• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,877 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:26 PM

Bit like Michael Owen, I just got a letter through from the Dumfriesshire police informing me they have caught me speeding on the A74(M).

Owen was fined £300 and got 4 points endorsed on his licence for doing 95mph.

I apparently was doing 87mph, which I'm slightly relieved at as I slammed on the anchors when I saw the bassa on the overpass, so could have been worse!

Little bit worried though as I got fined last year for going through a red light (that was a £100 fine and 3 points)

Could do without getting fined £300!

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:32 PM

Bit like Michael Owen, I just got a letter through from the Dumfriesshire police informing me they have caught me speeding on the A74(M).

I apparently was doing 87mph, which I'm slightly relieved at as I slammed on the anchors when I saw the bassa on the overpass, so could have been worse!

Little bit worried though as I got fined last year for going through a red light (that was a £100 fine and 3 points)

Ban on the cards gaffa ?.....

watch out for.......police-officer-with-speed-gun-alamy-larg

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,604 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

Pay up shut up, that's what it's about.

Daylight robbery being pimped as 'a deterrent' to normal people going about their business.

Road traps that's what they are, deliberately put in place to fill the state coffers.

#4 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Ban on the cards gaffa ?.....

watch out for.......police-officer-with-speed-gun-alamy-larg

better not be, I need too drive for work!

#5 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:44 PM

better not be, I need too drive for work!

hope all goes well for you mate.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

Pay up shut up, that's what it's about.

Daylight robbery being pimped as 'a deterrent' to normal people going about their business.

Road traps that's what they are, deliberately put in place to fill the state coffers.

can't disagree with that.....and me an ex-cop too.

#7 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

Annoyed as was not paying attention, they are always on the bridge getting folk near Lockerbie

#8 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

Disgraceful the improvement in car spec but yet the speed limit has been 70 since 1960s.

An easy revenue stream that . . . . erm. . . goes under the radar

#9 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,345 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

I rarely go over the speed limit due to my previous bout of shocking treatment from the courts and hearing a situation like your own really does annoy me.

I was banned for driving through a red light, banned. No previous penalty points on my licence which I had held for 20 years but the judge thought it best to ban me despite element of doubt even from the Police. I was banned for 1 year and had to resit my test...............fucking theory and everything.

Had to use my bike for over a year and it cost me around £6500 in total that ban, went from 35 hours to 25 hours the very next day I was banned. Lost all extra hours I had with the other job in youth work I was doing, had to shell out over £1000 for bumbling lawyers who cost me my licence in all honesty and had to, well not had to but purchased a good road bike that cost me £1000 and a number of extras to go it, another 500 bucks.

Legal system is all wrong in this country, crazy thing is I'm a very careful driver always have been yet I was treated in such a shocking way.................still annoys me when I think back.

#10 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,345 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

Oh and I was fined £300 to boot and had just bought a new car costing me £270 per month which I had to pay !!!!

#11 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,604 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:21 PM

I rarely go over the speed limit due to my previous bout of shocking treatment from the courts and hearing a situation like your own really does annoy me.

I was banned for driving through a red light, banned. No previous penalty points on my licence which I had held for 20 years but the judge thought it best to ban me despite element of doubt even from the Police. I was banned for 1 year and had to resit my test...............fucking theory and everything.

Had to use my bike for over a year and it cost me around £6500 in total that ban, went from 35 hours to 25 hours the very next day I was banned. Lost all extra hours I had with the other job in youth work I was doing, had to shell out over £1000 for bumbling lawyers who cost me my licence in all honesty and had to, well not had to but purchased a good road bike that cost me £1000 and a number of extras to go it, another 500 bucks.

Legal system is all wrong in this country, crazy thing is I'm a very careful driver always have been yet I was treated in such a shocking way.................still annoys me when I think back.

Oh and I was fined £300 to boot and had just bought a new car costing me £270 per month which I had to pay !!!!

I really can sympathize with you mate, what a terrible experience.

Lost my license over 20 years ago for a beer to many. Was driving slowly home a couple of hundred yards from the house, no one around when i gets pulled over and that was it.

Took me 2 years and a load of money to get back on the road.

#12 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

Edinburgh has these stupid city centre 20mph speed limits now aswell so that's me cruising about like a granny with pricks on push bikes overtaking me now!

#13 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

:o .....seriously? A bicycle costs THAT much ? What else did you have to buy that cost half a grand Cam? Kind of expensive.

#14 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:58 AM

Only been done once and that was for careless driving around 40 years ago. Driving down an incline with a couple of mates in the car....flung a ciggie out the window and mate shouts to watch out as it was blowing back in....as my head turned right & my right arm went up, my left hand, which was on the steering wheel, automatically pulled down and the car smashed into a lamp post and I tried to bite a piece of the steering wheel resulting in a broken jaw and right thumb. A week in Canniesburn, surgery and my mouth wired up....had a liquidised diet for over 2 months. Anybody who has a knowledge of Falkirk will know the Howgate Shopping Centre....it is built on the place where my car smash happened. Think of me if you're ever there.

PS....unbelievably my court case appeared in the Daily Record.

#15 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,345 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

:o .....seriously? A bicycle costs THAT much ? What else did you have to buy that cost half a grand Cam? Kind of expensive.

Some bikes cost substantially more than that Dug, 2, 3, 4 grand. Hell some are over 10 grand.....10 grand I know !!!

Bought pedals with it that cliked into the boots around 200 and then a seat, few pairs of gloves, few pairs of padded shorts, few cycling tops, good pump, lights, helmet.....now when I think about it I may have spent more than 500.

I could have spent a lot less Dug but since I was going to using it everyday for over a year I wanted good gear making my journey more comfortable and quicker.......to give you an idea every Wednesday I would have to cycle to Possil, that would take me an hour or so. After that at 12 I would then have to go to govan, another 1/2 hour cycling......then after that another hours cycling to castlemilk with 2 big steep hill knocking fuck out me.

Then after all that at 9 at night after starting cycling at 8 in the morning I would have a half hour cycle home.....all in all on a wednesday I would spend just over 3 hours travelling to work in all weathers !!!
So having the right gear was important and also a bike that is quick. I started off with a mountain bike but it was hard work given the multiple journeys I had and distance.....road bike I almost halfed my journey time.

Edited by Camshy, 16 April 2017 - 08:34 AM.

#16 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,720 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

You took a bike worth over a grand in to Possil.....And got back out????

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#17 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,345 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:46 AM

You took a bike worth over a grand in to Possil.....And got back out????

Ha ha, never left it outside......im not that daft !!!

#18 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

Some bikes cost substantially more than that Dug, 2, 3, 4 grand. Hell some are over 10 grand.....10 grand I know !!!

Bought pedals with it that cliked into the boots around 200 and then a seat, few pairs of gloves, few pairs of padded shorts, few cycling tops, good pump, lights, helmet.....now when I think about it I may have spent more than 500.

I could have spent a lot less Dug but since I was going to using it everyday for over a year I wanted good gear making my journey more comfortable and quicker.......to give you an idea every Wednesday I would have to cycle to Possil, that would take me an hour or so. After that at 12 I would then have to go to govan, another 1/2 hour cycling......then after that another hours cycling to castlemilk with 2 big steep hill knocking fuck out me.

Then after all that at 9 at night after starting cycling at 8 in the morning I would have a half hour cycle home.....all in all on a wednesday I would spend just over 3 hours travelling to work in all weathers !!!
So having the right gear was important and also a bike that is quick. I started off with a mountain bike but it was hard work given the multiple journeys I had and distance.....road bike I almost halfed my journey time.

Fair doos mate....never realised the costs. If what you bought benefited your usage, well it had to be worth it.

#19 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,720 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

Fair doos mate....never realised the costs. If what you bought benefited your usage, well it had to be worth it.

Boy I met on holiday has a bike worth £3000. He drives an old Fiat Punto. The joke is his car is only worth stealing if his bikes in it.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#20 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

Boy I met on holiday has a bike worth £3000. He drives an old Fiat Punto. The joke is his car is only worth stealing if his bikes in it.

one would have to be a real enthusiast I'd imagine to shell out that kind of lolly. Even what Cam spent....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users