Photo

Which is the bigger threat climate change v terrorism?

41 replies to this topic

Poll: Climate change v Terrorism? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the bigger threat climate change v terrorism?

1. Climate Change (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. Terrorism (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stuart Sutherland

Stuart Sutherland

Veteran

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:15 PM

query:- climate change v terrorism which is the biggest threat OVERALL?

QUOTE;- Both are the biggest changes the world is facing today.However,in my personal opinion, climate change is far more dreadful than terrorism.Terrorism is limited to certain regions and can be wiped away just in days while climate change is affecting the whole world. Terrorism is mainly a danger for humans while climate change will kill the all diversity present on the Blue planet.

UR THOUGHTS

#2 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

Climate change for the same reason as you state

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

#3 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,857 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 09:08 PM

Best question you have raised IMO Stuart.

It quite simply has to be climate change, the effects are drastic and would take a rather long time to adjust back to normal levels. With the population of the world increasing like there is no tomorrow resources and land is being used up with more of the vital jobs nature does in the world which in turn changes the climate.

Only 100 years ago there was more people that live in China than there was the whole world...............100 years, fucking what will it be like in another 100 years !

#4 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:24 PM

For me one of the most biggest and dangerous threats in today's world is certainly terrorism.

Climate change is secondary, and certainly even further down the list of threats facing future generations.

PS, your thread is shit and reaps of baba cool hypocrisy.

"Terrorism is limited to certain regions and can be wiped away just in days" please explain this thoughtless phrase and how it will or could be done?

#5 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,857 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:00 PM

Terrorism certainly cant be dealt with in days due to the numbers involved but over time they can be dealt with.

The climate however can not be dealt with and if things turn out bad then there will be no people on the planet so this issue simply has to be the far greater concern. Dont think people realise the fragilty the planet is in with melting polar caps, reduced rain forrest and trees elsewhere which in turn makes the weather far more unpredictable and dangerous while temperatures are rising, air being polluted with ever more people and this is happening everywhere on the planet.......ok its not going to happen tomorrow but studies have shown an alarming change in weather patterns over a period of 50 years that would normally take 10s of thousands of years to have the same change.

#6 noidea

noidea

International

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:56 AM

Climate Change happens all the time. It is not man made. We have to adapt to it. You can't adapt to terrorism. 

#7 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,857 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

Climate Change happens all the time. It is not man made. We have to adapt to it. You can't adapt to terrorism.

You are wrong, well kind off. In the past yes it has been a natural phase and cycle that earths atmosphere and climate goes through but this takes a very long time, hundreds hf thousands of years and even millions of years for this cycle to happen.......right now the changes in climate, gases in the air, temperature are rapidly increasing. What would normally take a rather long time is happening at a rate never seen before, the cause of that rapid change of the climates cycle is down to mans careless and wreckless use of fossil fuels polluting the air, cutting down vast areas of forrest which give us the vital air we breath while creating a stable weather environment for the planet which maintains a steady climate.
This all has a catastrophic impact on the fragile workings of the planet and man is the sole cause of these negative and quick changes.

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 67,368 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:41 AM

terrorism all day long. Funnily enough the term 'Global Warming' was dropped in favour of 'Climate Change'......Of course climates change, always has done, but I will never be convinced by the gloom and doom merchants that it is all down to mankind! The Tree huggers will produce facts/evidence and the non believers can easily and have countered that. Climate change + squeezing more and more money out of the gullible populations....of course unless you're from some African country then the UK will pay for whatever you require!

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#9 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 17,658 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

Is climate change another big hoax?

http://www.americant..._polar_ice.html

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#10 Donald

Donald

Veteran

• Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

Over 90% of scientists agree that climate change is real, is predominantly caused by humans and will have a catastrophic effect on our planet if we don't do something about it now. This isn't doom and gloom merchants trying to scare us into giving them money and the potential effect, not on us old people but our children and grandchildren is secondary to nothing in terms of importance. Think of any scientific body that you have heard of and might trust and see what their opinion of climate change is. The consensus is there.

Do you not think that any reputable scientific organisation that could prove otherwise would achieve unbelievable levels of fame and fortune. Many scientists are being given big money to disprove climate change and to date they have come up with nothing. That's because the current scientific theory is confirmed again and again by all that test it. 

The facts are undeniable and to do so puts you in the company of the flat earth society, those that still believe in Santa, Nessie and that the earth is the centre of the universe. Oh and Donald Trump. Does anyone really want to look as stupid as Donald Trump?

Terrorism has always been there.The causes change but there are always going to be people who are willing to die and murder others for their beliefs (usually religious based). The modern day consequences are tragic for those involved and are designed to put fear in all of us but terrorism isn't a threat to our existence. The current causes for terrorism will end in a few years and will no doubt be followed by something else and that will go on and on until climate change destroys our whole planet.  

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,368 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

Don't give a monkey's chuff what anybody says...it's a con, a huge financial con. We the public are being targeted with numerous, constant 'green' initiatives which always but always cost a fortune and who pays ? Us the public. I certainly don't believe in a flat earth, Santa, a Loch Ness monster (but it may still appear) and to suggest that I, and others who hold the same opinion must is an insulting statement to make. I am not stupid because I hold such an opinion which no amount of 'pro climate change data' shoved in my face will make me alter it. Donald Trump stupid ? Oh aye....just became President of the USA and rich beyond your wildest dreams.....some kinda stupidity that eh?.......Those that believe it to be true....your prerogative & fair enough but keep your insults to within your own kind....thank you very much!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#12 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,857 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Don't give a monkey's chuff what anybody says...it's a con, a huge financial con. We the public are being targeted with numerous, constant 'green' initiatives which always but always cost a fortune and who pays ? Us the public. I certainly don't believe in a flat earth, Santa, a Loch Ness monster (but it may still appear) and to suggest that I, and others who hold the same opinion must is an insulting statement to make. I am not stupid because I hold such an opinion which no amount of 'pro climate change data' shoved in my face will make me alter it. Donald Trump stupid ? Oh aye....just became President of the USA and rich beyond your wildest dreams.....some kinda stupidity that eh?.......Those that believe it to be true....your prerogative & fair enough but keep your insults to within your own kind....thank you very much!

I certainly know you are not stupid Dug, tell too many clever jokes that fly over Hoopz head ( and mine ;-) ) but I feel your stubborness is getting in the way here.
I do agree with you that there will be an element that will be looking to gain financially but I think there is far more to gain financially if we are to continue harming the planet so really it makes little difference as money will be made either way.

In any case regardless of people motives the evidence is over whelming and climate change is without doubt being brought on by mans effect on the fragile eco system.

Chop down trees in one part and it effects another area in the planet, this has been shown through hard science, data collected, Ice samples collected that are tens of thousands of years old, rocks sampled which all show the level of gases in the air and temperatures of the earth during that period.

I understand you might think terrorism is a bigger problem and thats ok Im fine with that but you can not say climate change is a fabricated lie.

#13 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 6,857 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

Btw not having a go at you dug

#14 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,368 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

I certainly know you are not stupid Dug, tell too many clever jokes that fly over Hoopz head ( and mine ;-) ) but I feel your stubborness is getting in the way here.
I do agree with you that there will be an element that will be looking to gain financially but I think there is far more to gain financially if we are to continue harming the planet so really it makes little difference as money will be made either way.

In any case regardless of people motives the evidence is over whelming and climate change is without doubt being brought on by mans effect on the fragile eco system.

Chop down trees in one part and it effects another area in the planet, this has been shown through hard science, data collected, Ice samples collected that are tens of thousands of years old, rocks sampled which all show the level of gases in the air and temperatures of the earth during that period.

I understand you might think terrorism is a bigger problem and thats ok Im fine with that but you can not say climate change is a fabricated lie.

Yes I can Cam....I haven't indulged in reading about it for some time but for a good while I did and for every 'pro-climate change' evidential report there was another refuting it. Because I hold a differing view from the 'pros' does not make me stubborn....I would say 'wise'! Yes I am sceptical...very very sceptical as to what 'taken in' politicians and global warming...sorry, climate change mongers that to do nothing means armageddon. Sorry mate, neither you nor the most eminent scientist in the history of eminent scientists will ever make me believe that this 'craze' is anything but a financial con via Governments which then floods down to the public who are the last (only) line of financial defence!

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,368 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:35 PM

Btw not having a go at you dug

I know mate.....we're sweet.

#16 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:20 PM

Is climate change totally bad, or is there advantages?

Might PM the Panda and have him spend the month of June reading up on it and forming an opinion........
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,368 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

Is climate change totally bad, or is there advantages?

Might PM the Panda and have him spend the month of June reading up on it and forming an opinion........

I take it you have wind turbines/farms in Norn iron ?

#18 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

I take it you have wind turbines/farms in Norn iron ?

Funnily enough they have just opened a huge solar field up the road.....

Occasional Turbines....
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,368 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Occasional Turbines....

Either way you shall be paying subsidies via your electricity bill for these suppliers in the name of green energy.....to combat global warming....climate change.

#20 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,368 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:18 PM

Occasional Turbines....

just for your info mate.....found this...

http://www.belfastte...s-29831716.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users