Celtic vs rangers

158 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,255 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

Pedro is trying the mind games by saying he is glad the brown is playing because he wants to face the strongest Celtic side possible. Now all we need is Rodgers to say we need a strong referrer.

#2 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:49 PM

Willie Collum is your ref folks, he will already be shitting himself

#3 Elchappy

Elchappy

no toys out the pram here

• 6,110 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

hope the referee isn't mentioned post game

#4 Elchappy

Elchappy

no toys out the pram here

• 6,110 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:30 PM

Foderingham out?

#5 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,445 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

Wes really out Chappy ?

That would be as big a miss for us as Broony would have for you guys, he has saved us from defeat countless times this season.

Hard one to call given the importance of the match, Celtic looking to keep the hopes of a treble alive and Rangers looking to salvage something from this season. I think it will be a decent game and should be open, certainly goals in Celtic but are there any for Rangers ?

Going by the recent up turn in games I would have to say its looking likely we will score but the defence is still a concern, may have been a clean sheet the last 3 games but in all honesty I don't think we can take too much from that.

If the young lad Bates is to start then I fear his nerves will get in the way, not worried about Beerman as he looks neat, tidy and compact when he is on the ball.

Going to plump for a 2-1 Rangers victory.

#6 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

I think the keeper will be a terrible miss as he has been outstanding for the last few months. I haven't seen any verification that he is out, rumours abound though.

I honestly think that Celtic's defence has the capacity to fuck up big style as much as Rangers. The game will be won in the middle of the park and who can take their chances. Going by that you would fancy Celtic as the have the biggest goal threat. Being a bear i actually hope Dembelle starts. Griffiths to me is the more dangerous striker.

Dats just my opinion though.

#7 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,445 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:55 PM

I would agree with that and although Dembele has scored a number of goals in this fixture I also believe the Thumb offers a far greater goal threat. Think the Frenchman will get the nod mind you and he seems to like the big games.

#8 Donald

Donald

Veteran

• Members
  • 924 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:17 AM

Definitely a few rumours about Foderingham being injured in training but nothing from reliable sources. Let's hope it is just rumours cos he's been the real reason for our 3 clean sheets in the last 3 games, not any tightening up by the defence related to Caixinhas arrival. And Matt Gilks departure means it would be a debut for Jak Alnwick whos experience at Port Vale might not prepare him for an OF semi.

Hard to say how this ones going to go. Can't say there's any great reason to feel confident but we've competed well in our last couple of games with Celtic. I agree the middle of the park is going to decide the game. Wee Holt has been much improved recently and has to start. I'd like to see Halliday join him in the deeper role rather than Toral. Torals a good player but we need a bit more passion and commitment and Toral might just be a luxury we can't afford on Sunday.

Celtic are clearly the better team but for some reason I'm feeling positive. With a wee bit of luck and the ongoing agenda against Celtic by referees I can see us winning this in extra time. Maybe.

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,886 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:29 AM

Looking like an over 2.5 for me.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#10 sployal

sployal

International

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:56 AM

I think the keeper will be a terrible miss as he has been outstanding for the last few months. I haven't seen any verification that he is out, rumours abound though.

I honestly think that Celtic's defence has the capacity to fuck up big style as much as Rangers. The game will be won in the middle of the park and who can take their chances. Going by that you would fancy Celtic as the have the biggest goal threat. Being a bear i actually hope Dembelle starts. Griffiths to me is the more dangerous striker.

Dats just my opinion though.

I would agree with that and although Dembele has scored a number of goals in this fixture I also believe the Thumb offers a far greater goal threat. Think the Frenchman will get the nod mind you and he seems to like the big games.

Definitely a few rumours about Foderingham being injured in training but nothing from reliable sources. Let's hope it is just rumours cos he's been the real reason for our 3 clean sheets in the last 3 games, not any tightening up by the defence related to Caixinhas arrival. And Matt Gilks departure means it would be a debut for Jak Alnwick whos experience at Port Vale might not prepare him for an OF semi.

Hard to say how this ones going to go. Can't say there's any great reason to feel confident but we've competed well in our last couple of games with Celtic. I agree the middle of the park is going to decide the game. Wee Holt has been much improved recently and has to start. I'd like to see Halliday join him in the deeper role rather than Toral. Torals a good player but we need a bit more passion and commitment and Toral might just be a luxury we can't afford on Sunday.

Celtic are clearly the better team but for some reason I'm feeling positive. With a wee bit of luck and the ongoing agenda against Celtic by referees I can see us winning this in extra time. Maybe.

Lots of Bla Bla Bla,

It's nothing to do with this or that, it's an old firm game it will be as usual, the winner takes all the laurels and no place for losers.

Celtic for the treble, Rangers trying to stop them.

This is a classic not to be missed.

Camshy can dig Sky all he wants, but this is the game of the weekend in the UK, lets hope it is an advertisement for Scottish football.

#11 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:17 AM

Lots of Bla Bla Bla,
It's nothing to do with this or that, it's an old firm game it will be as usual, the winner takes all the laurels and no place for losers.
Camshy can dig Sky all he wants, but this is the game of the weekend in the UK, lets hope it is an advertisement for Scottish football.

Who's in charge here, close this thread. Genius here has summed the game up perfectly no need for further comment or blah blah blahing.

#12 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,836 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:22 AM

My team would be

Gordon

Lustig
Jozo
Sviatchenko
Tierney

Broon
Rogic
Armstrong

Sinclair
Roberts

Dembele

----

Team i think will play

Gordon
Lustig
Boyata
Jozo
Tierney

Broon
Mcgregor
Armstrong

Sinclair
Forrest

Dembele
Das it mane , Das it.

#13 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:31 AM

My team would be
Gordon
Lustig
Jozo
Sviatchenko
Tierney
Broon
Rogic
Armstrong
Sinclair
Roberts
Dembele
----
Team i think will play
Gordon
Lustig
Boyata
Jozo
Tierney
Broon
Mcgregor
Armstrong
Sinclair
Forrest
Dembele

I would think Rogic will start if he's fit. Rogic is a quality player so i hope he isn't fit tbh

#14 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:36 AM

My team would be...

Foderingham

Hodgson

Hill

Wilson

Beerman

Tavernier

Hyndman

Holt

Dodoo

Miller

Waghorn

Edited by Jiffy, 22 April 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#15 sployal

sployal

International

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:49 AM

My team would be...

Foderingham

Hodgson

Hill

Wilson

Beerman

Tavernier

Hyndman

Holt

Dodoo

Miller

Waghorn

Condom

#16 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:01 AM

Condom

I doubt you have ever had any nead for such things

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,886 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:09 AM

Foderingham is out.

https://www.thescott...old-firm-debut/

it is claimed

Edited by black dog, 22 April 2017 - 07:10 AM.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#18 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,445 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:56 AM

Lots of Bla Bla Bla,

My issue with Sky is not that they show live football, its the vast amounts they give to our English friends over the border which has created these "super" clubs....well money wise anway.

I agree its the biggest game of the weekend in the UK, down south they will be playing for positions in the league and money.....here its not money, all about the things that make football important to people and also the players too and that is why this game is not matched for intensity.

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,886 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:00 AM

My issue with Sky is not that they show live football, its the vast amounts they give to our English friends over the border which has created these "super" clubs....well money wise anway.

I agree its the biggest game of the weekend in the UK, down south they will be playing for positions in the league and money.....here its not money, all about the things that make football important to people and also the players too and that is why this game is not matched for intensity.

You really think it is not important to clubs and fans down south Cam ? Off beam with that mate.

#20 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,445 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

You really think it is not important to clubs and fans down south Cam ? Off beam with that mate.

Where did I say its not important.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users