• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,344 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:26 AM

Neil Lennon is unhappy at Jim Duffy wanting a square go with him when he did nothing wrong. He did nothing wrong and suddenly everyone wants a fight with him. He did what any manager would do.

See his comments at

I seen the interview first, then seen the incident.

Here's the incident.

#2 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,344 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:27 AM

One thing Lennon did get right was the dodgy headbutt. Nothing there.

#3 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,824 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

He is a trouble maker end of. His conduct is and always has been a disgrace and not the first time he has caused trouble.

#4 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,260 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:40 AM

A thug on and off the field.

Common sense

#5 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:29 AM

Surprise surprise - all comments so far about Lennon  :roll:

Not one about Duffy coming over and getting in Lennons face aggressively

1. Tackle is reckless and hes right ANY other manager would have reacted the same

2. The supposed headbutt = Laughable

3. Duffy then comes across into Lennons face aggressively

4. Lennons reaction to Duffy way over the top

Referee sends off Morton player for tackle = correct decision

Referee sends off Hibs player for reaction and although head didn't connect there was intent as he clearly flicks his head forward = Correct decision

Referee sends Lennon and Duffy to stands = correct decision

To lay all blame at Lennons door is a joke

If you think I'm sticking up for Lennon cause hes an ex Celt then fair enough thats your opinion but the same can be thought of all those who are quick to call Lennon a thug etc just because hes an ex Celt - works both ways

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,273 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:12 AM

Surprise surprise - all comments so far about Lennon  :roll:

Not one about Duffy coming over and getting in Lennons face aggressively

1. Tackle is reckless and hes right ANY other manager would have reacted the same

2. The supposed headbutt = Laughable

3. Duffy then comes across into Lennons face aggressively

4. Lennons reaction to Duffy way over the top

Referee sends off Morton player for tackle = correct decision

Referee sends off Hibs player for reaction and although head didn't connect there was intent as he clearly flicks his head forward = Correct decision

Referee sends Lennon and Duffy to stands = correct decision

To lay all blame at Lennons door is a joke

If you think I'm sticking up for Lennon cause hes an ex Celt then fair enough thats your opinion but the same can be thought of all those who are quick to call Lennon a thug etc just because hes an ex Celt - works both ways

Nup, blame can't ALL lie with Neil Lennon Tone....Duffy came over in a frenzy so he's as much to blame as Lennon. Unfortunate thing for the wee Irishman is that he has previous for very poor reactions and they haven't been forgotten. Probably the best thing for everyone else to have done would've been to stand back and let the pair of them get on with it and see how far they would have gone....Just my opinion mind..... ;)

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#7 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

Nup, blame can't ALL lie with Neil Lennon Tone....Duffy came over in a frenzy so he's as much to blame as Lennon. Unfortunate thing for the wee Irishman is that he has previous for very poor reactions and they haven't been forgotten. Probably the best thing for everyone else to have done would've been to stand back and let the pair of them get on with it and see how far they would have gone....Just my opinion mind..... ;)

Totally agree Dug but taking this incident in isolation his reaction IMO was understandable. Some things Lennon has done in his career both as a player and as a coach have been poor but to balance it out the guy has also had to put up with alot more than most (death threats to him and his family when he played for NI, Hearts fan trying to attack him etc) - BTW not excusing him but just can empathise slightly with the man.

Also where is Duffys after match press conference?? Did he do one? would be interesting to hear his side straight after when feelings were still high but no we just get Lennons

The fact he held one when he was obviously still upset was maybe the wrong choice

#8 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:42 AM

Aye duffy gave an interview and played down the incident as hand bags, move on ect he seemed calm and controlled during, Lennon was still raging,

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#9 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 17,605 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:58 AM

Handbegs

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#10 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

Edited by cas79, 30 March 2017 - 09:11 AM.

#11 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,864 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

You don't see the tackle in that clip.....

Tone...... wise uo, 2 replies and the victim card is out?.... ffs

Lennon shouldn't be on the pitch, he lied about that for a start, he said was in his own area....bullshit.

Saying that, agree with Norm..... Handbags, get over it and move on.
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#12 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,864 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

He's losing his accent.......
Posted Image

#13 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

You don't see the tackle in that clip.....

Tone...... wise uo, 2 replies and the victim card is out?.... ffs

Lennon shouldn't be on the pitch, he lied about that for a start, he said was in his own area....bullshit.

Saying that, agree with Norm..... Handbags, get over it and move on.

Where in my post did I say Lennon is a victim?? in fact I said sending him to the stands was the correct decision AND his reaction was way over the top

#14 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,273 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

Totally agree Dug but taking this incident in isolation his reaction IMO was understandable. Some things Lennon has done in his career both as a player and as a coach have been poor but to balance it out the guy has also had to put up with alot more than most (death threats to him and his family when he played for NI, Hearts fan trying to attack him etc) - BTW not excusing him but just can empathise slightly with the man.

Also where is Duffys after match press conference?? Did he do one? would be interesting to hear his side straight after when feelings were still high but no we just get Lennons

The fact he held one when he was obviously still upset was maybe the wrong choice

Aye, in isolation most would probably react like that....dizny help he's got red hair mind ye..... :P

I don't mind these kind of interviews Tone....let's the ordinary fan get an inside glimpse as to certain aspects of a gaffer's temperament.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,273 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

Handbegs

sounds awfuly posh Norn....

#16 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,864 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:31 AM

Where in my post did I say Lennon is a victim?? in fact I said sending him to the stands was the correct decision AND his reaction was way over the top

You didn't.....

But the victim card is being played..... all the comments are about Lennon....surprise surprise

That is an accusing statement,

He ain't above critics because he played for Celtic, he was the aggressive one (non playing)..... and deserves/expects comment surely?

He's fair game, no biggie.
Posted Image

#17 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

You didn't.....

But the victim card is being played..... all the comments are about Lennon....surprise surprise

That is an accusing statement,

He ain't above critics because he played for Celtic, he was the aggressive one (non playing)..... and deserves/expects comment surely?

He's fair game, no biggie.

The comments that were made WERE all about Lennon so just stating a fact not  accusing or playing anything

No manager is above criticism - we don't see Duffy so can't say what his reaction was but he looked pretty aggressive when HE approached Lennon

Listen I really don't want to be painted as being in Lennons corner because I'm seriously not - I actually think he's a complete and utter prick a lot of the time. My point was that the incident for what it was, there were more than him to blame and be looked at but no the focus is on him and that is wrong IMO as it takes away from what was a blatent example of a footballer getting a fellow footballer sent off by feigning getting headbutted.

#18 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

That's the incident

Attached Files

#19 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,609 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

That's the incident

Now I've seen the challenge - don't really see it was THAT bad - did the Morton player get a straight red for that???

#20 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

I'm not sure I didn't watch the game the challenge is quite heavy but the reaction from Lennon then Duffy is the main talking point for me Lennon shouldn't have reacted and Duffy (as you can see looks the aggressor) should have stayed in his own area i also think Lennon gets a bit of a bad time of these incidents but he doesn't make it easy for him self

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users