Billy Gilmour........

162 replies to this topic

#21 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

RANGERS can confirm that agreement has been reached for our under-16 player Billy Gilmour to join Chelsea in the summer.

The club’s preference would have been for Billy to stay at Rangers but when he made clear his desire to move to the Premier League it was important that we maximised the commercial value for him. We believe we have done this.

The agreement will provide Rangers with a significant sum for a young player who has yet to play first-team football, and further significant amounts could be due based on milestones being reached. We are pleased with this outcome and believe this deal represents good value for Rangers.

That he was sought after by many Premiership clubs, and indeed a number of the largest clubs in Europe, further demonstrates the quality of player now being produced by the Academy. Everyone at Rangers wishes Billy well for his future.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#22 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,720 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:53 PM

Good luck to him. Selfishly on my part wish he had stayed but would have been crazy to turn down a chance at a top club who have a wonderful academy

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#23 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Forgive my ignorance but never heard of the lad. 

That said, moving to Chelsea is a crazy move. 

What happened to that hot prospect from Celtic who went there? Disappeared soon after. Can't mind the boys name

Screenshot%207_zpsld33ztyd.png

#24 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,721 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

What happened to that hot prospect from Celtic who went there? Disappeared soon after. Can't mind the boys name

Feruz
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#25 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,953 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

Silly wee bassa in my opinion.....
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#26 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:31 PM

Feruz

The very one, cheers mate. Is he still in the game? 

#27 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,721 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

The very one, cheers mate. Is he still in the game?

Last i heard he is on loan at swindon mate

#28 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,721 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

Gilmour coulda broke into first team , played a few seasons then left , silly imo but thats £ for ya

#29 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,720 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

Gilmour coulda broke into first team , played a few seasons then left , silly imo but thats £ for ya

It's nothing to do with money. Chelsea are restricted in what they can pay him and it's a helluva lot less than what Rangers offered the lad. Only in the last week we have seen Liverpool and City , among others , fined and severe sanctions put in place for breaking these rules.

There is not one player I can think of outside of Charlie Adam who has come through Rangers and gone on to play for a top English club.

Moving to Chelsea is a fantastic opportunity for the lad.

Btw he was nowhere near first team football. The lad is 15!!! Not big enough , strong enough. Huge difference in being invited to train with first team and actually being considered

There is absolutely no downside in Chelsea

#30 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,721 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:01 PM

It's nothing to do with money. Chelsea are restricted in what they can pay him and it's a helluva lot less than what Rangers offered the lad. Only in the last week we have seen Liverpool and City , among others , fined and severe sanctions put in place for breaking these rules.

There is not one player I can think of outside of Charlie Adam who has come through Rangers and gone on to play for a top English club.

Btw he was nowhere near first team football. The lad is 15!!! Not big enough , strong enough. Huge difference in being invited to train with first team and actually being considered

If its not aboot £ and hes a gers man why leave then?

I dont mean 1st team right now , obvs in a few years

#31 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,721 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:02 PM

Good luck to him. Selfishly on my part wish he had stayed but would have been crazy to turn down a chance at a top club who have a wonderful academy

What about rangers state of art academy MP?

#32 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,345 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

Feruz is a perfect example of all that is wrong with the disparity that exists within our game.
A young lad with the world at his feet, sees the £££ signs and moves. He had a recent loan move and spent a time at Hibs last season having only played i think 1 time for them.......that shows how poor he must now be if he struggled to get a game in the 2nd tier of Scotland.

Of course the same outcome could have happened had he stayed at Celtic but I think he would now have made that move to the EPL being an established and developed player........despite what some people may think I dont have an issue with Scots based players doing that but moving when he did is an example of the situation I bang on about.

Young Gilmour is now faced with the same challenge, Trav says he will not get as much money playing for them as he would at Rangers but I beg to differ. Reports have come out of guys at 16+ in the same boat as him getting in excess of 5 grand a week. His family have also had their houses and cars bought as part of the wbole deal. No risk at all for Chelsea given the huge money from Abramovich and Sky.
I just think he has made the wrong choice and if you look at it statistically he has a very small chance to actually make it.
He may develop well over the next 2 years at their academy but it will come to a stuttering halt when he has reached his adult physique.

Good luck to him and at the end of the day we have made half a million for a lad who has never even played a first team match and who will likely never play a Chelsea first team match.....football gone daft. Could be another good scottish talent lost to bad choices.

#33 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,345 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

If its not aboot £ and hes a gers man why leave then?
I dont mean 1st team right now , obvs in a few years

He aint no Gers man Hoopz, he was in the Celtic end for the first 5-1 pumping this season.......something, even at his age, I thought was a poor decision given who he plays for and all his team mates.

#34 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,345 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:17 PM

What about rangers state of art academy MP?

Dont think the academy at Rangers is all that great Hoopz, facilties are great but thats about it. Think the Celtic model is far better in terms of quality, the youth set up I mean.

#35 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

He aint no Gers man Hoopz, he was in the Celtic end for the first 5-1 pumping this season.......something, even at his age, I thought was a poor decision given who he plays for and all his team mates.

I know another lad who does the same but he doesn't advertise it

#36 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,721 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Really? I stand corrected then

We shoulda went fir him :lol:

#37 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,721 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

Dont think the academy at Rangers is all that great Hoopz, facilties are great but thats about it. Think the Celtic model is far better in terms of quality, the youth set up I mean.

If he has the quality though then he will make it regardlesd imo

#38 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 07:40 PM

erm being lost to the game?

#39 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,720 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:53 PM

That has been proven to be a lie. I also thought he and his old man were celtic fans but again this is not true. Family of Rangers supporters.

#40 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,720 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

We shoulda went fir him :lol:

You did and he said No Thanks 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users