Coming season

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,305 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

Celtic -  Well what a season it has been for Brendan Rodgers Celtic, managing to go through the season undefeated is something else. People can say what they like about the quality in the league but I think its rather impressive the level of consistency shown by the players. When you consider how poor Celtic were last season compared to right now it is a different team.

Difficult to find anywhere to criticise and the only place I can see any is the start of the season when Celtic looked vulnerable and limped over the line into the CL, they managed it though and went from strength to strength and it will be interesting to see how they cope in next seasons assault on Europe with an extra year together playing. Never been a better time to be a Celtic fan.

Aberdeen - Compared to other seasons this one was a little damp IMO, sure on paper the Dons put in that effort and finished runners up in all competitions so in that sense DM has worked wonders but I cant help feel its been a disappointing one for them. They would have hoped to close that gap on Celtic and while they were in both cup finals they lost the first one in convincing style while pushing close for the Scottish. The league is where they faltered though having finished miles, like everyone else, behind Celtic.

Can DM galvanise this team and make another push on all fronts to challenge Celtic

Rangers - Some will say its been a decent season for Rangers as they had just been promoted but I don't buy into that way of thinking, sure a newly promoted team would be doing well but when its this team in question that changes it a little. Been disastrous from start to finish with a number of poor decisions and bad signings, new manager coming in 3/4 of the season with all the media circus surrounding MW and DW.

Will the new man be able to mount a better challenge, more tough times ahead I think.

St Johnstone - A rather impressive season for TWs team and I hope they keep the progress going. Solid team given the budget and resources they have with a number of good results in the league and a strong finish in the table securing European football.

Hearts - It looked like it was going to be a good season for the Jambos and another "what if". Losing RN at a crucial time of the season really knocked the stuffing out the team and add in the loss of several key first team players and this season has been one to forget for the Jambos, soo much so it has even effected the impressive numbers turning up to games home and away. Next season IC will look to really make his mark and the Jambos find themselves in a similar position to Rangers, certain level of expectation with little time to gel a new team together will be difficult to assemble

Partick Thistle - Been a very good season for the jags and Im surprised they haven't finished a little higher given the excellent performances through the season, squad size having an impact on their ability to push a little higher in the table but on the pitch they have been good.

The rest have really been battling it out and for a while the teams in relegation zone was changing every week with ICT being the team going down, Hamilton ofcourse securing their status in the league and Hibs gaining promotion. The Hibees could have a rather good season and I'm sure NL will have them up for most games.

#2 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 11,855 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:48 PM

Read through all that waiting 2 see hoops chances of beating me in predictor but couldny find it.

#3 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

Read through all that waiting 2 see hoops chances of beating me in predictor but couldny find it.

i dont think any of us past winners have managed to retain the title. . .Hoopz yet to win it so next year I think we'll see a genuine challenge from the mega quads muscle bound punter.

#4 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

Celtic - Well what a season it has been for Brendan Rodgers Celtic, managing to go through the season undefeated is something else. People can say what they like about the quality in the league but I think its rather impressive the level of consistency shown by the players. When you consider how poor Celtic were last season compared to right now it is a different team.
Difficult to find anywhere to criticise and the only place I can see any is the start of the season when Celtic looked vulnerable and limped over the line into the CL, they managed it though and went from strength to strength and it will be interesting to see how they cope in next seasons assault on Europe with an extra year together playing. Never been a better time to be a Celtic fan.

Aberdeen - Compared to other seasons this one was a little damp IMO, sure on paper the Dons put in that effort and finished runners up in all competitions so in that sense DM has worked wonders but I cant help feel its been a disappointing one for them. They would have hoped to close that gap on Celtic and while they were in both cup finals they lost the first one in convincing style while pushing close for the Scottish. The league is where they faltered though having finished miles, like everyone else, behind Celtic.
Can DM galvanise this team and make another push on all fronts to challenge Celtic

Rangers - Some will say its been a decent season for Rangers as they had just been promoted but I don't buy into that way of thinking, sure a newly promoted team would be doing well but when its this team in question that changes it a little. Been disastrous from start to finish with a number of poor decisions and bad signings, new manager coming in 3/4 of the season with all the media circus surrounding MW and DW.
Will the new man be able to mount a better challenge, more tough times ahead I think.

St Johnstone - A rather impressive season for TWs team and I hope they keep the progress going. Solid team given the budget and resources they have with a number of good results in the league and a strong finish in the table securing European football.

Hearts - It looked like it was going to be a good season for the Jambos and another "what if". Losing RN at a crucial time of the season really knocked the stuffing out the team and add in the loss of several key first team players and this season has been one to forget for the Jambos, soo much so it has even effected the impressive numbers turning up to games home and away. Next season IC will look to really make his mark and the Jambos find themselves in a similar position to Rangers, certain level of expectation with little time to gel a new team together will be difficult to assemble

Partick Thistle - Been a very good season for the jags and Im surprised they haven't finished a little higher given the excellent performances through the season, squad size having an impact on their ability to push a little higher in the table but on the pitch they have been good.

The rest have really been battling it out and for a while the teams in relegation zone was changing every week with ICT being the team going down, Hamilton ofcourse securing their status in the league and Hibs gaining promotion. The Hibees could have a rather good season and I'm sure NL will have them up for most games.

admit you got fed up typing half way through Camshy 🎃

Edited by Elchappy, 29 May 2017 - 08:52 PM.

#5 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,307 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:05 PM

For us( and me personally ) its win the title firstly , we wont hit what we did this season points wise and we will lose so not expecting a repeat.

Getting through these qualifiers is a must but who knows who we will get in it and nots a gimme , but we should do it and try improve in the group from what we done last year , i would be delighted with the league and Scottish cup and a decent run in europe.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#6 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,305 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

@ Chappy....................was it that obvious ha ha

#7 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,499 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

For us( and me personally ) its win the title firstly , we wont hit what we did this season points wise and we will lose so not expecting a repeat.

Getting through these qualifiers is a must but who knows who we will get in it and nots a gimme , but we should do it and try improve in the group from what we done last year , i would be delighted with the league and Scottish cup and a decent run in europe.

Unless Rangers doing something remarkable in the transfer market Celtics most important games of the season will all be played on July and beginning of August.

If Celtic make the group stages they would be very unfortunate to get a group like they did last season.

If they do find it as easy as they did domestically this season , and I have seen little to suggest otherwise, then they will find it increasingly difficult to attract players , keep players and management.

I am convinced Celtic will come back to the pack rather than the pack catching them up which is not great for the game in Scotland as a whole

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#8 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

Celtic will stroll it...... exciting times.
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#9 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,499 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

Celtic will stroll it...... exciting times.

Dundee United did win a Cup so successful season for them. That's what it's all about 😂😂

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#10 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,532 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

Dundee United did win a Cup so successful season for them. That's what it's all about

Take a bow DU....... :D
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users