Photo

Which is the bigger threat climate change v terrorism?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Climate change v Terrorism? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is the bigger threat climate change v terrorism?

1. Climate Change (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. Terrorism (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Donald

Donald

Veteran

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:34 AM

Here's an interesting article if you want to have a read....seems that not every country is willing to 'change' their outlook on emissions without, ahem...some kind of inducement. Surely not with something so serious at stake...

http://www.washingto...nations-wealth/

Here's an article with the thoughts of a former NOAA employee who spearheaded the climate data records programme & who had a 40 year career in meteorology & climate science.....

Developing countries need reliable energy sources to lift them out of poverty and have 2 potential ways to do this. Relatively cheap use of fossil fuels is the easiest and most reliable way but will destroy the planet so rich, developed countries said they would give them money to develop more costly (in the short term) renewable sources of energy i.e. solar, wind and tidal. Giving this money wasn't just the developed nations being generous it had 2 main consequences. 1. It helped potentially save the planet, mankind and all other living things. And 2, the only way for developing nations to access the technology to use renewable energy is to buy them of developed countries. America was going to invest billions into the Paris Agreement but was fully expecting to get big chunks of that money back to develop cheaper and more efficient usage of renewable energy at home which they could sell around the world. This is part of the reason most economists think Trumps withdrawal was such a stupid move. They all acknowledge that renewable energy is the future and as it will be the EU and China now taking the lead in this the US will suffer big time in the long run.

Preventing the destruction of the planet is not going to be cheap or easy, that's why if politicians could avoid it they would, but money spent will be the most important, best and most productive investment countries ever make.

And the Mail article highlighting errors in the IPCC's report and other scientists questioning CC shows that the principles behind science are working. Scientists have to question theories and research, they have to put forward alternative views that can also be tested and if found to be more accurate can change the entire way we look at the world. As I said 90+% of scientists and experts who review the information agree that CC is real and caused by man. That leaves up to 10% who disagree and rightfully voice there concerns.

When that 10 ish % convince the 90+ ish % I promise you I will change my views. It sounds like you are convinced by the 10% and won't change your mind no matter what. Maybe we should add CC to religion, politics and football to the list of topics that should never be discussed.

Think I'll head over to the topic about God now.

#42 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 69,461 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:44 AM

Here's an interesting article if you want to have a read....seems that not every country is willing to 'change' their outlook on emissions without, ahem...some kind of inducement. Surely not with something so serious at stake...

Here's an article with the thoughts of a former NOAA employee who spearheaded the climate data records programme & who had a 40 year career in meteorology & climate science.....

Developing countries need reliable energy sources to lift them out of poverty and have 2 potential ways to do this. Relatively cheap use of fossil fuels is the easiest and most reliable way but will destroy the planet so rich, developed countries said they would give them money to develop more costly (in the short term) renewable sources of energy i.e. solar, wind and tidal. Giving this money wasn't just the developed nations being generous it had 2 main consequences. 1. It helped potentially save the planet, mankind and all other living things. And 2, the only way for developing nations to access the technology to use renewable energy is to buy them of developed countries. America was going to invest billions into the Paris Agreement but was fully expecting to get big chunks of that money back to develop cheaper and more efficient usage of renewable energy at home which they could sell around the world. This is part of the reason most economists think Trumps withdrawal was such a stupid move. They all acknowledge that renewable energy is the future and as it will be the EU and China now taking the lead in this the US will suffer big time in the long run.

Preventing the destruction of the planet is not going to be cheap or easy, that's why if politicians could avoid it they would, but money spent will be the most important, best and most productive investment countries ever make.

And the Mail article highlighting errors in the IPCC's report and other scientists questioning CC shows that the principles behind science are working. Scientists have to question theories and research, they have to put forward alternative views that can also be tested and if found to be more accurate can change the entire way we look at the world. As I said 90+% of scientists and experts who review the information agree that CC is real and caused by man. That leaves up to 10% who disagree and rightfully voice there concerns.

When that 10 ish % convince the 90+ ish % I promise you I will change my views. It sounds like you are convinced by the 10% and won't change your mind no matter what. Maybe we should add CC to religion, politics and football to the list of topics that should never be discussed.

Think I'll head over to the topic about God now.

God bless you Donald....

PS we have to keep the Politics going....gives a lot of us such a good laugh mate.

Edited by black dog, 10 June 2017 - 05:45 AM.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users