Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

Man utd hands down.

#42 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

Well, they won the 1st division title the year before the first Euro win.. For the two years they were the best team in that competition. They also won the European Super Cup 1979. They won the League cup....77-78, 78-79, 88-89, 89-90...not too bad. Not a freak imo.

Out with the Clough years they did very little

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#43 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,957 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

Out with the Clough years they did very little

And ?

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#44 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

Too soon for any youths to come through FFS. It takes many years to bring them on. They did win the youth cup when I was down for the Villa game. The year Liverpool let it slip. Boyata played for them (I think)
You really want me to explain why buying the best young players is a good thing?
Does what make you a plastic fan?
I have said before I am a Rangers supporter. I don't class myself as a City supporter. I like to see them win but if they lose I don't really care. IMO you can only REALLY support one team

You were the one that brought plastic fans into the equation

I'm sure a player in the academy could do a better job than Stones and save £50m but thats not City's style

So City have never had a youth system before now?

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#45 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

Thinking back to what Cam said,i totally agree,City were a mid/bottom table team scrapping in relegation fights for a long time,i've lost count how many times they went down,maybe WBA were bigger

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#46 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,015 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:01 PM

And ?

And their lack of success before Clough proves my point that it was a complete freak. 

Thanks for helping me out with the stats ;)

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#47 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,015 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:06 PM

You were the one that brought plastic fans into the equation

I'm sure a player in the academy could do a better job than Stones and save £50m but thats not City's style

So City have never had a youth system before now?

I never once described you or Bastion as plastic fans. I have no idea where you get that from

I am sure a player from their academy couldn't do a better job than England's best young central defender. Don't take my word for it just ask successive England managers 

Of course they have. I just checked the stats for you and they have been runners up to Chelsea in the last 2 FA Youth Cups and are 1-1 after the first leg of this seasons FA Youth Cup with Chelsea.

#48 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,015 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

Thinking back to what Cam said,i totally agree,City were a mid/bottom table team scrapping in relegation fights for a long time,i've lost count how many times they went down,maybe WBA were bigger

The above is probably the least surprising post in the history of this forum.

Just remember .... Agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I cannot even begin to imagine how much that must have hurt. It does bring a smile to my face every time i think of that Speccy Blonde Bint at the United game having her celebrations cut short.  :lol:

WBA  :lol:

#49 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

The above is probably the least surprising post in the history of this forum.

Just remember .... Agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I cannot even begin to imagine how much that must have hurt. It does bring a smile to my face every time i think of that Speccy Blonde Bint at the United game having her celebrations cut short.  :lol:

WBA  :lol:

Screenshot_2017-04-19-22-28-12-1.png

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#50 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:35 PM

I never once described you or Bastion as plastic fans. I have no idea where you get that from

I am sure a player from their academy couldn't do a better job than England's best young central defender. Don't take my word for it just ask successive England managers 

Of course they have. I just checked the stats for you and they have been runners up to Chelsea in the last 2 FA Youth Cups and are 1-1 after the first leg of this seasons FA Youth Cup with Chelsea.

You described fans from other countries who go to OT as plastic fans did you not

If you think Stones is Englands finest young defender.....well opinions vary :lol:

I keep hearing about Chelsea n City youth teams,wheres the overwhelming talent from these teams

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#51 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,015 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

You described fans from other countries who go to OT as plastic fans did you not

If you think Stones is Englands finest young defender.....well opinions vary :lol:

I keep hearing about Chelsea n City youth teams,wheres the overwhelming talent from these teams

Did i? 

I don't know if he is or not but successive England managers seem to rate him that highly

Playing in the FA Youth Cup Final the last i heard

#52 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

Plastic fans imo are people who have no real connection with a club but say they support that club.

For example if Rangers lose a game or a cup or league or whatever it would annoy me somewhat and quite possibly effect the rest of my week or whatever because Im a real fan having supported th3m since I can remember.

Trav for example says he likes City, Rangers fan first and foremost but im sure there are many like trav who say they support this team or that team but in reality no emotional tie.......mainly people from Europe claiming to be Barca, Real or whatever fans.
Plastic fans know jack shit about the club either......you know where you could pick out a certain match and a fellow true supporter would be like "yeah, i rwmember" plastic fan, like the africans or whatever wouldnt have a clue as no emotional tie......well imo and experi3nce of speaking directly to so called fans of EPL clubs and seeing so much of it online.

Dont think any on here are plastic fans.

#53 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

Playing in the FA Youth Cup Final the last i heard

I guess Pep has no faith in them then

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#54 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

:lol:

http://www.dailymail...semi-final.html

Edited by cmon norn iron, 20 April 2017 - 01:25 AM.

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#55 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,428 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:48 AM

31.000 out of 33,000 isn't that bad.

And as the article points out, there are a number of reasons why some fans are reluctant to make the journey.

Shit Creek

#56 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,957 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:08 AM

And their lack of success before Clough proves my point that it was a complete freak. 

Thanks for helping me out with the stats ;)

Nup, no freak....2 years on the trot.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#57 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,015 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:10 AM

Trav for example says he likes City, Rangers fan first and foremost but im sure there are many like trav who say they support this team or that team but in reality no emotional tie.

I am not a City supporter. I like to see them win and it is a good day out but that is it. 

I ll give you an example of my feelings for them. I was at a City v Hull game and Hull went one up. They were excellent that day and a real backs to the wall effort. They worked so hard. City got a free kick 25 yards out and Milner hit a fantastic free kick to equalise in the 93rd minute. My feelings going up the road were more sympathetic for Hull City than pleased City had rescued a point

#58 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,015 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:11 AM

Nup, no freak....2 years on the trot.

You have to be at it!!

#59 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,957 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:16 AM

You have to be at it!!

Nup.....The year before the first win they won the 1st division....Best team in England. They then win the European Cup....Best team of the best teams in Europe. They then win the following year's European Cup....best team of the best teams in Europe. For these three seasons considering what they achieved it cannot imo be called 'a freak'. You're struggling here Trav....you know you jumped in with two feet but cannot/will not accept that you are incorrect regards this.

#60 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,015 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

I guess Pep has no faith in them then

Sterling , Stones, Jesus, Sane are all relatively young. 

I had forgotten about Kelechi Iheanacho who first signed for the Academy team.

There are 5 (FIVE) Youngsters. I think Pep has shown if you are good enough you will get your chance at City

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users