• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:20 PM

Lennon hopes to make it back in the SPL after winning the Scottish Championship announcing "this will look good on my CV".

Didn't mention this on his CV.

Bolton Wanderers

Lennon was announced as the new manager of Bolton Wanderers on 12 October 2014, signing a four-year contract. He won his first game in charge 1–0 against Birmingham City at St Andrew's stadium, although he was sent to the stands in the 81st minute after an altercation with referee Mark Hayward caused by Lennon leaving his technical area before Craig Davies's penalty was saved. Lennon's first three months in charge saw Bolton rise ten places from bottom of the league up to fourteenth; a spell that included an eight match unbeaten run and four consecutive clean sheets. Bolton reached the fourth round of the FA Cup and took Liverpool to a replay before conceding a last minute goal to lose 2–1 and go out. Things didn't go well for Lennon thereafter, with Bolton winning only one of their last 11 games of the season, and Barry Bannan and Neil Danns being suspended by Lennon for off-field indiscipline. Bolton did however succeed in avoiding relegation, finishing 18th in the league.

Bolton struggled at the start of the following season, and by October 2015 were lying bottom of the table with only one win in their first eleven league games. Lennon maintained confidence in his ability to improve Bolton's fortunes, stating "I didn't realise quite how tough it was going to be but I have got faith in my own ability and I believe we'll turn things around." By the end of November 2015, Bolton had gone on a run of twelve games without a win, and remained bottom of the Championship. At this time, the club announced that their squad had not been paid this month "due to a short-term funding issue" in a statement which came hours before their 1–1 draw with Brentford. In that game, Bolton striker Gary Madine was seen on television mouthing an insult towards Lennon, although the manager played down the incident afterwards, stating "I don't know what he said. He's a Geordie, I can't understand him! It was probably reciprocated!" Bolton continued to struggle and, with the club at the bottom of the table, Lennon left by "mutual consent" on 15 March 2016.

Welcome back, we await your footballastic maestro.

Pity the refs!!!

#2 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:41 PM

See Danny Swanson has just signed a pre-contract with Hibs and is going in the summer

Sparring partner for Lennon may be......

#3 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

Lennon hopes to make it back in the SPL after winning the Scottish Championship announcing "this will look good on my CV".

Didn't mention this on his CV.

Bolton Wanderers

Lennon was announced as the new manager of Bolton Wanderers on 12 October 2014, signing a four-year contract. He won his first game in charge 1–0 against Birmingham City at St Andrew's stadium, although he was sent to the stands in the 81st minute after an altercation with referee Mark Hayward caused by Lennon leaving his technical area before Craig Davies's penalty was saved. Lennon's first three months in charge saw Bolton rise ten places from bottom of the league up to fourteenth; a spell that included an eight match unbeaten run and four consecutive clean sheets. Bolton reached the fourth round of the FA Cup and took Liverpool to a replay before conceding a last minute goal to lose 2–1 and go out. Things didn't go well for Lennon thereafter, with Bolton winning only one of their last 11 games of the season, and Barry Bannan and Neil Danns being suspended by Lennon for off-field indiscipline. Bolton did however succeed in avoiding relegation, finishing 18th in the league.

Bolton struggled at the start of the following season, and by October 2015 were lying bottom of the table with only one win in their first eleven league games. Lennon maintained confidence in his ability to improve Bolton's fortunes, stating "I didn't realise quite how tough it was going to be but I have got faith in my own ability and I believe we'll turn things around." By the end of November 2015, Bolton had gone on a run of twelve games without a win, and remained bottom of the Championship. At this time, the club announced that their squad had not been paid this month "due to a short-term funding issue" in a statement which came hours before their 1–1 draw with Brentford. In that game, Bolton striker Gary Madine was seen on television mouthing an insult towards Lennon, although the manager played down the incident afterwards, stating "I don't know what he said. He's a Geordie, I can't understand him! It was probably reciprocated!" Bolton continued to struggle and, with the club at the bottom of the table, Lennon left by "mutual consent" on 15 March 2016.

Welcome back, we await your footballastic maestro.

Pity the refs!!!

Hang on Loyal,before you have a go at the ex Celtic captain, manager and NI internationalist, Bolton were bottom and virtually bankrupt. He had no money - I think they were £130m in debt.  When he arrived the same players that were there, he organised and coached went from bottom to middle of the table. However he was forced to sell his best player and the result was the team plummeted.

The man had absolutely no chance in the circumstances.

He has failed where others have failed and got Hibs back in the top league. No mean feat but he was well backed by his Board who knew they had employed a very good passionate young manager.

What is your agenda bringing up the Bolton experience?

#4 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

See Danny Swanson has just signed a pre-contract with Hibs and is going in the summer

Sparring partner for Lennon may be......

top 6 if they can hang on to Cum Dog, MacGregor and McGinn

#5 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:14 PM

top 6 if they can hang on to Cum Dog, MacGregor and McGinn

apparently the forecast is Sunshine in Leith.......

#6 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:18 PM

apparently the forecast is Sunshine in Leith.......

but a fecking cauld north wind

#7 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

but a fecking cauld north wind

dog shit all over the streets too

#8 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,640 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

I agree with what Chappy says,my gripe with Neil is his desire to be controversial,cut that fucking shite out and lead the simple managerial life

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#9 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

I agree with what Chappy says,my gripe with Neil is his desire to be controversial,cut that fucking shite out and lead the simple managerial life

he usually does the controversy to deflect from his players or "mind games" . .. 

. . . .he is also a bad tempered wee red headed bastard

#10 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

Hang on Loyal,before you have a go at the ex Celtic captain, manager and NI internationalist, Bolton were bottom and virtually bankrupt. He had no money - I think they were £130m in debt.  When he arrived the same players that were there, he organised and coached went from bottom to middle of the table. However he was forced to sell his best player and the result was the team plummeted.

The man had absolutely no chance in the circumstances.

He has failed where others have failed and got Hibs back in the top league. No mean feat but he was well backed by his Board who knew they had employed a very good passionate young manager.

What is your agenda bringing up the Bolton experience?

I think the Bolton manifesto speaks for itself Chappy, tried to make it down South in a team which could have been saved, wasn't up to it. Came back home to a Hibs team who were certain of coming back up (then again).

Wee will see how he comes against Rangers Celtic Hearts next season.

#11 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

I think the Bolton manifesto speaks for itself Chappy, tried to make it down South in a team which could have been saved, wasn't up to it. Came back home to a Hibs team who were certain of coming back up (then again).
Wee will see how he comes against Rangers Celtic Hearts next season.

seriously Harry Houdini could not have saved that team.

If you have a dislike for the guy because of your own prejudies then you should just come out and say it. You wont be the first or last

#12 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:55 PM

seriously Harry Houdini could not have saved that team.

If you have a dislike for the guy because of your own prejudies then you should just come out and say it. You wont be the first or last

OK , I come out and say i don't like Lennon.

Believe me, the guy was a cunt (thug) as a player, and he hasn't changed.

Bovver merchant always looking for a fight but when things break out always the first to shit off.

Scott Brown is the same. Sure he wouldn't be up for a square go.

2 Cunts.

#13 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

Bovver merchant always looking for a fight but when things break out always the first to shit off.

2 Cunts.

is it just 2 hardy midfielders from a opposing team that you dont like?

#14 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

For me Lenny (even though I also think he is a little cretin) is actually proving himself to be a pretty good manager

PS- he doesn't mind what people think of him, it like me......lololol

#15 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

is it just 2 hardy midfielders from a opposing team that you dont like?

No mate, it's the attitude that counts.

#16 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

For me Lenny (even though I also think he is a little cretin) is actually proving himself to be a pretty good manager

PS- he doesn't mind what people think of him, it like me......lololol

Good manager for FS sake, wait and see what's in store next season.

Implosion guaranteed.

#17 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:07 PM

Good manager for FS sake, wait and see what's in store next season.

Implosion guaranteed.

time will tell SPL but to date in Scotland to date the yellow toothed midget has done not bad.....

#18 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:09 PM

time will tell SPL but to date in Scotland to date the yellow toothed midget has done not bad.....

repeating myself now!

#19 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

2 Cunts.

aye a bitter a Rangers fan then?

#20 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

aye a bitter a Rangers fan then?

Not at all, i stand by what i said.

Next season is looking to be the best in Scottish football for the past 5 years or so.

At one time or another, if things don't go as planned Lennon will flip it.

I don't think he will be up to managing against the OF over the course of a season.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users