Rangers V Progres Neiderkorn

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

First competitive game of the season and tbh I think this is a real sticky wicket given we haven't played any pre-season friendlies in a competitive environment, played a few closed doors games but they are totally like training games.

This one is the earliest the team has had to play and that will be our downfall if we falter against this team, of course we should really take care of business but a lot of new players in that team adds to Rangers difficulties.

Hearing this one is close to a sell out and Rangers will yet again break another attendance record, record attendance for a first round qualifying game in the Europa is set by West Ham at just under 35000. Rangers have already sold 42000 for this one so a new record will be set again by the club which is brilliant.

Difficult tie to negotiate given our circumstances but they should win this, 2-0 Rangers

#2 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 33,289 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

Actually going to make a point of watching this...

Rangers back in Europe should be a decent atmosphere

#3 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

Really looking forward to this one. Not going to make any excuses. This mob are duds and have never won a game in Europe! Rangers could hardly of hand picked an easier tie. I see Cam is predicting 2-0. I ll be honest I ll be bitterly disappointed if we only get 2-0 against a team as poor as they appear to be.

I reckon a par score is 4 or 5 -0. Anything less than a 3 goal victory isn't good enough.

Would love to see Rossiter get a start as he could be a standout in this team.

Very close to a sell out which is incredible. Rangers don't need to make excuses about holidays and buying school uniforms (that was my favourite)

6-0 Rangers πŸ˜„πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ˜„

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#4 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

Goalies
1 Foderingham
25 Alnwick
37 Wright

Defenders
2 Tavernier
4 Cardoso
5 Wallace
6 Wilson
17 Hodson
22 Alves
24 Bates
34 Wilson, A
54 Houston
55 Mayo

Midfielders
7 Dalcio
8 Jack
11 Windass
18 Rossiter
19 Kranjcar
23 Holt
27 Pena
30 Thompson
35 Barjonas
36 Beerman
42 Burt

Forwards
9 Miller
10 McKay
15 Herrera
20 Morelos
33 Waghorn
46 Rudden

No place for Halliday, O'Halloran, Kiernan or Forrester. Dodoo, Crooks, Hardie and Kelly not included either.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#5 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:29 AM

"Really looking forward to this one. Not going to make any excuses. This mob are duds and have never won a game in Europe! "

neither have rangers!! :P

should be a walk in the park , 6-1
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#6 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

"Really looking forward to this one. Not going to make any excuses. This mob are duds and have never won a game in Europe! "

neither have rangers!! :P

should be a walk in the park , 6-1

Ok ok .. I admit it. I laughed

Ya knob 😏

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:23 PM

Let's hope the club's return to European football, having played in over 300 games, is a successful one and kicks off a fine start to this forthcoming season.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#8 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Hope this wee mob aren't scared to travel and get a decent atmosphere going......

#9 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:43 PM

Games a complete sell out, think we will see a few of the new faces but not all.

Wes
Tav, Cardoso, Wilson, Wallace
Jack, Holt
Dalcio, Niko, Miller
Morelos

#10 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,765 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:49 PM

Goalies
1 Foderingham
25 Alnwick
37 Wright

Defenders
2 Tavernier
4 Cardoso
5 Wallace
6 Wilson
17 Hodson
22 Alves
24 Bates
34 Wilson, A
54 Houston
55 Mayo

Midfielders
7 Dalcio
8 Jack
11 Windass
18 Rossiter
19 Kranjcar
23 Holt
27 Pena
30 Thompson
35 Barjonas
36 Beerman
42 Burt

Forwards
9 Miller
10 McKay
15 Herrera
20 Morelos
33 Waghorn
46 Rudden

No place for Halliday, O'Halloran, Kiernan or Forrester. Dodoo, Crooks, Hardie and Kelly not included either.

Assume Alves won't be playing as he was playing for Portugal tonight (and doing pretty well keeping Vidal and company at bay)

#11 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,765 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:50 PM

Assume Alves won't be playing as he was playing for Portugal tonight (and doing pretty well keeping Vidal and company at bay)

Also an addition to that - looks a very accomplished and assured Centre half and a danger at set pieces at the other end

#12 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,765 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

And to keep on thread Rangers 5-0

#13 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:24 PM

Also an addition to that - looks a very accomplished and assured Centre half and a danger at set pieces at the other end

I ve been paying special attention to him (obviously) and he has looked really impressive since he came into the team. Portugal lost sloppy goals in their first game when he wasn't playing against Mexico(if i remember correctly) the injury time equaliser was especially poor in that game.

It really is a bit of a coup Rangers managing to get a player of his quality. It was mentioned in commentary that both Rangers and Celtic have been linked with Nani. Now that would be a fantastic signing for either team

#14 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

True story...

My mate picked up an old Psychic today and she said he would have knee problems (hes a fat bastard and a taxi driver) , Said a woman would come into his life (she winched him in Car Park 2 at the airport) and Rangers would win 2-1 tomorrow. She better have got the last bit wrong!! 16/1 at Bet 365 if you fancy her getting the full house

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

True story...

My mate picked up an old Psychic today and she said he would have knee problems (hes a fat bastard and a taxi driver) , Said a woman would come into his life (she winched him in Car Park 2 at the airport) and Rangers would win 2-1 tomorrow. She better have got the last bit wrong!! 16/1 at Bet 365 if you fancy her getting the full house

some burds will do anything to avoid paying the fare....did your mate not oblige her with the 'full house' ? ...... :D

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#16 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

Up the town just now having a few cold ones and a bite to eat before the first game of the season at a packed Ibrox......cmon the teddy bears

#17 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

Eating is cheating

#18 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

Eating is cheating

Cam obviously has his priorities........ :D

#19 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

TEAM NEWS - Pedro Caixinha has named three of his summer signings in his starting eleven for tonight’s Europa League first qualifying round, first leg against Progr?s Niederkorn at Ibrox.

RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier, Bates, Cardoso, Wallace, Jack, Miller, Holt, Kranjcar, Dalcio, Waghorn
SUBS: Alnwick, Beerman, McCrorie, Rossiter, Windass, Candeias, Morelos

#20 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,765 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:43 PM

Not the landslide many on this forum expected - didn't see the game but I'm assuming it should have been more

Will wait on Cam's assessment as its always very fair (not saying others aren't like)

Did the new signings look good?

Positive sgns from team performance?

Pedros tactics/in game changes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users