110 replies to this topic

#101 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,972 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

Don't believe ye have Dug....... you've been round many a corner mate :D

I could get my day in rightly wandering about the streets.....

seriously mate....was a great job during decent weather....rain & snow it was shit. Weight just fell off me....cost a fortune getting new clothes. Only prob was that it was part time so left for HMRC full time...............weight piled back on.......... :lol:

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#102 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

Take a look at @pele1888's Tweet: https://twitter.com/...3762129920?s=09
Glasgow today

I'm sure Glasgow police will be paying a visit to this ballbeg.....10 likes as well

Screenshot_2017-07-02-11-00-28-1.png

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#103 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:22 PM

I'm sure Glasgow police will be paying a visit to this ballbeg.....10 likes as well
attachicon.gifScreenshot_2017-07-02-11-00-28-1.png

Going through Twitter and folk who posted on here, you certainly get a feeling of intolerance towards folk on this island with British/protestant background......

Makes more sense now, why Celtic prefer to keep the bigots at home.

#104 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

Going through Twitter and folk who posted on here, you certainly get a feeling of intolerance towards folk on this island with British/protestant background......

Makes more sense now, why Celtic prefer to keep the bigots at home.

dont wish death on any of them , nor my prod pals , i do deteste the orange order and the hangers on , ma pals say its tradition i say nah ye can move on , hold oranger or hibs bashes in a big arena then everyone is happy , cant go either.

uproar if that happened tho
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#105 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:47 PM

dont wish death on any of them , nor my prod pals , i do deteste the orange order and the hangers on , ma pals say its tradition i say nah ye can move on , hold oranger or hibs bashes in a big arena then everyone is happy , cant go either.
uproar if that happened tho

They both attract a bad element, drink seems to have become part of the culture over the years, to the point, were it ain't a family occasion,
Maybe being unkind, as I know they are trying to make it Orangefest now, were they try to promote bouncy castles over the blue beg brigade (carryouts used to be served in blue begs here).....

I haven't took my kids to a Twelth parade here yet, might this year,
It is important that they know their own background, they are British and don't let other Irish/Oirish look down or sneer at them because of it.

#106 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:59 PM

I go up to Rossnowlagh here in Donegal fairly often to see the parade there to take photographs and talk to some of the older ones and here their stories such as if a drum skin goes one being borrowed from the hibs and the crest hidden with lillies. Four of my kids played in a marching band here and their music teacher was in the OO. Totally different environment than say Glasgow boys with GAA on tops mixing with everone else. A real feeling of a family day and not the same sense of triumphalism.

#107 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:05 PM

I go up to Rossnowlagh here in Donegal fairly often to see the parade there to take photographs and talk to some of the older ones and here their stories such as if a drum skin goes one being borrowed from the hibs and the crest hidden with lillies. Four of my kids played in a marching band here and their music teacher was in the OO. Totally different environment than say Glasgow boys with GAA on tops mixing with everone else. A real feeling of a family day and not the same sense of triumphalism.

Folk just bash it with no real knowledge of it all.... maybe Glasgow is different?

Your parade next week?

#108 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

They both attract a bad element, drink seems to have become part of the culture over the years, to the point, were it ain't a family occasion,
Maybe being unkind, as I know they are trying to make it Orangefest now, were they try to promote bouncy castles over the blue beg brigade (carryouts used to be served in blue begs here).....

I haven't took my kids to a Twelth parade here yet, might this year,
It is important that they know their own background, they are British and don't let other Irish/Oirish look down or sneer at them because of it.

from knowing u on here i know you have your own mind and wont do something for the sake of it so i applaud you on that and letting the youngster decide for himself when hes older instead of throwing him into marches/lodges etc to carry on a tradition or whatever.

for me i dont agree or like it but have friends ( a couple ) that are right into it , most my gers pals ( 3 ) dont bother , thing is the 2 that are quite bitter talk to bitter celtic fans and havent been to NI in their puff so they both bitter sides are at it :lol:

fuck that shite , you got 1 life and i cant be bothered with any of it tbh but dont like seeing it walking doon yer area with anti Catholic shit being thrown at you.

#109 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:25 PM

from knowing u on here i know you have your own mind and wont do something for the sake of it so i applaud you on that and letting the youngster decide for himself when hes older instead of throwing him into marches/lodges etc to carry on a tradition or whatever.
for me i dont agree or like it but have friends ( a couple ) that are right into it , most my gers pals ( 3 ) dont bother , thing is the 2 that are quite bitter talk to bitter celtic fans and havent been to NI in their puff so they both bitter sides are at it :lol:
fuck that shite , you got 1 life and i cant be bothered with any of it tbh but dont like seeing it walking doon yer area with anti Catholic shit being thrown at you.

Think that's the problem..... if the OO walked alone, without bands,

The problems might disappear.....

Don't get me wrong, my kids wouldn't be in a band or OO :lol:

Just want them to know who they are and when folk blindly label you based on where you are from and your background....... then it is they, who are bigotted.

Don't be ashamed of who you are.

#110 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

Think that's the problem..... if the OO walked alone, without bands,

The problems might disappear.....

Don't get me wrong, my kids wouldn't be in a band or OO :lol:

Just want them to know who they are and when folk blindly label you based on where you are from and your background....... then it is they, who are bigotted.

Don't be ashamed of who you are.

pin that last sentence to sff

#111 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

Folk just bash it with no real knowledge of it all.... maybe Glasgow is different?

Your parade next week?

Well it's not mine per se they wouldnt let me in  :-) . Think so not going up this year got a Neuro spinal simulator in my back last October and the wires broke a few weeks ago and I don't want to go back on the pain killers so taking it easy. Oh yeah next Saturday 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users