#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 65,699 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

3 goal win for the Rangers.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Robert

Robert

International

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

3 - 1 rangers.
Concordia Cum Veritate

#4 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,429 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

Keen to see how the players perform after the clear change in style under the new gaffers first game in charge, of course one game is difficult to tell especially against a team struggling at the bottom but there were positives from that game

I cant see Motherwell taking anything from this game unless they try and attack Rangers with a little more purpose than hit and hope with a long punt forward, they do have players who can hurt you but they have to be willing to venture into the Rangers half with a few players.

Fully expect a convincing performance and a positive result for Rangers............3-0

#5 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

0-1....Moult for Motherwell...ffs!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

According to the bears favourite broadcaster Rangers haven't been in the game first half.

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

3 of Rangers back four have been subbed at half time.

#8 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,770 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

3 of Rangers back four have been subbed at half time.

3 forwards on in their place?
Das it mane , Das it.

#9 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,770 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

3 forwards on in their place?

Or 2 and a mid?
Das it mane , Das it.

#10 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,391 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Or 2 and a mid?

Halliday, MOH and Garner

#11 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,391 posts

goal Rangers 1-1

#12 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,770 posts

Halliday, MOH and Garner

2 at the back now?
Das it mane , Das it.

#13 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

2 at the back now?

3 mate.

Garner scored the equaliser.

#14 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,391 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

2 at the back now?

dont know its a bit strange, I imagine Halliday has gone into defence but only Kiernan is the only defender on the park if you can call him that

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

back 3....Kiernan, Toral, Halliday.

#16 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

Finished 1-1. Nowhere near good enough. Looking forward to Cam's report.

#17 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,391 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

were any of the defenders injured that got subbed at HT?

#18 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:10 PM

were any of the defenders injured that got subbed at HT?

no reports of that.

#19 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,429 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

Just back from the game and what an interesting game that one was, I was fully expecting a Rangers victory but things didn't quite turn out how I had thought or hoped.

First half and to be honest we struggled to find ourselves in the game, I don't think it was because we were poor but Motherwell were just much better. They were big, aggressive and powerful and scored a sloppy one through bad marking and grew the rest of this half. Not too many chances created but I thought Motherwell were well worth their lead with Moult, McDonald and Pearson having the greatest impact for their team...........then comes the second half.

I couldn't believe it when I seen 3 players ready to come on, MoH, Garner and Halliday. I was in even more disbelief when I realised who was coming off for them, Hodson who was poor in the first half, Hill who was and has been our best defender and the captain Wallace. Straight away I thought it wasn't so clever.

What if a player is injured or what not...........anyway it was clear the message was gung ho and it left us with only 1 defender on the park. Yeah ok Kiernan who is allegedly a defender but you get my meaning. Yeah so it appeared Toral and Halliday would make up the other defenders but in truth it was mainly Kiernan left to fend for himself given the shocking pitch knowledge of guys who are clearly no where versatile enough to play in central defence.

Well that change really opened up the game and presented the best chances of the game to Motherwell, we of course pushed our entire team forward in a rather reckless fashion but in the grand scheme of things we had nothing to lose other than the match !!!

After managing to deservingly claw our way back into it the game was very very open..........well for Motherwell it was. They still defended very deep but found it easy striding forward with little defence to stop them. Big Wes in goal managed to pull off a number of rather superb saves and one in particular I thought was just out of this world.

On the balance of play I actually thought the steel men deserved all 3 points and if they had even a 1/4 of the gung ho attitude of Rangers then they really should have won this game. Think the Rangers gaffer will come in for a little stick given the rather big risk he took with the backline, ok yeah it could have worked out and the team had chances to get back in the game but we really were all over the place in this one and there didn't seem to be any real pattern to our play.

It was certainly an off day in the first half but big credit to Mwell as they were excellent in that half, second half was a crazy one given the changes made by the manager so I can forgive the slackness from the players in positioning on the park.

Oh almost forgot, not had a wee rant about them in a while because they have not been to bad recently but the ref had a effing shocker the day. First half 3 Motherwell players dive, nothing. Waggy takes a tumble looking for a pen, booked for diving.

Motherwell player kicks the ball away, nothing. MoH does the same in 2nd half, booked.

Also a number of meaty challenges and fouls committed but nothing given................could tell early on he was going to have one of those frustrating days for the home support and he did not disappoint, he really did have a shocker.

#20 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

Just back from the game and what an interesting game that one was, I was fully expecting a Rangers victory but things didn't quite turn out how I had thought or hoped.

First half and to be honest we struggled to find ourselves in the game, I don't think it was because we were poor but Motherwell were just much better. They were big, aggressive and powerful and scored a sloppy one through bad marking and grew the rest of this half. Not too many chances created but I thought Motherwell were well worth their lead with Moult, McDonald and Pearson having the greatest impact for their team...........then comes the second half.

I couldn't believe it when I seen 3 players ready to come on, MoH, Garner and Halliday. I was in even more disbelief when I realised who was coming off for them, Hodson who was poor in the first half, Hill who was and has been our best defender and the captain Wallace. Straight away I thought it wasn't so clever.

What if a player is injured or what not...........anyway it was clear the message was gung ho and it left us with only 1 defender on the park. Yeah ok Kiernan who is allegedly a defender but you get my meaning. Yeah so it appeared Toral and Halliday would make up the other defenders but in truth it was mainly Kiernan left to fend for himself given the shocking pitch knowledge of guys who are clearly no where versatile enough to play in central defence.

Well that change really opened up the game and presented the best chances of the game to Motherwell, we of course pushed our entire team forward in a rather reckless fashion but in the grand scheme of things we had nothing to lose other than the match !!!

After managing to deservingly claw our way back into it the game was very very open..........well for Motherwell it was. They still defended very deep but found it easy striding forward with little defence to stop them. Big Wes in goal managed to pull off a number of rather superb saves and one in particular I thought was just out of this world.

On the balance of play I actually thought the steel men deserved all 3 points and if they had even a 1/4 of the gung ho attitude of Rangers then they really should have won this game. Think the Rangers gaffer will come in for a little stick given the rather big risk he took with the backline, ok yeah it could have worked out and the team had chances to get back in the game but we really were all over the place in this one and there didn't seem to be any real pattern to our play.

It was certainly an off day in the first half but big credit to Mwell as they were excellent in that half, second half was a crazy one given the changes made by the manager so I can forgive the slackness from the players in positioning on the park.

Oh almost forgot, not had a wee rant about them in a while because they have not been to bad recently but the ref had a effing shocker the day. First half 3 Motherwell players dive, nothing. Waggy takes a tumble looking for a pen, booked for diving.

Motherwell player kicks the ball away, nothing. MoH does the same in 2nd half, booked.

Also a number of meaty challenges and fouls committed but nothing given................could tell early on he was going to have one of those frustrating days for the home support and he did not disappoint, he really did have a shocker.

excellent post Cam. Heard the Bull fighter being interviewed after the game & apparently both Wallace & Hodson 'just' made the start due to being unwell & Hill got an injury in the 1st half.

PS...did I miss it or no mention of Gers goal?

Edited by black dog, 01 April 2017 - 05:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users