SKY :-) !!!!

106 replies to this topic

#101 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,071 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:17 AM

Of course it is Skys fault for goodness sake, they are the ONLY reason the EPL teams have almost to a team expanded and improved their stadiums.
Sky are the ONLY reason they can pay iver 200 grand per week.
Sky are the only reason these teams can buy players and fill their squads with no hope of seeing the first team or being sold.
Sky is the whole and only reason this disparity exists.
It may not be nearly as bad if these now mega rich clubs were allowed to buy so many players most of which dont see action and have little chance of being sold unless to another EPL team who would be the only team who can pay the fee and wages they will be on.
If that makes Sky the bad guy then so be it Dug.
Fair enough it may not be the fault of the English teams and the size of the deal but it is their fault that they now pay massive wages and buy whoever whenever........thats Sky that caused that.

Are you aware Utd recieve £140m a season in kit sponsorship alone inc training kit.....fuck all to do with Sky,its because they are a global brand

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#102 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,485 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:20 AM

Of course it is Skys fault for goodness sake, they are the ONLY reason the EPL teams have almost to a team expanded and improved their stadiums.
Sky are the ONLY reason they can pay iver 200 grand per week.
Sky are the only reason these teams can buy players and fill their squads with no hope of seeing the first team or being sold.

Sky is the whole and only reason this disparity exists.
It may not be nearly as bad if these now mega rich clubs were allowed to buy so many players most of which dont see action and have little chance of being sold unless to another EPL team who would be the only team who can pay the fee and wages they will be on.

If that makes Sky the bad guy then so be it Dug.
Fair enough it may not be the fault of the English teams and the size of the deal but it is their fault that they now pay massive wages and buy whoever whenever........thats Sky that caused that.

But I don't see it as a fault! Damn these clubs for improving/expanding their stadiums.

The players that move with no/little hope of playing ultimately make that decision themselves....it is THEY who sign on the dotted line....nobody twists their arm.

The 'disparity' as you call it only exists because of the greed of the players.

You are incorrect when you say Sky are the only reason blah blah.....There is BT nowadays, there are numerous huge sponsors....you never seem to mention them.

Times change Cam,.....I have been criticised on here for wanting to live in the past but on this occasion I embrace the progress not criticise it.

As for the man in the street who pays to go to games (you mentioned this yesterday but didn't reply to my response)...Who is it that charge these punters again?

Again I ask.....You keep saying that because of Sky...this is wrong, that is wrong....what is it you actually want ?

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#103 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,379 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:25 AM

Are you aware Utd recieve £140m a season in kit sponsorship alone inc training kit.....fuck all to do with Sky,its because they are a global brand

I see stats like this and wonder why Mike Ashley doesn't do a deal that equally benefits Rangers. Surely say 30% of a lot is a helluva lot better than 96% of nothing.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#104 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 17,071 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:36 AM

Well i think that is something that we will never know, pure opinion and nothing more. They may well beat the current Man U team but I do have my doubts, couldnt see them turning over teams with far better quality than current Utd team like Chelsea, City etc but again pure opinion.
And my main point was the quality of all the teams overall is far more competitive than it was before. Even the last 5 years or so has seen the top 4 who were head and shoulders above the rest its more like a top 6 or 7 mqybe ev3n 8 now with increase in quality throughtout the league.

I think i know that 94 team better than you Cam as you don't like English football....lets see

Is there a better keeper than Schmeichel right now.....nope

Is there a better left back than Irwin right now.....not a chance in hell

Is there better centre halves than the Bruce/Pallister partnership right now.....nope

Parker was a good steady right back......can be debatable

Is there a better midfield pairing than Keane/Ince right now.....nope

I won't even ask about Giggs

Kanchelskis at this time was in his prime....as good as any winger today

Is there better than Cantona right now.....not in my opinion

Hughes......great player but there is better

This team would win the league today,absolute travesty they couldn't play this team in Europe

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#105 Robert

Robert

International

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

Got bored after reading through three pages of shite, so if this has been covered please accept my apologies.

Sky has not ruined football. It should be held as a beacon of what can be achieved with a little hard work.

The money in the English game can come at a detriment to other leagues, but that should be a challenge to up their game. Get some experienced marketing people on board and see what they can do.

Certainly from a Scottish point of view we are run by charlatans who appear to have no business acumen whatsoever. A perfect example is a recent publicity stunt for the league cup final. They had Tony Watt up advertising it and in his interview he said he would never play in Scotland again. That just reeks of amateurism when we're trying to talk up our game.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but it has to start at the top.

And don't get me started on the state of youth football in this country. Surely this should be the starting block for moving forward...
Concordia Cum Veritate

#106 sployal

sployal

International

• Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Got bored after reading through three pages of shite, so if this has been covered please accept my apologies.

Sky has not ruined football. It should be held as a beacon of what can be achieved with a little hard work.

The money in the English game can come at a detriment to other leagues, but that should be a challenge to up their game. Get some experienced marketing people on board and see what they can do.

Certainly from a Scottish point of view we are run by charlatans who appear to have no business acumen whatsoever. A perfect example is a recent publicity stunt for the league cup final. They had Tony Watt up advertising it and in his interview he said he would never play in Scotland again. That just reeks of amateurism when we're trying to talk up our game.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but it has to start at the top.

And don't get me started on the state of youth football in this country. Surely this should be the starting block for moving forward...

Great point Robert, please get started on the state of youth football, this thread needs a kick up the arse. :thumbup:

#107 Robert

Robert

International

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 06:41 PM

Great point Robert, please get started on the state of youth football, this thread needs a kick up the arse. :thumbup:

I actually do have a solution for that, but I'm just about to bath the wean and get her ready for bed, so maybe later...😉
Concordia Cum Veritate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users