• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,466 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

This has arguably been the best loanee we have ever had.

Stories circulating that Celtic have put their cards on table with £6.8m bid. Would be brilliant if this happened but Paddy may feel he has seen it and done it in Scottish football.

For me this is absolutely the right thing to do - there is no risk with spending this massive amount of money on this guy..

Got me thinking that with exception of Keane and Denayer I dont really remember others making their mark in the way Paddy has.

Who has been your club's best loan signing?

#2 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:16 AM

Stories circulating that Celtic have put their cards on table with £6.8m bid. Would be brilliant if this happened but Paddy may feel he has seen it and done it in Scottish football.

For me this is absolutely the right thing to do - there is no risk with spending this massive amount of money on this guy..

Got me thinking that with exception of Keane and Denayer I dont really remember others making their mark in the way Paddy has.

What's the maximum wage you can offer him? (i.e. Have City been contributing to it at the moment)

As it will come down to that I reckon, then Dembele will be wanting that, Captain Brown etc etc

#3 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:49 AM

What's the maximum wage you can offer him? (i.e. Have City been contributing to it at the moment)

As it will come down to that I reckon, then Dembele will be wanting that, Captain Brown etc etc

He's struggled to get picked by James Forrest for long spells which I find strange. Did he have an attitude maybe as he is better than that.

Chappy says it himself. He has seen it and done it at Celtic and if he has ambition he ll look to move back to City as soon as he can.

Mixed reports on what City paid. Some reports say as much as £12 million and others as low as £6 million . Was probably the 6 with add ons.

At the moment he is a million miles away from the City first team squad in my opinion but he seems a cocky wee guy and may fancy his chances.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#4 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

I was working that out in my head Gaffa, say he wanted £35k which is £10k higher than the top of our salary structure - that is £500k over the £1.25m current cap, which Brown, Dembelle and other top earners will want. Assume the first team squad of say 20 players get an average increase of even £5k p/w that is £ £100k per week or £5m pa so can see why clubs need to keep the salary structure they can afford

#5 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

Robbie Keane a success  :lol:

Dundee United won more that season than Robbie Keanes Celtic.

The only thing i remember about Keane is Kevin Thomson putting him firmly in his place. 

Oh and it was Keane that angered the Rangers players in the deciding league game between the clubs when he refused to give the ball back to the Rangers Keeper after a player had been given treatment. Put the ball out down at the corner flag at Rangers goal and encouraged all the Celtic players to push up and put us under pressure. It infuriated the Rangers players who had been happily playing out a boring 0-0 and fired them up which led to the Edu late winner.

An exceptionally expensive flop. Brought in to topple Rangers. St Mirren made more Cup Finals that season than Celtic  :lol:

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#6 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:03 PM

Denayer imo is the only one who done ok, Keane was an overpaid mistake.
Bellamy had done ok but even then way too much was set out for him to come and ultimately was another expenive mistake.

Roberts is undoubtedly the best loan signing, his ability alone far excedes any of those mentioned.

People say he does not have the ability to make that City squad are, excuse my tone, but they are talking out their arse.
He is more than capable of not only making the squad but getting in the first team. He is twice the player of guys like Navas, Ignacio and other players in that team.
He is also developing the grafting side to his game.......if there is a better player at dribbling than him in the entire UK then I have yet to see him.

Best loan signing for Rangers is easy......Steven Davis.

Outside the OF I would have to say Stokes when he went to Falkirk as a teenager and then the big goalie for Aberdeen....cant mind the name.

#7 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

Robbie Keane a success :lol:

The only thing i remember about Keane is Kevin Thomson putting him firmly in his place.

Oh and it was Keane that angered the Rangers players in the deciding league game between the clubs when he refused to give the ball back to the Rangers Keeper after a player had been given treatment. Put the ball out down at the corner flag at Rangers goal and encouraged all the Celtic players to push up and put us under pressure. It infuriated the Rangers players who had been happily playing out a boring 0-0 and fired them up which led to the Edu late winner.

An exceptionally expensive flop. Brought in to topple Rangers. St Mirren made more Cup Finals that season than Celtic :lol:

Same game david weir got away wae loads a fouls on keane?
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#8 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

Same game david weir got away wae loads a fouls on keane?

Ahhhh happy days. It was Kevin Thomson I remember putting Keane up in the air.

#9 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

Denayer imo is the only one who done ok, Keane was an overpaid mistake.
Bellamy had done ok but even then way too much was set out for him to come and ultimately was another expenive mistake.

Roberts is undoubtedly the best loan signing, his ability alone far excedes any of those mentioned.

People say he does not have the ability to make that City squad are, excuse my tone, but they are talking out their arse.
He is more than capable of not only making the squad but getting in the first team. He is twice the player of guys like Navas, Ignacio and other players in that team.
He is also developing the grafting side to his game.......if there is a better player at dribbling than him in the entire UK then I have yet to see him.

Best loan signing for Rangers is easy......Steven Davis.

Outside the OF I would have to say Stokes when he went to Falkirk as a teenager and then the big goalie for Aberdeen....cant mind the name.

Ffs Cam. Better than Navas??? Sorry but I watch City and he is absolutely nowhere near the player Navas is. James Forrest was keeping him out the Celtic team until recently!!

#10 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

Leigh Griffiths at Hibs has to be up there as one of the best loan deals.

FAO..When you say Ignacio are you meaning Iheanacho? 

#11 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

Ahhhh happy days. It was Kevin Thomson I remember putting Keane up in the air.

Picked him oor broony , where is tommo noo ;)

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

Picked him oor broony , where is tommo noo ;)

I know and it shows you how football can turn. I remember a Hibs fan telling me we got twice the player for half the money. Personally i liked Kevin Thomson and he did win a medals at Rangers. He played in Manchester did he not? Anyway injuries really halted his career and i hope he made enough while playing to be comfortable for the rest of his life.

Is he still at Hibs? 

Anyway KT wont have to look in the mirror every morning for the rest of his life despising the person looking back at him the way Broony will. No wonder Broony is such an angry wee guy   :P

#13 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Ffs Cam. Better than Navas??? Sorry but I watch City and he is absolutely nowhere near the player Navas is. James Forrest was keeping him out the Celtic team until recently!!

Aye, Navas is utter gash Trav.

Just because Roberts is playing for Celtic doesnt mean he is rubbish.

#14 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

Read what i said about him. To me he is a City player so i wish him well wherever he ends up. The same with Denayer. Cracking big player.

Navas is on a completely different level to Roberts at the moment. I know Dug will say it is all about opinions but in this case they are so far apart i am assuming you just haven't seen enough of Navas. I believe Navas has been offered an extension to his contract which would suggest there is no place for Roberts. As for Navas being Gash. Were you at Ibrox the night he destroyed us in the Champions League? 

Still no answer to why James Forrest kept Roberts out the Celtic team. I can only think it was something to do with his attitude as Roberts , for me , is by far the better player

When you said Ignacio did you mean Kelechi Iheanacho? 

#15 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:46 PM

Forrest keeping him out the team is a simple one to answer, down to work rate. Roberts tracking back is pretty poor but he is improving on that front...........Forrest on the other hand puts in a shift, lacks the quality but his work rate is excellent.

I think you are right, Navas was on a different level to Roberts but right here and now he is not, living off his past IMO and his only asset is his pace which is also his biggest downfall as he relies on this alone to impact on games and in the EPL the players are similar in terms of pace so he has no advantage.

I have actually seen a fair bit of Navas, well any time I'm at my brother in law he watches that shit down south and is also a big city fan since he was a young lad..........he does not rate Navas at all and views him in a similar fashion to me, and he likes City !!!

Be interested to hear what LB or Norn thinks of his ability seeing as they support the big team in Manchester.

I did mean Iheanacho, think its pronounced the way I had written it although not sure tbh.

Anyway as you say its all down to opinon, I think not only is Roberts good enough for that City squad but also better than in the team fighting for the same positon.

#16 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

Robbie Keane a success  :lol:

An exceptionally expensive flop. Brought in to topple Rangers. St Mirren made more Cup Finals that season than Celtic  :lol:

why did it take you the second post to crtiticise Keane? You read it first time made no comment then went back with your selective memory and had a wee dig? Interested to hear why

Keane scored in a game against Rangers that we won - yup he got fouled a lot by Rangers players but hey ho, some things never change.

The reason he was a success imo was that he scored regularly, was no Billy Bigbaws and won player of the year from Celtic support. I would also seriously pump his wife. Yup not a successful season as a team, but that wasn't what i was asking. He also cost us no more than the £25k or so capped salary. The rest was picked up by our chairman from the loose change in his pocket

#17 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

agree to both Camshy.

Have to say he is the best dribbler I have seen in the flesh in a Celtic top. Outstanding footwork at times. Interesting to see how his career goes

#18 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

why did it take you the second post to crtiticise Keane? You read it first time made no comment then went back with your selective memory and had a wee dig? Interested to hear why

Keane scored in a game against Rangers that we won - yup he got fouled a lot by Rangers players but hey ho, some things never change.

The reason he was a success imo was that he scored regularly, was no Billy Bigbaws and won player of the year from Celtic support. I would also seriously pump his wife. Yup not a successful season as a team, but that wasn't what i was asking. He also cost us no more than the £25k or so capped salary. The rest was picked up by our chairman from the loose change in his pocket

you enjoy your wee digs yourself Chappy (highlighted) so you shouldn't be surprised when you are on the receiving side......must be good to have a side that don't reciprocate such terrible behaviour.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#19 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

you enjoy your wee digs yourself Chappy (highlighted) so you shouldn't be surprised when you are on the receiving side......must be good to have a side that don't reciprocate such terrible behaviour.

:shock: :arrow: :angel:

#20 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

agree to both Camshy.

Have to say he is the best dribbler I have seen in the flesh in a Celtic top. Outstanding footwork at times. Interesting to see how his career goes

Better than di canio ? Moravcik ?

Edited by Hoopz, 20 May 2017 - 04:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users