Rodgers

27 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 11,391 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

Brendan Rodgers signs a four year deal. Good news that.. Think he wants 10 in row lol.

#2 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,774 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

Just seen that , superb news
Das it mane , Das it.

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

Brendan Rodgers signs a four year deal. Good news that.. Think he wants 10 in row lol.

Thought it was about yon cowboy....Roy was his name was it no ?

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Just seen that , superb news

he said at the weekend that he's very happy where he is.....showing that he means it.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,391 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

Thought it was about yon cowboy....Roy was his name was it no ?

Haha trust you.

#6 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,774 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:11 PM

Maybe after that news charlie will be able to keep a roast doon ? :)
Das it mane , Das it.

#7 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,391 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

Fuck that. Signing Messi wouldn't even dae that.

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

think we should sneak into his hoose late one Saturday night, abduct him, tie him up the force feed him with every goody imaginable.....

#9 Elchappy

Elchappy

no toys out the pram here

• 6,091 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

Unheard of these days to give this length of contract. Brilliant piece if business by Celtic. Doesnt mean he wont get tempted or wont get sacked but gives him the chance to really leave a legacy.

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

Unheard of these days to give this length of contract. Brilliant piece if business by Celtic. Doesnt mean he wont get tempted or wont get sacked but gives him the chance to really leave a legacy.

Is this an 'extra' four years or an extension to his original one ? That's how I viewed it. Not surprised as he did indicate he was very happy at Celtic.

#11 Elchappy

Elchappy

no toys out the pram here

• 6,091 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:30 AM

Is this an 'extra' four years or an extension to his original one ? That's how I viewed it. Not surprised as he did indicate he was very happy at Celtic.

I take it the original 1 year rolling one has been replaced by a new 4 year fixed term deal so security for all

#12 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,391 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

Massive for Celtic, he's doing a great job.

#13 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,429 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

Massive for Celtic, he's doing a great job.

This the conversation I was having with my big m8 today who is a big Celtic fan runs a bus and even does a wee radio show.

How can we tell if he is doing a great job, sure ok this season has been quite unusual in the exceptional manner it has been won. Far better Celtic teams have struggled to match the level of consistency but is that down to Rogers or the obvious dip in quality of the rest of the teams.

Im not trying to be dismissive of his time here at the club, I dont believe winning the league is any sort of great achievement in this current climate for Celtic although the manner in which it has been done is.

The fact is though no other team has had a free run at a league as Celtic are being afforded right now.
The standard and quality of player the rest have access to is lower than it has ever been and lets face it. Who is going to win the league next year and the year after etc unless serious money is injected into Rangers.
This alone tells you the challenge facing Celtics march towards titles.......quite simply there is none.
Sure that is not the problem or fault of Celtic but it does not change the obvious situation facing our game.
No other club has had it so easy so I think it is rather difficult to gauge how Rogers is doing......he has done a lot of good for the club, of that there is no doubt but he is fully expected to win the league for the forseable future and I cant recall a team ever being in such a position where we know ( not think, know ) who is going to win.

#14 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

This the conversation I was having with my big m8 today who is a big Celtic fan runs a bus and even does a wee radio show.

How can we tell if he is doing a great job, sure ok this season has been quite unusual in the exceptional manner it has been won. Far better Celtic teams have struggled to match the level of consistency but is that down to Rogers or the obvious dip in quality of the rest of the teams.

Im not trying to be dismissive of his time here at the club, I dont believe winning the league is any sort of great achievement in this current climate for Celtic although the manner in which it has been done is.

The fact is though no other team has had a free run at a league as Celtic are being afforded right now.
The standard and quality of player the rest have access to is lower than it has ever been and lets face it. Who is going to win the league next year and the year after etc unless serious money is injected into Rangers.
This alone tells you the challenge facing Celtics march towards titles.......quite simply there is none.
Sure that is not the problem or fault of Celtic but it does not change the obvious situation facing our game.
No other club has had it so easy so I think it is rather difficult to gauge how Rogers is doing......he has done a lot of good for the club, of that there is no doubt but he is fully expected to win the league for the forseable future and I cant recall a team ever being in such a position where we know ( not think, know ) who is going to win.

So how does one define his time at/management of Celtic Cam....what he does cannot be left in limbo...'because the rest of the teams are crap'. He & the team can only play against what is put in front of him/them. Whatever he does for the club cannot in any way or manner be dismissed because of the lack of quality they face. Europe? Another matter. 

Edited by black dog, 08 April 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#15 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,391 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

I would suggest the 2 signings he made, Sinclair and Dembele have shown that they were great picks by the manager. He has also brought forward Callum  McGregor, Armstrong and Tierney into real stars. He has also completely sorted out the defensive frailties they had under Ronny, Boyata being the one that has really improved (Ronnie played Efe 31 times last season.

#16 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,429 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

For me Dug that is a difficult one to answer due to the unique situation the game in this country currently finds itself although you can look at different aspects such as Gaffa has pointed out, bringing out the best in the other players.

There is no doubt he has made a difference to the whole ethos of Celtic, perhaps if he mirrors what he has done this season........by that I mean go on the sort of run you only see once in a blue moon then I could say "cant wait till he pisses of somewhere else" and that is the biggest compliment I think you can say about an opposition player or manager.

And btw as I said in my comment just because I don't think its a great achievement winning the league under current conditions it doesn't mean I'm dismissing it..........I'm merely pointing out the situation at hand, Celtic have no competition. That is unarguable Dug. 

#17 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,774 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:21 PM

"
How can we tell if he is doing a great job"

Cos hes won the league unbeaten , won the cup and in the semi of another , all with the team delia had bar 3/4 players and hes got us playing good football , massive difference from last year
Das it mane , Das it.

#18 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,429 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:24 PM

Aye but he is hardly Pat Fenlon Hoopz cmon ffs

#19 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,774 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

Aye but he is hardly Pat Fenlon Hoopz cmon ffs

:lol:
Das it mane , Das it.

#20 sployal

sployal

International

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

The ex Liverpool failure has benefited from an extremely weak all round Scottish game.

If Rangers can get back to challenging and winning the league in the next season or 2 i can't see your man hanging around.

Only thing is, after Celtic, he cannot aspire to a higher level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users