Ouch it's all coming out and it could hurt

46 replies to this topic

#21 Elchappy

Elchappy

no toys out the pram here

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

Totally agree with the end of your post Chaps..... well said.

Think the start is out of line, lets not make Celtic the victims here, it should be about the lads who were abused and their families.

that is 100% my point LB. This is seen as an opportunity to point score or kick Celtic - seriously would the posters on here have posted re other organisations? In amongst this the victims have been forgotten and this is wrong.

I am a Trustee of a charity over here and they have had to provide lots of evidence to the Inquiry. Thankfully their record keeping is very good - as a Board we took the view immediately we wanted to get to the truth - historical it may be but some of the victims are living and have scars from it. The whole attitude we took was to provide evidence to substantiate or otherwise that victims accusations could be corroborated through records. There never was any discussion about deflection, or denial or what the negative PR would do.

It wasn't on our watch so we couldn't have done anything. What we can do is fully support the victims and assist in getting to the truth that lessons for the future can be learned.

#22 Elchappy

Elchappy

• 6,105 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Are you suggesting that Celtic should be absolved of criticism here? Celtic, Hibs and Thistle put their Clubs reputations first instead of calling the Police. They don't just deserve to be criticised they should be punished.

I've said before on here if Rangers have ever done anything like this then my opinion wouldn't change.

How the feck can you interpret that from what I have written? Seriously it is the absolute opposite

#23 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,771 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:35 PM

that is 100% my point LB. This is seen as an opportunity to point score or kick Celtic - seriously would the posters on here have posted re other organisations? In amongst this the victims have been forgotten and this is wrong.

I am a Trustee of a charity over here and they have had to provide lots of evidence to the Inquiry. Thankfully their record keeping is very good - as a Board we took the view immediately we wanted to get to the truth - historical it may be but some of the victims are living and have scars from it. The whole attitude we took was to provide evidence to substantiate or otherwise that victims accusations could be corroborated through records. There never was any discussion about deflection, or denial or what the negative PR would do.

It wasn't on our watch so we couldn't have done anything. What we can do is fully support the victims and assist in getting to the truth that lessons for the future can be learned.

Twice you've said that Chaps & twice you are wrong mate! Are you seriously intimating that whilst it is reported in the msm it shouldn't be talked about on here?

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#24 zander

zander

Hall Of Fame

• 1,741 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

How the feck can you interpret that from what I have written? Seriously it is the absolute opposite

I've been on it since last night Chappy i misread the first paragraph, i apologize.

#25 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

I don't care either way Hoopz. IF Rangers as a club knowingly covered it up i want them and the individuals involved punished to the full extent of the law. I want the individuals named and shamed in the media. 

I think i have been pretty consistent since this thread opened that i do not care what team or what individuals are involved i want them shamed for their behaviour. 

That all said, and i am only going on the small amount of information i have seen in the press,  I do not think there was any child abuse involving any one at Ibrox. Pretty sure the individual involved made an inappropriate remark to a child of a policeman and he was immediately reported and dealt with. Hopefully now that people are having the courage we will get to the bottom of it and there should be no hiding place for anyone.

I don't think i can be much clearer than this. It is not a club thing and should not be. All supporters of Scottish Football should want the same.

My post from the other thread. It would help if they could be merged.

Any person, Any group of people, any club who are found to have covered up / protected these beasts should be punished to the full extent of the law and then after that i would hope the footballing authorities would  punish these individuals , groups of people and clubs with appropriate sanctions.

I cannot be any clearer that this is not now or never should be an issue to single out a club. Obviously Celtic are going to talked about here as they are the only team who we know covered this up. This could all change in the near future regarding this Neely character. I know my position will not alter. Full punishment. Absolutely no hiding place for anyone or club

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#26 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,771 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

I've been on it since last night Chappy i misread the first paragraph, i apologize.

fucking lush..... :P

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#27 Elchappy

Elchappy

• 6,105 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:01 PM

No probs Zander. I'll be the same tomorrow ;-)

#28 Elchappy

Elchappy

• 6,105 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

Twice you've said that Chaps & twice you are wrong mate! Are you seriously intimating that whilst it is reported in the msm it shouldn't be talked about on here?

not at all Dug as a football club involved. I think we are all saying the same thing - I don't want the victims to be forgotten in the rush to have a kick at Celtic (and deserved if true)

Edited by Elchappy, 13 April 2017 - 05:05 PM.

#29 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,435 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

@ Chappy, I think that is all anyone is thinking about here when speaking about who is involved.....the poor children at the centre of it.
By highlighting and discussing who and what organisations were involved then that helps getting the victims justice and clubs/coaches or organisations coming under the spotlight and helping it to stop.

If club A have been known to cover it up there may well still be a problem going on or other cases to light.
For me it doesnt matter which club is involved, if anyone is part of the whole sorry mess then it should be highlighted imo.
For me that is all about the victims.

#30 sployal

sployal

International

• Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Posted this yesterday on a thread from Hairy dating back to last year.

Was a response to a post from Trav, Would be good to get these 2 threads related.

Anyway, i think we are all along the same lines, that is to say treating and helping the victims is as important as bringing the perpetrators to justice.    

Couldn't watch the show but read the article which in itself is pretty grim.

Get after them i say, no mercy no matter how old they now are.

Wherever their are kids, this type of abuse is rife, sadly it all comes out years afterwards.

It seems to be extremely rare when a child has the courage to go home and tell their parents he or she have been abused by an adult they admire, look up to and respect.

This is not about some sick maniac grabbing some random kid on their way to school, this is grooming of a child in an environment of trust and hope of achieving his or hers goal in life.

#31 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 16,860 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

not at all Dug as a football club involved. I think we are all saying the same thing - I don't want the victims to be forgotten in the rush to have a kick at Celtic (and deserved if true)

Since Celtic FC is now under different ownership it would be wrong to hold it responsible for the sins of previous owners, previous board members, and previous administrative staff.

During the reign of  the Grant, Kelly and White dynasties there were a number of cover ups, but apparently that all changed when Fergus McCann took over.

The current owners and board members should make it clear that they condemn what went on during that reign.

Capture

#32 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

It is not about kicking anybody regardless of who they are. It is about justice for the victims and punishment for those involved. You dived right in there defending Tommy Burns when it had been well documented that he had defended Cairney and had been there when Torbett came back. I said right from the off anybody that was involved at any club should be named and shamed. 

I actually have a lot of sympathy for Celtic supporters here, well the ones who do not defend the indefensible, as they are having to come to terms with the sad truth that some people who they have idolised for decades shamed the club by their actions/inaction. I am sure there is much more to come out in the next few days / weeks. I am up north at our caravan but i caught a wee bit of the news and heard another coach at Celtic Boys Club had been charged. Not sure if that is connected to this or if it is fresh claims.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#33 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 16,860 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

17884555_1506929382699522_51869068980592

Capture

#34 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

The current owners and board members should make it clear that they condemn what went on during that reign.

They issued a statement claiming the Boys Club is a separate organisation and not directly linked to the club. This is the tired old excuse that has been trotted out in the past. 

#35 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

Trav you go above the call of duty of every bluenose who takes their views from FF and Twitter - to even insinuate that Tommy Burns was in amongst this is pathetic even by your standards.

Do you want to rethink this after reading the direct quotes from Burns and Fergus McCann? 

#36 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 16,860 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:22 AM

They issued a statement claiming the Boys Club is a separate organisation and not directly linked to the club. This is the tired old excuse that has been trotted out in the past. 

It would seem then that the Grant, Kelly, White mindset lives on. But perhaps that's no surprise.

Capture

#37 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,049 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

It would seem then that the Grant, Kelly, White mindset lives on. But perhaps that's no surprise.

If i remember correctly Fergus booted them all out of the club with the exception of Jack McGinn. The story at the time was he kept him on as McGinn was next in line for a top position within the SFA. The rumours were the men could hardly look at each other never mind speak to each other. Now i think most with even a passing interest in Scottish football knew there was a cover up but i was shocked to see Kelly and McGinn were made partners in Torbetts business!

It has to be the worst kept secret in Scottish football yet it has taken decades for this story to come out and i am sure there is much more to come out. 

#38 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 16,860 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:04 AM

If i remember correctly Fergus booted them all out of the club with the exception of Jack McGinn. The story at the time was he kept him on as McGinn was next in line for a top position within the SFA. The rumours were the men could hardly look at each other never mind speak to each other. Now i think most with even a passing interest in Scottish football knew there was a cover up but i was shocked to see Kelly and McGinn were made partners in Torbetts business!

It has to be the worst kept secret in Scottish football yet it has taken decades for this story to come out and i am sure there is much more to come out. 

"If you know the history, It's enough to make your heart go.................................."

Capture

#39 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 16,681 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

I wonder what Alan Brazil made of that Dug,absolutely mindboggling he was invited back as it seems the people at the top,including Stein knew what a vile cunt he was

https://www.thesun.c...s-celtic-dream/

Apart from the abuse which is abhorrent.....two things I found extremely strange were the fact that Torbett was allowed to return to the boys club and that Jock Stein presented him with an award 3 years after having him removed from the position.

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#40 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,771 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

I wonder what Alan Brazil made of that Dug,absolutely mindboggling he was invited back as it seems the people at the top,including Stein knew what a vile cunt he was

https://www.thesun.c...s-celtic-dream/

absolutely sickening mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users