• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

#41 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 18,430 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

Disbeliever! You never watched Jamie Oliver feeding hunners of families on scraps? It can be done I tell ya!

Faith is a wonderful thing.                              

Shit Creek

#42 noidea

noidea

International

• Banned
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

No I dont believe in god one little bit, not even the smallest chance or argument can or would I accept from anyone.....I can understand why people had the belief in the very early days and carried through until the modern age where gradually more and more people believe less and less when the science out there explains a lot of the things people put down to god.

I hear people say he created it all, us, plants, animals and even far distant galaxies......utter pish.
If he did create all of that then he also created man and the evil that exists within our planet. Creating a system where in the animal world there is a vicous predator and prey, cannbalism is some species.
A god who somw belive knows and sees all, why on "gods" green earth would he have made it so vicous and nasty.

Im sorry to anyone who has a belief but I honestly do not understand any one who really believes there is a god.....religion and god was/is a story written and dreamed up by man in an early bid to "understand", it also happens to be the biggest money maker the planet has ever known BUT the biggest problem imo with religion and "god" is the divide and hatred it causes among those with a different belief.

Interesting take on it from Ricky Gervais.......https://youtu.be/P5ZOwNK6n9U

Do you believe the big bang theory Camshy or some other explanation?

#43 noidea

noidea

International

• Banned
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:18 AM

Faith is a wonderful thing.                              

It is certainly better than a non existent sense of humour.

#44 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,430 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:43 AM

Are you suggesting that I don't have a sense of humour?

Shit Creek

#45 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,393 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:53 AM

No. I think I'm pretty safe in saying that out loud, because I hear that God is quite forgiving, so if he is real, he will give me a pass when I die.

#46 noidea

noidea

International

• Banned
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:27 AM

No, I was referring to the dialogue in the previous posts between two narrow minded posters who were in ignorance of their non existent sense of humour. 

#47 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,430 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

PxDQdLEBHm-10.png

Shit Creek

#48 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:23 PM

Do you believe the big bang theory Camshy or some other explanation?

There may well have been a "big bang" but I dont beleive that was the event that created everything in space, dust, gas, planets, stars and so on.
They say the big bang happened so many years ago, they also say the whole of space is.....lets say for arguments sake 14 billion years old.
That would mean the furthest object would be 14 billion light years from it, or 28 billion from one end to the other......there are many many objects that far exceed the distance possible in the timescale they say due to the speed if light.

The fact is no one knows what created everything if any singular event actually did in the first place, i certainly dont believe it was god. Who created him or did he just appear ?

There are many many things that are beyond our comprehension and like life on other planets we will bever ever know........god on the other hand is a rather easy one to answer.

#49 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:33 PM

I do believe in the hand of god!

maradona.jpg

#50 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

There may well have been a "big bang" but I dont beleive that was the event that created everything in space, dust, gas, planets, stars and so on.
They say the big bang happened so many years ago, they also say the whole of space is.....lets say for arguments sake 14 billion years old.
That would mean the furthest object would be 14 billion light years from it, or 28 billion from one end to the other......there are many many objects that far exceed the distance possible in the timescale they say due to the speed if light.

The fact is no one knows what created everything if any singular event actually did in the first place, i certainly dont believe it was god. Who created him or did he just appear ?

There are many many things that are beyond our comprehension and like life on other planets we will bever ever know........god on the other hand is a rather easy one to answer.

Tad contradictory Cam ? 'The fact is no one knows' but.....'God on the other hand etc etc'. If you don't know, how can you be so dismissal ?

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#51 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

Tad contradictory Cam ? 'The fact is no one knows' but.....'God on the other hand etc etc'. If you don't know, how can you be so dismissal ?

It is a totally different thing to say no one knows what happened at the "start of time" or the very first atom or molocule or thing to appear in space.......tje fact is we know something started or began or appeared, that goes without saying and is clear as day.

The god situation is totally different, sure you can say no one knows for sure or yes there is or no there isnt. The big difference is there is no way it is fact he even exists........it is a fact something had to be there in space, the first thing to appear. As I said totally different and to make a comparison is, well there is no comparison

#52 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:08 PM

It is a totally different thing to say no one knows what happened at the "start of time" or the very first atom or molocule or thing to appear in space.......tje fact is we know something started or began or appeared, that goes without saying and is clear as day.

The god situation is totally different, sure you can say no one knows for sure or yes there is or no there isnt. The big difference is there is no way it is fact he even exists........it is a fact something had to be there in space, the first thing to appear. As I said totally different and to make a comparison is, well there is no comparison

contradictory....Here's what you said a couple of posts ago mate..."The fact is no one knows what created everything if any singular event actually did in the first place,"

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#53 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

contradictory....Here's what you said a couple of posts ago mate..."The fact is no one knows what created everything if any singular event actually did in the first place,"

Like always you misunderstood ;-)......was referring specifically to the "big bang" as that event.....it may have happened but dont think thats what set it all off as the time scale and distances dont add up.

Forgot to add, you said me saying no one knows about the space thing and if god is real was contradictory.......not the part you posted in my second comment, how can the second quote be a cotradiction if I hadnt even said it until you quoted the firzt one !!

Edited by Camshy, 12 May 2017 - 03:27 PM.

#54 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

Like always you misunderstood ;-)......was referring specifically to the "big bang" as that event.....it may have happened but dont think thats what set it all off as the time scale and distances dont add up.

Forgot to add, you said me saying no one knows about the space thing and if god is real was contradictory.......not the part you posted in my second comment, how can the second quote be a cotradiction if I hadnt even said it until you quoted the firzt one !!

I didn't misunderstand...I'm basing my reply on what you initially said..."'The fact is no one knows' but.....'God on the other hand etc etc'."

Both are contradictory...the following was from a previous post by you....""The fact is no one knows what created everything if any singular event actually did in the first place,"

#55 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

I didn't misunderstand...I'm basing my reply on what you initially said..."'The fact is no one knows' but.....'God on the other hand etc etc'."

Both are contradictory...the following was from a previous post by you....""The fact is no one knows what created everything if any singular event actually did in the first place,"

Dug you clearly have misunderstood......point one you quoted me when I said no one knows for sure what started it and tgen said its a contradiction by making a connection of that comment to god saying its contradictory. I replied saying no its not, how is it a contradiction as they are different issues.
1- being its a fact there is indeed things in space like planets, dust and gas etc.....one would natutrally assume they havent "always" been there and had to start somewhere. Would also have been a very long time when it did hence why no one knows.

2- god is very much up for debate, very possible and imo more realistic that its not true.....unlike the space scenario which is unarguable seeing as, well we are here.

You then quoted my 2nd respons to your contradictory comment where you said in the 2nd one that is where the contradiction was !!! You get me ? You first posted i was contradicting myself and then waited for my response and quoted saying there......its like me saying "yku are using the letter b, then wating for your response and me quoting you before you have even said something !!

Anyway its not a contradiction as one is based on reality while the the other, god, is based on something else.....

#56 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:23 PM

Dug you clearly have misunderstood......point one you quoted me when I said no one knows for sure what started it and tgen said its a contradiction by making a connection of that comment to god saying its contradictory. I replied saying no its not, how is it a contradiction as they are different issues.
1- being its a fact there is indeed things in space like planets, dust and gas etc.....one would natutrally assume they havent "always" been there and had to start somewhere. Would also have been a very long time when it did hence why no one knows.

2- god is very much up for debate, very possible and imo more realistic that its not true.....unlike the space scenario which is unarguable seeing as, well we are here.

You then quoted my 2nd respons to your contradictory comment where you said in the 2nd one that is where the contradiction was !!! You get me ? You first posted i was contradicting myself and then waited for my response and quoted saying there......its like me saying "yku are using the letter b, then wating for your response and me quoting you before you have even said something !!

Anyway its not a contradiction as one is based on reality while the the other, god, is based on something else.....

Cam....here is what started you going off on one disagreeing with my factual comment....

'The fact is no one knows what created everything if any singular event actually did in the first place, i certainly dont believe it was god. Who created him or did he just appear ?'

You said....in the above comment....'The fact is no one knows what created everything if any singular event actually DID in the first place!'....Then you said...'I certainly don't believe it was God'.

You then said.....'it is a fact something had to be there in space, the first thing to appear'.

Can't see where the confusion arises.

#57 noidea

noidea

International

• Banned
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

Sorry Camshy but I have read the post after this one, and I can't understand your position or where your opinion actually is. Correct me if I'm wrong but what you seem to be saying is. The Universe exists but nobody knows how it got here. However, out of all the possibilities the only one you discard is the Universe was created by a deity. Why do you discriminate against a deity. 

#58 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

Sorry Camshy but I have read the post after this one, and I can't understand your position or where your opinion actually is. Correct me if I'm wrong but what you seem to be saying is. The Universe exists but nobody knows how it got here. However, out of all the possibilities the only one you discard is the Universe was created by a deity. Why do you discriminate against a deity.

You seriously dont understand my position ?
Its clear as day. No one knows or will ever know how the first planets and stars got there. We know how they are made but not bow it all started......the god issue is entirely different seeing as it is based on zero facts.

Of course the universe exists, I mean cmon what kind of question is that ?
And yes I dont how it got here but no one does.

#59 noidea

noidea

International

• Banned
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:21 PM

You seriously dont understand my position ?
Its clear as day. No one knows or will ever know how the first planets and stars got there. We know how they are made but not bow it all started......the god issue is entirely different seeing as it is based on zero facts.

Of course the universe exists, I mean cmon what kind of question is that ?
And yes I dont how it got here but no one does.

Then why do you discard the deity explanation. You have no rational reason do you? 

#60 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,430 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

Dwan Ev ceremoniously soldered the final connection with gold.

The eyes of a dozen television cameras watched him and the sub-ether bore throughout the universe a dozen pictures of what he was doing.
He straightened and nodded to Dwar Reyn, then moved to a position beside the switch that would complete the contact when he threw it.

The switch that would connect, all at once, all of the monster computing machines of all the populated planets in the universe -- ninety-six billion planets -- into the super-circuit that would connect them all into one super-calculator, one cybernetics machine that would combine all the knowledge of all the galaxies.
Dwar Reyn spoke briefly to the watching and listening trillions.

Then after a moment's silence he said, "Now, Dwar Ev."
Dwar Ev threw the switch.

There was a mighty hum, the surge of power from ninety-six billion planets.

Lights flashed and quieted along the miles-long panel.
Dwar Ev stepped back and drew a deep breath.

"The honour of asking the first question is yours, Dwar Reyn."
"Thank you," said Dwar Reyn.

"It shall be a question which no single cybernetics machine has been able to answer."
He turned to face the machine.

"Is there a God?"
The mighty voice answered without hesitation, without the clicking of a single relay.
"Yes, now there is a God."
Sudden fear flashed on the face of Dwar Ev.

He leaped to grab the switch.
A bolt of lightning from the cloudless sky struck him down and fused the switch shut.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 12 May 2017 - 08:51 PM.

Shit Creek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users