• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#181 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 18,955 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

Exactly the response i was waiting for norn.

The question is not 'does God exist'? but 'does you believe in God'?

Game on.

You said nobody has proven God does not exist,where is your proof he does?.....it/s a 2 way street

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#182 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,728 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

The way I see it is - if somebody turns to something in their hour of need OR want to live their life praying to some invisible being then who am I to take that away from them

I guess what I'm saying is - believe what you want to believe and if it gets you through the day and doesn't hurt anyone then all is cool with me

#183 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,522 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:56 PM

The way I see it is - if somebody turns to something in their hour of need OR want to live their life praying to some invisible being then who am I to take that away from them

I guess what I'm saying is - believe what you want to believe and if it gets you through the day and doesn't hurt anyone then all is cool with me

I usually have the same ethos, but when someone questions my or someone else's lack of belief, or claims that God cannot be disproven, that I should believe what they believe or that I am wrong, I take that as a challenge and willingness to debate. However, I always make sure to confirm this and their definition of God before I start.

Edited by pandamonk, 19 May 2017 - 09:57 PM.

#184 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,522 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:01 PM

You said nobody has proven God does not exist,where is your proof he does?.....it/s a 2 way street

Many claim that the burden of proof lies with the person making the extraordinary claim. In this case, that an invisible and undetectable being exists who guides/oversees/controls everything.

I, on the other hand, am happy to accept the burden of proof as long as we can agree on God's definition first.

Edited by pandamonk, 19 May 2017 - 10:02 PM.

#185 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,305 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

Thats fine and as you said I have no problem with that bit the same logic can apply to Santa Claus and the tooth fairy for children......belief and reality are different things

#186 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,527 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:47 AM

Anyway...... thread title.

I'm now reading it in Ali G's voice......
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#187 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,893 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

Anyway...... thread title.

I'm now reading it in Ali G's voice......

Is you ?

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#188 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,527 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:03 AM

Is you ?

Iiiiiiiiaye.
Posted Image

#189 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,893 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

Iiiiiiiiaye.

Respek....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#190 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,527 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

Respek....

Big up yourself......
Posted Image

#191 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

Nope,not over here

I was meaning as a majority mate. Still got some in banjo country in the states too, just not anywhere near as common now

Screenshot%207_zpsld33ztyd.png

#192 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,855 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

Don't know but I bet fuckin hoops wul be orattf

#193 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,893 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:41 AM

Don't know but I bet fuckin hoops wul be orattf

?....do explain Chas. Is it a Yorkshire Dales language ?

#194 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,855 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

?....do explain Chas. Is it a Yorkshire Dales language ?

Lol. Fuck knows I was in some state last night.

#195 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,893 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

Lol. Fuck knows I was in some state last night.

Fair enough....fucking lush..... :lol:

#196 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,443 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

Think about this.

#197 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,522 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:44 PM

Think about this.

The Plan of Salvation

( by Mageth )

God himself created man and woman and placed them in a garden, in “his own image”, but got righteously angry at them when they ate, against his wish, and after being tempted by a talking serpent that God himself had somehow allowed to slither about in the garden, a tasty, beautiful fruit, though he himself had placed it there but neglected to instill in his creations the knowledge of good and evil so that they would know it was wrong to eat it. Being omniscient, of course, he knew all this before he started, but was apparently unable or unwilling to do anything about it because he had planned it this way from the beginning, and apparently god cannot change anything he already knows, in spite of the fact that he’s omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent.

Later, God himself impregnated a virgin so that he himself could be born a human, a ManGod. This was necessary, apparently, because only his own ManGod blood could appease himself and deliver humans, who he created, and who he knew would muck things up by eating the fruit, from his own righteous anger.

Of course, he waited several thousand years to implement this divine plan, in the meantime taking the righteous action of drowning every creature on the planet except a few he could stuff on a boat. Not to mention handing down a Law that served to further condemn every one of us, and in which Law he himself had them frequently sacrifice animals to appease himself, though he knew the blood of animals didn’t really appease himself.

Much later, ManGod, in a garden, prayed to himself to “take this cup” away from himself, though he himself knew that he himself had planned the coming events from the beginning and knew that not even he himself could save himself, even though he was God and omnipotent, omniscient, etc. Accepting this, he said, in effect, “Not my will, but my will.”

God then sacrificed himself to himself to save us from himself. (or had himself sacrificed; not much of a distinction between the two, really) Before dying, he himself asked he himself why he had forsaken himself.

He himself, being dead, then raised himself from the dead less than 40 hours later, though he himself had said he’d be dead for three days and three nights, which he could do because he was still alive, and later he himself pulled himself up into heaven where he himself apparently already was, and where he himself is described as now sitting at the right hand of himself.

He himself then sent himself (or a ghost of himself, if you please) back to earth to be a comfort to us, though he himself is still sitting at the right hand of himself.

And, glory hallelujah, he himself promised that he himself will return someday, though he himself is already here, and will still be there, to snatch up those who believe the god blood sacrifice story he himself told us, and kill the rest of us who don’t believe the god blood sacrifice story, no matter how nice we were otherwise. But, since killing us isn’t enough to appease his righteousness, he himself will then judge us, though according to ManGod he himself will also not judge us, and being a god of love will cast most of us into hell for an eternity of suffering. He has to, of course, because he is a righteous, just god, and can’t figure out a way to save anyone who hasn’t been redeemed by God-blood, even though he is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent, and loves us all.

- Not my work but says a lot of the stuff I would have said.

#198 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,527 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

The Plan of Salvation

( by Mageth )

God himself created man and woman and placed them in a garden, in “his own image”, but got righteously angry at them when they ate, against his wish, and after being tempted by a talking serpent that God himself had somehow allowed to slither about in the garden, a tasty, beautiful fruit, though he himself had placed it there but neglected to instill in his creations the knowledge of good and evil so that they would know it was wrong to eat it. Being omniscient, of course, he knew all this before he started, but was apparently unable or unwilling to do anything about it because he had planned it this way from the beginning, and apparently god cannot change anything he already knows, in spite of the fact that he’s omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent.

Later, God himself impregnated a virgin so that he himself could be born a human, a ManGod. This was necessary, apparently, because only his own ManGod blood could appease himself and deliver humans, who he created, and who he knew would muck things up by eating the fruit, from his own righteous anger.

Of course, he waited several thousand years to implement this divine plan, in the meantime taking the righteous action of drowning every creature on the planet except a few he could stuff on a boat. Not to mention handing down a Law that served to further condemn every one of us, and in which Law he himself had them frequently sacrifice animals to appease himself, though he knew the blood of animals didn’t really appease himself.

Much later, ManGod, in a garden, prayed to himself to “take this cup” away from himself, though he himself knew that he himself had planned the coming events from the beginning and knew that not even he himself could save himself, even though he was God and omnipotent, omniscient, etc. Accepting this, he said, in effect, “Not my will, but my will.”

God then sacrificed himself to himself to save us from himself. (or had himself sacrificed; not much of a distinction between the two, really) Before dying, he himself asked he himself why he had forsaken himself.

He himself, being dead, then raised himself from the dead less than 40 hours later, though he himself had said he’d be dead for three days and three nights, which he could do because he was still alive, and later he himself pulled himself up into heaven where he himself apparently already was, and where he himself is described as now sitting at the right hand of himself.

He himself then sent himself (or a ghost of himself, if you please) back to earth to be a comfort to us, though he himself is still sitting at the right hand of himself.

And, glory hallelujah, he himself promised that he himself will return someday, though he himself is already here, and will still be there, to snatch up those who believe the god blood sacrifice story he himself told us, and kill the rest of us who don’t believe the god blood sacrifice story, no matter how nice we were otherwise. But, since killing us isn’t enough to appease his righteousness, he himself will then judge us, though according to ManGod he himself will also not judge us, and being a god of love will cast most of us into hell for an eternity of suffering. He has to, of course, because he is a righteous, just god, and can’t figure out a way to save anyone who hasn’t been redeemed by God-blood, even though he is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnibenevolent, and loves us all.

Don't believe any of that......
Posted Image

#199 noidea

noidea

International

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

The Plan of Salvation

( by Mageth )

I can see you need explanation. Please see below. If you get this, you'll get God.

Edited by noidea, 29 May 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#200 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,443 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:35 PM

I can see you need explanation. Please see below. If you get this, you'll get God.

What a laugh, excellent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users