4-0 <1%
4-1 <1%

#2 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,344 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

Unfortunately I can't make the game. I hate missing home games.

#3 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

Difficult game against an in form Thistle team. They gave us a very difficult game earlier in the season when we required a late Dodoo double to beat them. 

Difficult to change a winning team but after the game against Aberdeen i would replace Waghorn with either McKay or give Dodoo his chance. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#4 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,822 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

Every game against Thistle this season I feel we have failed to dominate them, infact they have been very impressive and other than Celtic they are the team who has by far played the better footbal in games against us......think we have been very lucky to beat them on both occasions.

I think this will be another difficult fixture especially with the impressive football they play and the season they are having.
Most games they have lost by 1 goal, onky lost by 2 goals on 2 or 3 occasions and by more than 2 once against Celtic so tbis shows just how well they have done. I cant emphasise enough how impressed I was particularly the first game at Ibrox where we never had a look in but stole the 3 points.....will take that again on Saturday.

I would go with..

Wes
Tav, Wilson, Hill, Beerman
Hyndman, Holt, Windass, Mckay
Waggy, Dodoo

Give Miller a wee rest before the Celtic game.

#5 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,822 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

Oh and 2-0 Rangers.

#6 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,751 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

What is the problem with Windass? He looked the best of the signings but has never really had a look in since returning from injury. If he is 100% fit then he certainly deserves a chance to prove himself before the inevitable summer clear out ( if we can shift any of them).

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#7 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,822 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

What is the problem with Windass? He looked the best of the signings but has never really had a look in since returning from injury. If he is 100% fit then he certainly deserves a chance to prove himself before the inevitable summer clear out ( if we can shift any of them).

Also been impressed with him but his biggest problem is he seems to be made of glass. Steering clear of injury has curtailed any sustained run in the team. Good player so i hope we see more of him next season or even from now till the season ends.

Young Hyndman is also a good player but last 3 or 4 games he has been very poor and as good or bad as a man down.
Be intetesting to see if he makes the team today because recently he has not earned it.

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,264 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Kenny Miller makes it 1-0.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,264 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

2-0....Toral.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,264 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

good (if quick & obviously in part) interview on Clyde SSB with Caixinha. Although he's pleased with no goals conceded last three he is aware that further improvement is required and he wants this! Wouldn't commit to whether Bates and Beerman will play against Celtic next weekend.

#11 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,822 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

Just back and that first half was a difficult one, neither team able to dominate the half but we just edged it I thought.
Thistle are well organised and moved that ball well, Aussie lad with long hair in the middle is an absolute standout for them again but they lacked dangerous penetration in that final third.

Wee Mckay was on the end of a lot of the boo boys and it annoyed me somewhat, you could see this pressure forcing him into wee mistakes was down to our support.....or more so lack of it.

Second half and wee Mckay was hooked foe Dodoo and this change really made the difference. The jags were good in the first half but struggled to get their midfield and forward players into the game.
Rangers on the other hand were menacing on the front foot and the second goal was a real beauty with some nice interplay between Toral and Hyndman.
Wee Beerman on the left looks a real talent and seems like he has been there for years.
Bates was still a little nervy for me and that is a worry but he done ok I guess.
Holt was MoM for me though and the new position of holding midfielder seems to suit him better. Both he and Toral play similar roles with Toral a little deeper and Holts energy was all over the pitch.

The new dynamic in midfield is much better and provides far more protection to the defence.

Thought the ref was ok today although if you are a Jags fan you may be a little annoyed as we seemed to get a few decisions that I thought should have went the other way......the 2nd goal came from a throw in I was sure was Thistles but he awarded it to us and we scored straight from that throw in.

#12 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

Can notice the changes already, things looking good for the moment.

If i was Pedro i wouldn't put too much into the outcome of the OF semi-final.

Play the team he wants and try to match up to Celtic should be his aim.

Trying for that second place is his main goal for this end of season, great if he could pull it off.

#13 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,264 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:07 PM

Wee Mckay was on the end of a lot of the boo boys and it annoyed me somewhat, you could see this pressure forcing him into wee mistakes was down to our support.....or more so lack of it.

Thought the ref was ok today although if you are a Jags fan you may be a little annoyed as we seemed to get a few decisions that I thought should have went the other way......the 2nd goal came from a throw in I was sure was Thistles but he awarded it to us and we scored straight from that throw in.

You lose some you win some.....went for us today Cam......decent result! Heard on the radio Barry got it tight today....disgraceful! Short memories some folks!

#14 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,751 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:31 PM

I never went down the road for the game socamt talk about today but Wee McKay is a confidence player and when on his game he can be a match winner but he does tend to go into his shell when the 'support' get on his back. This is understandable as he is still a young lad learning the game. Really pisses me off.

Foderingham has been one of the real standouts in the Rangers team this season. Had an outstanding game at Pittodrie only last week but we still have guys at the games getting on his back. Seems certain players are singled by the Rangers 'support' 

#15 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 37,639 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

Nice banner from union bears....
Das it mane , Das it.

#16 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,822 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

Why what was wrong with it Hoopz ?

#17 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 37,639 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

Why what was wrong with it Hoopz ?

Why the need to put hus religion in it? Coulda celebrated the number of goals he scored in 1 season ( was alot cant mind how many ) but instead they put his religion there , strange
Das it mane , Das it.

#18 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

Do they remember him because he killed the Celtic goalie?

#19 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,822 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:14 PM

Do they remember him because he killed the Celtic goalie?

I was unsure as to why they had the banner, you may well be right.

@hoopz, its not something I would do myself at a ground but absolutely nothing wrong with it if he was a proud protestant.....what exactly is the problem with the banner !?

#20 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,751 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

It's a line from The Ballad Of Sam English. Probably could do without it but nothing offensive in it.

Nothing to do with accident that resulted in John Thompsons tragic death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users