Rangers v Aberdeen

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,020 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

Last home game of the season tomorrow against the dandy dons.
Be a tight game I'm sure with Aberdeen looking to put in a performance. Played them 3 times and tbh I felt we have been better in all those games so maybe they will record a good victory here.

I cant see it however and think Rangers will be too strong. Put them under pressure and the game should be ours.

Not sure what the crowd will be as its a midweek game but would imagine it will be nearly full.....you would think anyway.

2-1 Rangers

#2 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:36 PM

Mcinnes after today's rant will be going all out for the win.

Hoping Pedro and the team can show that the Dons second place was handed to them (how many drawn games)?

Will be very tough and i can see tempers getting flared so hope the ref is up to standard.

As for attendance, can't see it being a full house. Against Hearts the attendance was given as 47 809, can't be true as it seemed to me 1/3rd of the ground was empty (watched on the Internet).

Would love a win just to calm McInnes before next season.

#3 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

Mcinnes after today's rant will be going all out for the win.

Hoping Pedro and the team can show that the Dons second place was handed to them (how many drawn games)?

Will be very tough and i can see tempers getting flared so hope the ref is up to standard.

As for attendance, can't see it being a full house. Against Hearts the attendance was given as 47 809, can't be true as it seemed to me 1/3rd of the ground was empty (watched on the Internet).

Would love a win just to calm McInnes before next season.

with 10 days to go before the Scottish Cup Final I'm sorry but Aberdeen dont give a fuck about this game!

Neither do Sky or BT Sport..........

#4 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,054 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

with 10 days to go before the Scottish Cup Final I'm sorry but Aberdeen dont give a fuck about this game!

Of course they do. They have Cup final places up for grabs and will want to keep their form up going into that game.

Rangers have nothing to play for. Many players have been told they are not needed for next season.

I can't see anything but an Aberdeen win against a demotivated Rangers. Then I remember just how poor Aberdeen are and it could be a long night.

Not surprised the TV are not interested. I am about as demotivated as the players. Just want this season to end

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#5 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

Of course they do. They have Cup final places up for grabs and will want to keep their form up going into that game.

Rangers have nothing to play for. Many players have been told they are not needed for next season.

I can't see anything but an Aberdeen win against a demotivated Rangers. Then I remember just how poor Aberdeen are and it could be a long night.

Not surprised the TV are not interested. I am about as demotivated as the players. Just want this season to end

I could name the Aberdeen cup final starting XI now!

For example Stockley will most likely start up front tonight I imagine and even if he plays well and scores, Rooney will start against Celtic

#6 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

Last home game of the season tomorrow against the dandy dons.
Be a tight game I'm sure with Aberdeen looking to put in a performance. Played them 3 times and tbh I felt we have been better in all those games so maybe they will record a good victory here.

I cant see it however and think Rangers will be too strong. Put them under pressure and the game should be ours.

Not sure what the crowd will be as its a midweek game but would imagine it will be nearly full.....you would think anyway.

2-1 Rangers

What makes you think Rangers will be too strong for them. We weren't too strong for a 10 man terrible Hearts team.

The Rangers players downed tools weeks ago and i wouldn't be at all surprised if Aberdeen do us tonight.

So I'll go 1-0 Rangers because i could never bring myself to tip those cunts.

#7 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,020 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

What makes you think Rangers will be too strong for them. We weren't too strong for a 10 man terrible Hearts team.
The Rangers players downed tools weeks ago and i wouldn't be at all surprised if Aberdeen do us tonight.
So I'll go 1-0 Rangers because i could never bring myself to tip those cunts.

Because I think we are a better team, against Hearts the players chucked ut after the red card.
Having seen us in all 3 games against Aberdeen I just think we are better or at least we play better than them when we play.

#8 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,271 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

Because I think we are a better team, against Hearts the players chucked ut after the red card.
Having seen us in all 3 games against Aberdeen I just think we are better or at least we play better than them when we play.

How can rangers be a better team? They are finishing above u
Das it mane , Das it.

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,185 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

The reason that the Gers v Aberdeen game is not being shown on Sky is due to their being no worthwhile outcome between them league position wise plus they want to show Celtic games as they go for an unbeaten season. BT appear to have used up their allocation of Premiership games and are down only to show play off games live from now to the end of the season.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,185 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

I'll give you that but over the season Aberdeen have been better.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#11 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,054 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

Aye but since wee Pedro came in we have won more points than them and gubbed them 3-0 in their own midden.

Just don't tell wee McInnes as he gets a little upset.😂

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,054 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

For the majority of the season they had a manager that was willing to change tactics when Plan A wasn't working.

They have had a manager that was willing to give new signings a run in the team.

They didn't have Mark Warburton.

McInnes has done well and may be in the running for the Celtic job this summer

#13 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,054 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

I could name the Aberdeen cup final starting XI now!

For example Stockley will most likely start up front tonight I imagine and even if he plays well and scores, Rooney will start against Celtic

1994 Rangers wrapped up the league weeks before final and took foot of the pedal and lost to a very poor Dundee United team.

2017 Rangers wrapped up league weeks before final and lost Cup Final to a poor Hibs team

This is why I have been fulsome in my praise for Celtic management and players in the way they have kept their performances up.

Aberdeen will not want that intensity to drop in the last few games. These games mean more to them than they do to us. They will be up for it tonight

#14 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,185 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

Aye but since wee Pedro came in we have won more points than them and gubbed them 3-0 in their own midden.

Just don't tell wee McInnes as he gets a little upset.

Wasn't aware of that Trav but couldn't argue the point. However it must be taken over the season & the sheep will finish in front of us.

Edited by black dog, 17 May 2017 - 03:31 PM.

#15 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,020 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

I think we are better Hoopz, sometines football is rather strange and nit quite black and white.........look at last year in the EPL for example.
L City won the league as something strange happened to the rest, sure they performed better over the season and finished above then all but no way on this green earth are/were they better than City, Utd, Chelsea etc.
Think most times the better team finishes higher but occasionally, rare occasions it doesnt happen like last year for example.

Anyway its what I think; you may think differently and Aberdeen are better but not for me. Understand the viewpoint if a team is higher of course.

#16 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,185 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:16 PM

I think we are better Hoopz, sometines football is rather strange and nit quite black and white.........look at last year in the EPL for example.
L City won the league as something strange happened to the rest, sure they performed better over the season and finished above then all but no way on this green earth are/were they better than City, Utd, Chelsea etc.
Think most times the better team finishes higher but occasionally, rare occasions it doesnt happen like last year for example.

Anyway its what I think; you may think differently and Aberdeen are better but not for me. Understand the viewpoint if a team is higher of course.

what else matters Cam ?

As for Leicester....of course during the season they were the best team....they won the EPL ffs. How can a better team finish below them? The form is based on the total games over a season.

#17 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,020 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:47 PM

9 times out of 10 I do agree the better team finishes on top, you are absolutely right dug but IMO sometimes things are not always black and white. We had been sitting in 2nd spot for the majority of this campaign, we had a horror few weeks where we lost 3 games in a row against the teams who are likely to be relegated and struggling to get points. Those teams, Ross County and Dundee for example are poor teams who on most days we would beat............they managed those victories during a turbulent time in the clubs season which resulted in the debacle with Weir and Warburton and having no manager for a period which resulted in a rather poor month for the team which resulted in Aberdeen catching us, then moving away from us.

That is not an excuse from me about Rangers but one reason that had resulted in Aberdeen going ahead at a crucial time in the season, not because they are better but because of circumstances that weighed heavily in their favour............of course this does not make me right but trying to share how I see the situation. Also played them 3 times and again IMO clearly the better team in all those games.

Can I ask you this Dug, and in no way will I read anything into what you say. Do you believe L City are were better than every team in the league last year, not perform better and do the business but actually have a better team than the likes of Chelsea, who were the champions and flirting with relegation until the strange "circumstance" surrounding JM came to a head. They have cantered the league this year with virtually the same team while L City have flirted with relegation with almost the same team.........no doubt L City will be near relegation  again next season while Chelsea will be close to the top, again with close to the same players as 2016 

#18 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,020 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:50 PM

Anyway going to head for the last game of the season at Ibrox...........think I will make a new thread about the wee situation spoken about above Dug, seems like there could be a decent discussion about it ?

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,185 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

9 times out of 10 I do agree the better team finishes on top, you are absolutely right dug but IMO sometimes things are not always black and white. We had been sitting in 2nd spot for the majority of this campaign, we had a horror few weeks where we lost 3 games in a row against the teams who are likely to be relegated and struggling to get points. Those teams, Ross County and Dundee for example are poor teams who on most days we would beat............they managed those victories during a turbulent time in the clubs season which resulted in the debacle with Weir and Warburton and having no manager for a period which resulted in a rather poor month for the team which resulted in Aberdeen catching us, then moving away from us.

That is not an excuse from me about Rangers but one reason that had resulted in Aberdeen going ahead at a crucial time in the season, not because they are better but because of circumstances that weighed heavily in their favour............of course this does not make me right but trying to share how I see the situation. Also played them 3 times and again IMO clearly the better team in all those games.

Can I ask you this Dug, and in no way will I read anything into what you say. Do you believe L City are were better than every team in the league last year, not perform better and do the business but actually have a better team than the likes of Chelsea, who were the champions and flirting with relegation until the strange "circumstance" surrounding JM came to a head. They have cantered the league this year with virtually the same team while L City have flirted with relegation with almost the same team.........no doubt L City will be near relegation  again next season while Chelsea will be close to the top, again with close to the same players as 2016 

It's quite simple Cam, very simple indeed. Every team has the same number of games to play during the league season and all play to gain the maximum amount of points that they can over the course of the season. Over last season Leicester gained more points than any other club and were rightly crowned EPL Champions. How you can say that they were NOT the best team last season is beyond me....seriously mate. As for the part I have highlighted, THAT is a totally different question because that is down to individual players whereas Leicester had a better team over the course. Circumstances are part and parcel of the game and cannot/should not be used to belittle another teams better performance.

#20 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,020 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

Confused, you say how can I say this team is better than that team and then go on to say the highlighted part is a different question as they have better players..................eh that's exactly what I'm saying !!!

Anyway not going to bog this down any more, you make perfect sense regarding your stance on it and I totally get why you would say it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users