#2 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 29,793 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:42 PM

All very sad.......
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#3 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 16,860 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:01 PM

Those involved in covering up the abuse are just as bad, if not worse, than the perpetrators.

I'd hang the whole fucking lot of them.

Capture

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,771 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:35 PM

Apart from the abuse which is abhorrent.....two things I found extremely strange were the fact that Torbett was allowed to return to the boys club and that Jock Stein presented him with an award 3 years after having him removed from the position.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

Apart from the abuse which is abhorrent.....two things I found extremely strange were the fact that Torbett was allowed to return to the boys club and that Jock Stein presented him with an award 3 years after having him removed from the position.

Tommy Burns was instrumental in having him brought back. Burns was also very friendly with the other character that managed to avoid prosecution. Frank Cairney i believe his name.

Anyway See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Talk No Evil  :rolleyes:

Would it be fair to punish Celtic? After all they are now a new company and the person who formed the new company was the whistle blower who outed the Paedo and those that protected them. It was the founder of the new company that forced the late Tommy Burns into an embarrassing retraction after he tried to defend the perpetrators during the ongoing court case. Well Done wee Fergus. 

Celtic have built statues and put up plaques around their stadium to honour the very people who protected the child abusers. They have built up Stein into something almost Saintly. Where do they go from here? See No Evil,Hear No Evil,Speak No Evil!! How can we ever take their support seriously again when they try and criticise others when they wont criticise their own club?

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#6 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,435 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

Anyone involved should be held accountable no matter who they are, what team they represented at the time or whatever. Hope every single last one of them are outed and brought to some sort of justice

#7 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 29,793 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

Never seen it......

To be clear, Did Celtic FC know this was going on and covered it up?

Did Jock Stein know and cover it up?
Posted Image

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,771 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

Never seen it......

To be clear, Did Celtic FC know this was going on and covered it up?

Did Jock Stein know and cover it up?

A c & p from the link I've included...

The show also alleged that Torbett’s departure from Celtic Boys Club was described in club magazine The Celtic View as a business decision – amounting to a “massive cover-up.”

The programme also features a photograph of Stein, the Boys’ Club honorary president, presenting an award to Torbett for services to the club three years after kicking him out.

The documentary claimed directors at Celtic would have known that Torbett had been accused of abuse prior to having him back at Celtic Boys’ Club in 1980, where he stayed until 1996.

http://www.dailyreco...edator-10198909

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#9 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 29,793 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

A c & p from the link I've included...

The show also alleged that Torbett’s departure from Celtic Boys Club was described in club magazine The Celtic View as a business decision – amounting to a “massive cover-up.”
The programme also features a photograph of Stein, the Boys’ Club honorary president, presenting an award to Torbett for services to the club three years after kicking him out.
The documentary claimed directors at Celtic would have known that Torbett had been accused of abuse prior to having him back at Celtic Boys’ Club in 1980, where he stayed until 1996.
http://www.dailyreco...edator-10198909

That's unbelievable,

Have Celtic responded to this.....?
Posted Image

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,771 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

That's unbelievable,

haven't seen anything but that isn't to say they have not.

#11 Elchappy

Elchappy

no toys out the pram here

• 6,105 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

From the posts so far this is not about the poor wee boys' whose lives have been wrecked by a paedo and the cover up of this assuming others in senior positions knew. No this is about having a rare opportunity to kick Celtic Football Club today. Pile in - you won't get me defending any of what went on. There are lives ruined here and yet no one person has given a feck about the victims.

Trav you go above the call of duty of every bluenose who takes their views from FF and Twitter - to even insinuate that Tommy Burns was in amongst this is pathetic even by your standards.

If Celtic are going to respond it needs to be open and along the lines of other organisations that are being investigated under the child abuse scandal. Remorseful and do everything they can to assist in the investigations. 

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

That's unbelievable,

It is not unbelievable at all. It has been well known about for decades yet NOBODY has done anything about it as every time it is mentioned the Celtic supporters either hide until it all blows over Or they shout bigot or 'you're point scoring using child abuse'. It absolutely sickens me. Nobody is using the child abuse to point score as it could and did happen at other clubs. What is different here is the cover up involving Celtic Football Club, The Scottish footballing authorities and worst of all the Scottish media. 

If it is mentioned on a Football Forum the person who raises the subject is shouted down or banned. 

Sean Fallon said in an interview with The Scottish Sun said in a direct quote 'As soon as Jock knew about it he booted him out the club' a straight admission from someone close to Stein that they knew. The Celtic support bombarded the Scottish Sun and amazingly they actually edited the direct quote from their online pages.

In court Celtic legends such as Billy McNeill called it the 'open secret'.

John McCluskey , one of the victims and brother to George and Pat, said that 'At least Stein did something when he found out about it'

It is a scandal that should have been openly discussed from the very start. We are only scratching at the surface here as there are many rumours there were others.involved including that rat Frank Cairney

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#13 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

Trav you go above the call of duty of every bluenose who takes their views from FF and Twitter - to even insinuate that Tommy Burns was in amongst this is pathetic even by your standards.

Here you go LB. Shout down , Deflect, Deny etc etc etc...

To a host of football superstars, Frank Cairney is the father figure who made their dreams come true. 

They would have walked through fire for the larger-than-life Celtic Boys’ Club boss, who guided them on the road to stardom. 

But Cairney hid the darkest of secrets. And to the boys he abused, he’s a pervert who turned their youthful dreams into nightmares. 

Since the Record’s revelations about Cairney, many victims - now grown men - have phoned us in tears. 

Some talked openly for the first time about abuse that happened more than 20 years ago. And some have had the courage to go to the police. 

Yet some of Celtic’s biggest names give Cairney unswerving support. 

When Tommy Burns was appointed manager in 1994, Frank Cairney was first to congratulate him. 

Burns describes the 56-year-old as “a fantastic help and a true friend”. 

When Cairney was unmasked by the Record earlier this week, Burns rushed to his side. Sitting in his pal’s living room, he stormed: “He has the whole of my backing.” 

But the calls from boys who claimed Cairney terrorised them were still flooding in to the Daily Record. 
Hours after our story appeared, former boys’ club player John Taylor told how Cairney tried to force him into sex acts in hotel rooms. 

Another ex-starlet told how Cairney touched his groin as he sat in the front seat of his car. 

The lad told him to “f*** off” and Cairney thumped him in the chest. 

He added: “Another time, on a tour to America, he punched me on the chest and the arm. He really bullied the boys. We were all scared of him.” 

A third victim said: “Frank Cairney abused me over two and a half years. It screwed up my whole life. 

"He used to get me after I took a shower at training. I was too scared to do anything about it, and I have never spoken about this until now." 

Big Frank - he is well over six feet tall and built in proportion - was dumped as Celtic Boys’ Club General Manager in 1991. 

It came after an alleged incident involving a young player on an American tour. 

Months after his 21-year link with Celtic was severed, a group of past and current Celtic stars organised a tribute evening at a Glasgow church hall. 

One man who was there, but asked not to be named, said: “It was like This is Your Life. 

"There is no doubt that a lot of very famous Celtic players hold Frank Cairney in the highest regard." 

Former boys’ club player Neil Watt, 34, who went on to play for Stirling Albion, was fulsome in his praise of Cairney. He said: “I can’t speak highly enough about the guy. 

"He instilled discipline in the boys that has remained with us." 

On Wednesday of this week, Tommy Burns again sprang to Cairney’s defence, saying: ” I’m sure he will have the backing of several members of the first team who played for him at under-16 level. 

"He has trained some of the great names of Celtic, including Roy Aitken, Paul McStay, George McCluskey, Alan Brazil, Pat Nevin, Peter Grant, Andy Ritchie and myself.” 

Ex-boss Lou Macari recalled the fierce loyalty Cairney inspired. 

He said: “The first team squad and I were asked along to present trophies at the annual boys’ club prizegiving. 

"I arrived and there was no sign of any of the players. 

"I started phoning round, and they all told me there was no way they would be attending because big Frank had been forced out of the club. 

"I was left to hand over every trophy and medal myself. 

If Celtic are going to respond it needs to be open and along the lines of other organisations that are being investigated under the child abuse scandal. Remorseful and do everything they can to assist in the investigations. 

#14 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,771 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

From the posts so far this is not about the poor wee boys' whose lives have been wrecked by a paedo and the cover up of this assuming others in senior positions knew. No this is about having a rare opportunity to kick Celtic Football Club today. Pile in - you won't get me defending any of what went on. There are lives ruined here and yet no one person has given a feck about the victims.

Absolutely not Chappy.

#15 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:40 PM

and here is the bit where Fergus slaps him down in direct quotes ...

Last week, as the story developed from allegations against Torbett - who was suspended from the boys' club six days ago - to claims
that Cairney fondled boys as they sat in the front seat of his car, many men with long associations with the club began to grow uneasy.
Former players backed Big Frank whom they knew as a "father figure" and Burns rushed out to Cairney's terraced home in Viewpark,
Lanarkshire, after receiving a call from the man he considers a close friend. Leaving his house the manager was reported to have said:
"He [Cairney] has the whole of my backing and that of Celtic Football Club to a man."

The following morning Burns must have been wishing he had bitten his tongue. Incandescent at his manager's assumption that the club
would back Cairney, McCann issued a statement. "While I sympathise with Tommy Burns' personal position as a friend of Mr Cairney,
the club cannot condone or defend or take sides in a matter which involves a criminal complaint," he said.

#16 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

Absolutely not Chappy.

You have been on Football Forums long enough Dug to know this is the Celtic way and exactly why it has gone unreported for so long!!

I only take a passing interest in their affairs and i know more about it than they claim to know

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,771 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

There are lives ruined here and yet no one person has given a feck about the victims.

A post I made 2 days ago....

#18 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

I should add. Absolutely fucking pathetic but i expected no less

#19 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 29,793 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Totally agree with the end of your post Chaps..... well said.

Think the start is out of line, lets not make Celtic the victims here, it should be about the lads who were abused and their families.
Posted Image

#20 zander

zander

Hall Of Fame

• 1,741 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

Are you suggesting that Celtic should be absolved of criticism here? Celtic, Hibs and Thistle put their Clubs reputations first instead of calling the Police. They don't just deserve to be criticised they should be punished.

I've said before on here if Rangers have ever done anything like this then my opinion wouldn't change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users