• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 thefootyblog.net

thefootyblog.net

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Here's an interview I did this week with John Paul Taylor (Celtic's SLO). We discuss his role at the club, media coverage, the safe standing area and Celtic's season. 

Edited by thefootyblog.net, 28 April 2017 - 04:04 PM.

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,963 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

started off his answer with the word...'So'....enough for me!

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 thefootyblog.net

thefootyblog.net

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:23 PM

Shame as he discusses things that you may not see in the MSM too often. Always difficult being in front of a camera. 

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

Shame as he discusses things that you may not see in the MSM too often. Always difficult being in front of a camera. 

perhaps mate & it's not a criticism per se of the guy but anyone on being asked a simple question who begins their answer 'So'.... for some reason turns me off. You say it's difficult in front of a camera & I believe that but if the chap made a mistake then it would be re-shot no? Just me mate.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 thefootyblog.net

thefootyblog.net

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:41 PM

Fair enough mate. 

Re-shot for 'So'? No I doubt it, especially if time was limited. 

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

Fair enough mate. 

Re-shot for 'So'? No I doubt it, especially if time was limited. 

No, you misunderstand. When I said re-shot it was to do with your comment....'difficult being in front of the camera' as in if the guy was nervous and said 'something' a bit wayward. Listen, I'm not for a moment doubting it's a decent interview...it's all down to me and my take on oration & I know it may seem a bit daft but there ye go....a wee foible if you will.

#7 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,285 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:28 PM

Here's an interview I did this week with John Paul Taylor (Celtic's SLO). We discuss his role at the club, media coverage, the safe standing area and Celtic's season.

What team do you yourself follow FB?

#8 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

perhaps mate & it's not a criticism per se of the guy but anyone on being asked a simple question who begins their answer 'So'.... for some reason turns me off. You say it's difficult in front of a camera & I believe that but if the chap made a mistake then it would be re-shot no? Just me mate.

Slightly off topic 

I had a voicemail message from Golf Breaks and the guy said Hi **** Just a quick call to touch base.... 

That was as far as i got. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:50 PM

Slightly off topic 

I had a voicemail message from Golf Breaks and the guy said Hi **** Just a quick call to touch base.... 

That was as far as i got. 

fair response....

#10 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,432 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

No, you misunderstand. When I said re-shot it was to do with your comment....'difficult being in front of the camera' as in if the guy was nervous and said 'something' a bit wayward. Listen, I'm not for a moment doubting it's a decent interview...it's all down to me and my take on oration & I know it may seem a bit daft but there ye go....a wee foible if you will.

5a210343570d24e50161d86a5aecf384_balloon

Shit Creek

#11 thefootyblog.net

thefootyblog.net

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

What team do you yourself follow FB?

LB, I no longer support a particular club. 

I did support Rangers but found my passion waned as I got into writing about football. 

#12 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:57 PM

I did support Rangers but found my passion waned as I got into writing about football.

understandable

#13 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,285 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

No probs....

Wasn't sure if it was a self promotional item from Celtic..... all very nice and safe, possibly agreed beforehand questions...... not sure......

Would have liked a bit more bite to the questions, but that's just me.

#14 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,285 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:36 PM

understandable

Familiar.......

#15 thefootyblog.net

thefootyblog.net

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:57 AM

No probs....

Wasn't sure if it was a self promotional item from Celtic..... all very nice and safe, possibly agreed beforehand questions...... not sure......

Would have liked a bit more bite to the questions, but that's just me.

I understand what you're saying. 

The thing is, I'm a small independent blog and not getting paid for these videos. Because of our size I struggle to get access to football clubs (some in Scotland still seem to hate new technology and new media) and the fact I use professional filming equipment means nothing to them. So I feel I can't go all tabloid with the interviews. 

That being said, I wanted this interview to be more informational and less digging. I wanted to know more about the SLO role & the safe standing area. 

On a final point: As far as I'm aware that is the first time you will have heard anyone at Celtic talk about the 'smelly fan' incident from a few years back. 

#16 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,285 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:26 AM

I understand what you're saying. 

The thing is, I'm a small independent blog and not getting paid for these videos. Because of our size I struggle to get access to football clubs (some in Scotland still seem to hate new technology and new media) and the fact I use professional filming equipment means nothing to them. So I feel I can't go all tabloid with the interviews. 

That being said, I wanted this interview to be more informational and less digging. I wanted to know more about the SLO role & the safe standing area. 

On a final point: As far as I'm aware that is the first time you will have heard anyone at Celtic talk about the 'smelly fan' incident from a few years back.

I wasn't sure what you were talking about at that stage of the interview, he obviously did..... and now I do ..... :lol:

You are correct, it was the first.

I enjoyed it, that's the first time I have seen the rail seating at CP, we used them for the first time in Hannover..... hopefully it makes it's way down south to England

One question I would have asked at that point, was when he was talking about Liverpool being up at CP, what their thoughts were on Rail seating?..... from an official point of view, but he maybe wouldn't be in a position to know.

Bottom line...... Decent wee interview.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: celtic, safe standing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users