utd and whatever strips on......how many of them have you seen with WBA because thats about the true level of City.

I dislike all teams in the EPL but at least Utd were a true big club before Sky......money cant buy you history and stature etc which is why they will fall back to mediocrity when the billionaires take their money elsewhere......tbh I couldnt care less about them or any team down South but not on the same level as Utd period.

You keep saying City were nothing before the Arab money but that is simply not true. They had won a European Trophy before the game was driven by big business. Comparing them to a club the size of West Brom is just laughable. You do know that United were a lower league club in the not too distant past? 

City are the team of the City of Manchester. It is United that are the worldwide brand team that have plastic fans dotted here there and everywhere. I actually heard , no idea if true, that the largest football supporters club in the World is a United supporters group in China. 

You keep saying that you hate the globalisation of football and pick City out as an example of this but you probably couldn't pick a worse example. Along with Spurs they are the club that have remained closest to their roots. Chelsea,Arsenal,United and possibly Liverpool are made up by tourists and plastic fans. Don't take my word for it just ask Roy Kean! 

City as a club have worked tirelessly to retain their links with the local community and the people of Manchester. They are building a Club that will continue to grow and even after the Arabs have gone they will have left behind a legacy that will see City going from strength to strength. They offer a certain number of reduced priced season tickets so the 'Real' supporters can still afford to go week in week out. Last time i checked there were a limited number priced at £299.

I have heard the Arabs will get bored. Why? What evidence is there of that? The Arabs are not in it for the long haul. What evidence is there of that? The £200 Million spent on the Youth academy would suggest they are very much in it for the long haul. 

Not only have theyt built one of the best club sides in English football they are building one of the best Ladies Football teams in Europe. City Ladies are playing Lyon in the Champions League semi final this coming weekend. 

United are the bigger club but City are the team of the here and now and that is not going to change any time soon if ever.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#22 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,431 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

I do agree, the English league is FULL of "plastic" fans. You want real supporters, come to Scotland.

For me City are a small time club though, all the money in the world doesnt make you big......if that were the case those Chinese clubs would be the biggest on the planet.

#23 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,279 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:15 PM

I do agree, the English league is FULL of "plastic" fans. You want real supporters, come to Scotland.
For me City are a small time club though, all the money in the world doesnt make you big......if that were the case those Chinese clubs would be the biggest on the planet.

We should define a real supporter......
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#24 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:19 PM

I dont get to many games due to work , maybe 3/4 a season , priorities come first but IMO it doesnt make me love the club any less than those can get to most games

Maybe im going off topic a smidge there but was about the "real supporters" comment
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#25 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,426 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:55 AM

pedant.jpg

For me City are  is a small time club though, all the money in the world doesnt make you big......if that were the case those Chinese clubs would be the biggest on the planet.

You keep saying City were was nothing before the Arab money but that is simply not true. They It had won a European Trophy before the game was driven by big business. Comparing them it to a club the size of West Brom is just laughable. You do know that United were was a lower league club in the not too distant past? 

City are is the team of the City of Manchester. It is United that are is the worldwide brand team that have plastic fans dotted here there and everywhere. I actually heard , no idea if true, that the largest football supporters club in the World is a United supporters group in China. 

You keep saying that you hate the globalisation of football and pick City out as an example of this but you probably couldn't pick a worse example. Along with Spurs they are it is the club that have has remained closest to their roots. Chelsea,Arsenal,United and possibly Liverpool are made up by tourists and plastic fans. Don't take my word for it just ask Roy Kean! 

City as a club have has worked tirelessly to retain their its links with the local community and the people of Manchester. They are It is building a Club that will continue to grow and even after the Arabs have gone they it will have left behind a legacy that will see City going from strength to strength. They offer It offers a certain number of reduced priced season tickets so the 'Real' supporters can still afford to go week in week out. Last time i checked there were a limited number priced at £299.

I have heard the Arabs will get bored. Why? What evidence is there of that? The Arabs are not in it for the long haul. What evidence is there of that? The £200 Million spent on the Youth academy would suggest they are very much in it for the long haul. 

Not only have theyt built one of the best club sides in English football they are building one of the best Ladies Football teams in Europe. City Ladies are playing Lyon in the Champions League semi final this coming weekend. 

United are is the bigger club but City are is the  team of the here and now and that is not going to change any time soon if ever.

Shit Creek

#26 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,431 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:59 AM

I dont get to many games due to work , maybe 3/4 a season , priorities come first but IMO it doesnt make me love the club any less than those can get to most games
Maybe im going off topic a smidge there but was about the "real supporters" comment

You are a real supporter Hoopz, more about the plastic fans from different countries having never been to a game or know much about the club compared to real fans.

#27 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,944 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:48 AM

was the paint drying observation becoming a bit boring Hairy ?..... :lol:

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#28 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,426 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

was the paint drying observation becoming a bit boring Hairy ?..... :lol:

5a210343570d24e50161d86a5aecf384_balloon

Shit Creek

#29 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,004 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

I'm just pleased I kept Hairy amused 😏

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#30 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,426 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

I'm just pleased I kept Hairy amused

pedant.jpg The title is also erroneous. Should be "Which is the bigger club?"

Shit Creek

#31 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,004 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

Of course you're a real Celtic fan. It hangs right oot ye😏

#32 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

Not a debate at all. There is no criteria where City would be above Utd and the league at the end of the season will also show this

Utd win their 2 games in hand it will be interesting,they play City next Thurs so will still have another game
I'm still comfused why Trav thinks City and Chelsea are the only happening teams in the EPL right now,strange quote

Screenshot_2017-04-19-10-40-48-1.png

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#33 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:10 AM

You keep saying City were nothing before the Arab money but that is simply not true. They had won a European Trophy before the game was driven by big business. Comparing them to a club the size of West Brom is just laughable. You do know that United were a lower league club in the not too distant past? 

City are the team of the City of Manchester. It is United that are the worldwide brand team that have plastic fans dotted here there and everywhere. I actually heard , no idea if true, that the largest football supporters club in the World is a United supporters group in China. 

You keep saying that you hate the globalisation of football and pick City out as an example of this but you probably couldn't pick a worse example. Along with Spurs they are the club that have remained closest to their roots. Chelsea,Arsenal,United and possibly Liverpool are made up by tourists and plastic fans. Don't take my word for it just ask Roy Kean! 

City as a club have worked tirelessly to retain their links with the local community and the people of Manchester. They are building a Club that will continue to grow and even after the Arabs have gone they will have left behind a legacy that will see City going from strength to strength. They offer a certain number of reduced priced season tickets so the 'Real' supporters can still afford to go week in week out. Last time i checked there were a limited number priced at £299.

United are the bigger club but City are the team of the here and now and that is not going to change any time soon if ever.

So they won a UEFA cup,Forest won 2 European cups,going by what you're saying then Forest are bigger and indeed Villa who won the European cup

As for £200m on a youth academy,what a waste of fucking money,how many kids have come thru the ranks since the arabs took over

43 years i guess is like yesterday and Utd still had the biggest crowds in the UK

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#34 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,004 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:09 PM

So they won a UEFA cup,Forest won 2 European cups,going by what you're saying then Forest are bigger and indeed Villa who won the European cup

As for £200m on a youth academy,what a waste of fucking money,how many kids have come thru the ranks since the arabs took over

43 years i guess is like yesterday and Utd still had the biggest crowds in the UK

Talk about spectacularly missing the point.

The £200 million spent on the youth academy is an indication that the Arabs are building for the future and i wouldn't expect many to have made it by now but like all youth academy/ training facilities they are there for all the squads to use.

City are trying to buy the best young players at the moment and is why they have probably overspent on Stones,Sterling,De Bruyne,Sane, Jesus among others. They want to build a team for the future. Yet another indication the Arabs are there for the long haul

I would say Forest was a bit of a freak and goes to show what a truly fantastic manager Brian Clough was. I was saying the fact City won a European Trophy is a clear indication they were far more than a nothing team before the Arab/TV money as Cam has been saying for quite a while. I wouldn't really argue either way over who is the biggest club between Villa and City as they are both Big  clubs. Villa are going through some dark times due to huge overspending by previous managers but will hopefully get back up to where i believe they belong

#35 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,944 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

I would say Forest was a bit of a freak and goes to show what a truly fantastic manager Brian Clough was. 

2 tears on the spin ? Don't think so Trav.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#36 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,004 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:58 PM

2 tears on the spin ? Don't think so Trav.

What did they do before then? What did they do after?

It was more or less the same team and that team was down to Brian Clough. When I say a freak I mean that it was all down to one man and that one team.

These freaks happen in football. On a much lesser scale the Jimmy Nicholl Raith Rovers team were a freak. Everything just clicks and anything is possible.

#37 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,944 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

What did they do before then? What did they do after?

It was more or less the same team and that team was down to Brian Clough. When I say a freak I mean that it was all down to one man and that one team.

These freaks happen in football. On a much lesser scale the Jimmy Nicholl Raith Rovers team were a freak. Everything just clicks and anything is possible.

Well, they won the 1st division title the year before the first Euro win.. For the two years they were the best team in that competition. They also won the European Super Cup 1979. They won the  League cup....77-78, 78-79, 88-89, 89-90...not too bad. Not a freak imo.

#38 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,691 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Who is the bigger club.....Utd or City?

What a stupid question, the answer is of course Utd.
And why?
1/ fanbase;
2/ number of English league titles won;
3/ number of FA and league cups won;
4/ number of European cups won;
5/ global image.
Only team that could come close to Utd is Liverpool and they haven't even won the EPL.
Time to close this usless and trivial wind up.

#39 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

Talk about spectacularly missing the point.

The £200 million spent on the youth academy is an indication that the Arabs are building for the future and i wouldn't expect many to have made it by now but like all youth academy/ training facilities they are there for all the squads to use.

City are trying to buy the best young players at the moment and is why they have probably overspent on Stones,Sterling,De Bruyne,Sane, Jesus among others. They want to build a team for the future. Yet another indication the Arabs are there for the long haul

I would say Forest was a bit of a freak and goes to show what a truly fantastic manager Brian Clough was. I was saying the fact City won a European Trophy is a clear indication they were far more than a nothing team before the Arab/TV money as Cam has been saying for quite a while. I wouldn't really argue either way over who is the biggest club between Villa and City as they are both Big  clubs. Villa are going through some dark times due to huge overspending by previous managers but will hopefully get back up to where i believe they belong

Since the arabs took over what youth players have come thru the ranks into the first team?

Why buy up all the young players,why not bring youth thru?

Does that msan me n Bastion are plastic Utd fans?

Are you a plastic City fan?

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#40 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,004 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

Since the arabs took over what youth players have come thru the ranks into the first team?

Why buy up all the young players,why not bring youth thru?

Does that msan me n Bastion are plastic Utd fans?

Are you a plastic City fan?

Too soon for any youths to come through FFS. It takes many years to bring them on. They did win the youth cup when I was down for the Villa game. The year Liverpool let it slip. Boyata played for them (I think)

You really want me to explain why buying the best young players is a good thing?😄😄

Does what make you a plastic fan?

I have said before I am a Rangers supporter. I don't class myself as a City supporter. I like to see them win but if they lose I don't really care. IMO you can only REALLY support one team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users