Rangers vs Partick Thistle

22 replies to this topic

#21 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 36,772 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

I was unsure as to why they had the banner, you may well be right.

@hoopz, its not something I would do myself at a ground but absolutely nothing wrong with it if he was a proud protestant.....what exactly is the problem with the banner !?

Nowt wrong with it , just found it strange to include his religion.

If someone put a banner up at CP saying the same about our player from back in the day i would also be baffled by including his religion , played football for the club , not a church speaker or whatever.

As for him and thomson , complete freak accident and woulda been hard for the guy afterwards
Das it mane , Das it.

#22 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,032 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

As for him and thomson , complete freak accident and woulda been hard for the guy afterwards

He had to leave Scottish football a year or 2 later as he was taunted and jeered by opposition supporters. From what i have read he never did get over it and left him traumatised 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#23 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,391 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:33 PM

Nowt wrong with it , just found it strange to include his religion.
If someone put a banner up at CP saying the same about our player from back in the day i would also be baffled by including his religion , played football for the club , not a church speaker or whatever.

May be they will have a banner for their manager next! They may leave his religion out of it though....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users