• 32,214 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

Cause of Causes @ 16/1
Highland Lodge @ 28/1
Last Saturday @ 20/1
Good to know @ 66/1

Spoilt myself...... once a year....
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 69,391 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

Cause of Causes @ 16/1
Highland Lodge @ 28/1
Last Saturday @ 20/1
Good to know @ 66/1

Spoilt myself...... once a year....

Haven't touched it....wife has £2.50 e/w on One for Arthur & Definitly Red.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

off....false start....ffs. Does this race ever start on time?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

Fuck my old boots....the wife's doing a jig in the livingroom.....just under £49 to get back................I've been promised a bottle of wine...... :lol:

#5 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

Fuck my old boots....the wife's doing a jig in the livingroom.....just under £49 to get back................I've been promised a bottle of wine...... :lol:

what am I getting?

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

what am I getting?

if you're ever through at Laddies here I'll buy ye a chippy..... ;)

#7 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:26 PM

Was One For Arthur one we wanted to see win the National?

Scottish trained One For Arthur romped home in Saturday's big race at Aintree, and while from a bookies perspective it was great to see popular choice Definitly Red take a tumble, Head of Racing James Knight let us in on how the result was received on the Trading floor.

“The National totally eclipsed everything else in terms of importance and we'd call the week at Aintree a 'score draw' really," James said. "The National result was one of the better ones for punters in the shops, although we ended up roughly where we wanted to be in retail. Online it was more expensive as we had to pay the fifth place on Gas Line Boy, who proved to be a popular outsider.

“One group of customers who were really celebrating were our Scottish shop customers, who supported their local horse and Scotland was by far the worst performing region for Ladbrokes Coral Group.

“The rest of Aintree went our way with favourites like Top Notch, Cue Card and On The Fringe beaten on Thursday and a shock handicap winner of the Topham, Ultragold, helping margin on Friday.”

#8 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,970 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:34 PM

A number of people advocating that the Grand National be discontinued. A petition has been raised.

Thoughts?

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#9 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,298 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

A number of people advocating that the Grand National be discontinued. A petition has been raised.

Thoughts?

No way Hairy,

I would even go as far to say that 40 fences and a shade over 4 miles is a tad too little.

Bring back the real National suffragettes and all. Don't give in to the minority dribble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users