Photo

Huddersfield lift a trophy at Wembly......

36 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 32,223 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:01 PM

I assume Newcastle got a trophy for winning the Championship...... so what's this one called?

Did Brighton get one?
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#2 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,251 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

Do you get a trophy, I thought the prestige of getting into the EPL would be enough.............and the 100s of millions that wee team will now be getting should soften the blow if they have no silverware

#3 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,223 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

Do you get a trophy, I thought the prestige of getting into the EPL would be enough.............and the 100s of millions that wee team will now be getting should soften the blow if they have no silverware

Ahh...... you can't mock the money tree now.

You sold out to the CL.
Posted Image

#4 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,303 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

Yes, strange to get awarded a trophy for this.

It is some sort of final but all the same!!!

#5 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,611 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

At last a decent German manager in the EPL :-D 

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#6 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,223 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

At last a decent German manager in the EPL :-D

:lol:
Posted Image

#7 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

Huddersfield and bournemouth. Avg attendance between them 32000. Has there ever been two more lower league teams playing in the Premiership?
FFS the biggest and best league in the world

#8 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,611 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:17 PM

Huddersfield and bournemouth. Avg attendance between them 32000. Has there ever been two more lower league teams playing in the Premiership?

Where does it say in the rule book you can't be in the EPL if you're a small club?

They actually deserve huge credit for getting there

Remember Wimbledon in the 80's and 90's Chappy,average crowds of about 6000?

Of all posters on here you defo shocked me with that one

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#9 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,223 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

Football snobbery...

What happened to a game for all, would you seed teams rather than base it on results.

Modern day football fan.
Posted Image

#10 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,611 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:47 PM

Screenshot_2017-05-30-00-42-22-1.png

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,405 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:14 AM

I watched this game yesterday and it was utter crap....quality & skill....zero points apart from two players, both midfielders......Danny Williams of Reading and a lad Mooys for Hudders. Huddersfield will definitely have to seriously up their game next season to get even a sniff of staying up.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,296 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

I watched this game yesterday and it was utter crap....quality & skill....zero points apart from two players, both midfielders......Danny Williams of Reading and a lad Mooys for Hudders. Huddersfield will definitely have to seriously up their game next season to get even a sniff of staying up.

Aaron Mooy is on loan from City. Seems he is doing well. He was with St Mirren for a season or two and I think he went back to Australia after that. Was linked with Rangers a couple of times but obviously nothing came of it. Looks like one that got away.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#13 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,405 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

Aaron Mooy is on loan from City. Seems he is doing well. He was with St Mirren for a season or two and I think he went back to Australia after that. Was linked with Rangers a couple of times but obviously nothing came of it. Looks like one that got away.

Didn't know that about City Trav....good player. Australia eh ? Better not let Hairy or Bastion know about that one..... ;)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#14 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,296 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:48 AM

Didn't know that about City Trav....good player. Australia eh ? Better not let Hairy or Bastion know about that one..... ;)

Would you believe there were posters on Follow Follow who didn't want him at Ibrox!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,405 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

Would you believe there were posters on Follow Follow who didn't want him at Ibrox!!

Any particular reason ? That's the only time I've seen him but looked a player.

#16 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,296 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

Any particular reason ? That's the only time I've seen him but looked a player.

Failed at St Mirren. Not true he did well enough.

He only looked good in Australian League. Nonsense he was an international in a better team than Scotland

But mainly down to Follow Followers believing 2012-2017 never happened and they still think we should only sign high profile proven internationals in their prime

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,405 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Failed at St Mirren. Not true he did well enough.

He only looked good in Australian League. Nonsense he was an international in a better team than Scotland

But mainly down to Follow Followers believing 2012-2017 never happened and they still think we should only sign high profile proven internationals in their prime

do you watch any of the A-League ? Excellent standard.

#18 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,296 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

do you watch any of the A-League ? Excellent standard.

Of course I do and guess who I follow 😏

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,405 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

Of course I do and guess who I follow

One of the Melbourne sides ?

#20 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

remember Wimbledon - course I do. This team had characters - mostly English ones. Where are they now though?

I know fine well how football works and that teams get there on merit in terms of points won. Well that's how it was now it is the backing of some benefactor who sees these teams as a play thing - a must have accessory.

Sorry but these teams devalue the staus of the biggest and best league in the world, Huddersfield v WBA weill have them packed in at the rafters that's for sure.

Still a guaranteed 6 points for most teams next season - could be the lowest ever points score for a Premiership team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users