Photo

Huddersfield lift a trophy at Wembly......

36 replies to this topic

#21 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,466 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:58 PM

that'll keep a few hundred happy (in reply to Norns £100 post - on work laptop on train and not allowing me to provide quotes )

Edited by Elchappy, 31 May 2017 - 05:59 PM.

#22 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,600 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

that'll keep a few hundred happy (in reply to Norns £100 post - on work laptop on train and not allowing me to provide quotes )

17000 ST's have been sold already at the  family affordable price of £199.brilliant,about a tenner a match

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#23 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,216 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:07 PM

remember Wimbledon - course I do. This team had characters - mostly English ones. Where are they now though?

I know fine well how football works and that teams get there on merit in terms of points won. Well that's how it was now it is the backing of some benefactor who sees these teams as a play thing - a must have accessory.

Sorry but these teams devalue the staus of the biggest and best league in the world, Huddersfield v WBA weill have them packed in at the rafters that's for sure.

Still a guaranteed 6 points for most teams next season - could be the lowest ever points score for a Premiership team

To be fair Chaps..... they'd tank Celtic.

And they won their league by a country mile.
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#24 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,600 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

remember Wimbledon - course I do. This team had characters - mostly English ones. Where are they now though?

I know fine well how football works and that teams get there on merit in terms of points won. Well that's how it was now it is the backing of some benefactor who sees these teams as a play thing - a must have accessory.

Sorry but these teams devalue the staus of the biggest and best league in the world, Huddersfield v WBA weill have them packed in at the rafters that's for sure.

Still a guaranteed 6 points for most teams next season - could be the lowest ever points score for a Premiership team

Huddersfield's games will be 25k sellouts next season

I bet you said the same about Bournemouth

You criticised H'field and B'mouth due to the size of their support

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#25 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,600 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

The Huddersfield owner has been a local fan since 1979,a multi millionaire but definitely not his little play thing

#26 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,032 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

:lol:
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#27 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,300 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Any truth in the rumors that a few English 1st division and Championship teams are asking for a move up to the SPL?

Champions league and Euro league football would be guaranteed apparently. Not to mention the bigger all round attendances.  

#28 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:30 PM

if man city failed to tank Celtic. I have my doubts. With the wages they will be paying they should though.

Huddersfield didn't win any league LB

#29 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

Huddersfield's games will be 25k sellouts next season

I bet you said the same about Bournemouth

You criticised H'field and B'mouth due to the size of their support

they add nothing to the league other than curiosity. Burnley and Sunderland had large numbers of season tickets sold but well in to the season they were playing to half empty stadia.

#30 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,600 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

they add nothing to the league other than curiosity. Burnley and Sunderland had large numbers of season tickets sold but well in to the season they were playing to half empty stadia.

Sunderland average about38-40k....holds 48k

There defo wasn't half empty Turf Moor

#31 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,216 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

if man city failed to tank Celtic. I have my doubts. With the wages they will be paying they should though.
Huddersfield didn't win any league LB

Celtic won their league by a country mile Chaps......

And Huddersfield v Celtic would be like Israel v Palestine, you'd be getting one up the ass.
Posted Image

#32 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,032 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

Celtic won their league by a country mile Chaps......

And Huddersfield v Celtic would be like Israel v Palestine, you'd be getting one up the ass.

i love your style young chap lol

#33 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,216 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

i love your style young chap lol

Up the bum, no babies.....
Posted Image

#34 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,032 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:42 PM

Up the bum, no babies.....

:clap:  :lolno:  :lol:  :rofl:

haha

#35 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:26 AM

Sunderland average about38-40k....holds 48k

There defo wasn't half empty Turf Moor

There was no way Sunderland averaged 38-40. Gave the corwds as season books sold . . .it was my point start of new season all rosy but then after seeing their team getting gubbed week after week the crowds dropped quite markedly.

Match of the day often showed Turf Moor - and these are only two examples - of the stands with a helluva lot of empty seats.

Look mate bump this thread in December and show me my opinion was wrong - don't have a problem if it turns ot I get it wrong. (I'll just deny and deflect) :)

#36 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:48 AM

It doesn't matter who the team is, stadium size, average crowds....each and every team that is promoted have done it on merit. Whether some think they bring nothing to the league, well that, imo, is a one dimensional outlook. Years ago we tried something up here when the criteria for being allowed promotion was to have a 10,000 all seater stadium....well that went down like a lead fart. Look at a lot of stadiums in the SPL now....half empty.....should these teams be demoted or because of their performances be allowed to remain where they are or be promoted?

The reward for being promoted, outwith the obvious financial boost, is....the opportunity to play at the highest level in English football and no team should be denied that opportunity.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#37 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,216 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Huddersfield and bournemouth. Avg attendance between them 32000. Has there ever been two more lower league teams playing in the Premiership?
FFS the biggest and best league in the world

Doing alright though?.....

Fucking brilliant, fair fucks to them
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users