• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

Saw Crusaders won but looks to have been a bad night for the rest of the home nations teams

#22 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:35 PM

Saw this earlier
Screenshot_2017-06-29-22-26-10-1.png

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#23 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

Another thrashing at 1-0.

The 45 year old Miller the difference.

No easy games in Europe especially with no competitive football and a united nations to bring in to the tactical master plan.

All to play for in the 2nd leg

#24 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:53 PM

Not the landslide many on this forum expected - didn't see the game but I'm assuming it should have been more

Will wait on Cam's assessment as its always very fair (not saying others aren't like)

Did the new signings look good?
Positive sgns from team performance?
Pedros tactics/in game changes?

Our levels dropped when my Motm went off Kranjcar that is the man played some divine balls. Have to assume Herrera will replace Waghorn as he just lacks the talent. Good to see Rossiter gets run also took a couple of solid challenges with no problem. Holt imo looked a wee bit lost. All in all it is clear they need to gel. But my god we need to test opposition keepers more

#25 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

Saw this earlier
attachicon.gifScreenshot_2017-06-29-22-26-10-1.png

What the fuck is it?

#26 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,765 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:10 PM

Our levels dropped when my Motm went off Kranjcar that is the man played some divine balls. Have to assume Herrera will replace Waghorn as he just lacks the talent. Good to see Rossiter gets run also took a couple of solid challenges with no problem. Holt imo looked a wee bit lost. All in all it is clear they need to gel. But my god we need to test opposition keepers more

So sorry Makdee did Rangers dominate for the 90and were just shot shy?

#27 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:22 PM

So sorry Makdee did Rangers dominate for the 90and were just shot shy?

Yeah in the main as usual with a 1-0 it got nervy at the end. Think the way Pedro was remonstrating on the sideline he felt the same.

#28 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:43 PM

Was so looking forward to this game but it turned into a bit of a pre season friendly tbh.
Game lacked a serious edge despite the importance of the match this early in the season but a number of things stood out for me, which I will get too.

Rangers dominated this game and rarely if ever in trouble of losing a goal but I thought there were glimpses of fragility in our defensive shape. Progres Nied were a rather poor team tbh but despite this they were in with a few chances to cause us problems and that was a concern for me. The back 4 were ok but against better quality playing like that then we are in trouble.
Cardoso was good on the ball but he has a lot to learn and at times struggled to cope with the lone man up top. Bates was strong enough and rarely caught out but lacks that quality. Tav industrious as ever but the biggest disappointment was Wallace.....Beerman seems like the best LB option for us but I fear he will be given little chance this season.

As for the rest of the team it was also disappointing, Dalcio has a nice touch but I thought he was rather poor overall and for me it looks a mistake to have him in before Mckay who is 10 times the player. Niko was excellent on the ball and so silky smooth, hope he stays fit. Best man on the park was Jack, he mopped up everything and was all over the park....he was excellent. The rest not really worthwhile talking about.

Overall an easy first game but lack of tempo turned it into a poor game, number of poor performances but positives were Niko, Jack and the return of Rossiter.

The return game should be a formality and I can see a few goals for us, cant see Progres having any joy at all unless we score for them.......rotten game and performance and I guess I cant be overly critical as its effectivelly our first game of the season, just a pity it was a pre season friendly.

#29 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:36 AM

A good night out.

Utterly dreadful performance

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#30 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:43 AM

Was so looking forward to this game but it turned into a bit of a pre season friendly tbh.
Game lacked a serious edge despite the importance of the match this early in the season but a number of things stood out for me, which I will get too.

Rangers dominated this game and rarely if ever in trouble of losing a goal but I thought there were glimpses of fragility in our defensive shape. Progres Nied were a rather poor team tbh but despite this they were in with a few chances to cause us problems and that was a concern for me. The back 4 were ok but against better quality playing like that then we are in trouble.
Cardoso was good on the ball but he has a lot to learn and at times struggled to cope with the lone man up top. Bates was strong enough and rarely caught out but lacks that quality. Tav industrious as ever but the biggest disappointment was Wallace.....Beerman seems like the best LB option for us but I fear he will be given little chance this season.

As for the rest of the team it was also disappointing, Dalcio has a nice touch but I thought he was rather poor overall and for me it looks a mistake to have him in before Mckay who is 10 times the player. Niko was excellent on the ball and so silky smooth, hope he stays fit. Best man on the park was Jack, he mopped up everything and was all over the park....he was excellent. The rest not really worthwhile talking about.

Overall an easy first game but lack of tempo turned it into a poor game, number of poor performances but positives were Niko, Jack and the return of Rossiter.

The return game should be a formality and I can see a few goals for us, cant see Progres having any joy at all unless we score for them.......rotten game and performance and I guess I cant be overly critical as its effectivelly our first game of the season, just a pity it was a pre season friendly.

Pre-season is okay Cam but it will take time for Pedro's 'preferred' starting 11/ playing squad' to gel into a unit and that will only be done on the pitch. A new look team, a good few new players will get to know each other then take the gaffer's tactics on to the park....still a job in progress.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#31 Young Lochinvar

Young Lochinvar

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

Has to be viewed as a disappointing result.

Can the second best team in Scotland not demolish an amateur outfit?

#32 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

I didn't know Aberdeen were playing last night

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

#33 Young Lochinvar

Young Lochinvar

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:24 AM

I didn't know Aberdeen were playing last night

Touch of bias there.

#34 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:29 AM

Aberdeen are the second best team in the country and will be until another teams finishes above them,

#35 dufunk

dufunk

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

Hard to tell from that performance and team we were playing but I think the Portuguese lads were bright enough and in possession we were pretty good without created a while lot of chances.  Glad to see some players that are confident on the ball again and a player like kranjcar could be crucial this season if he can stay injury free.

#36 Donald

Donald

Veteran

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

Totally agree there. I watched the last 2 friendlies and Dalcio really did nothing. Very disappointing that McKay is going to be sold on probably for buttons to be replaced by a loanee with a fraction of his talent. Caixinha supposedly likes to use the width of the park but Dalcio doesn't look comfortable as a winger. I hope I'm proved wrong but this looks like seriously poor judgement on Caixinha's part. 

#37 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:42 PM

It was about the 80th minute before Dalcio actually ran at someone!!

Then again I remember very little of the game and even less from the pub after game. Suffering now!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#38 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

It was about the 80th minute before Dalcio actually ran at someone!!

Then again I remember very little of the game and even less from the pub after game. Suffering now!!

disgusting! should've done a 'Cam'.....

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#39 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,696 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

Watched the game, i have no worries at all about us progressing to the next round.

Us meaning Rangers obviously before I'm asked "who the fuck are us"?

#40 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

I see UEFA have cited the club for the throwing of paper balls from the Broomloan last night  :cry:

Club 1872 commends the vast majority of the Rangers support for their conduct over the course of the game last night – which marked our long awaited, winning return to European competition.

The atmosphere was very positive and a colourful display by the Union Bears at the start of the game added to the overall spectacle. The Rangers support can be a great asset to the Europa League this season and we hope to see many more nights like this in the coming months.

Unfortunately we have today been informed that the actions of a small number of supporters in the Broomloan Stand, who threw balled-up pieces of paper onto the pitch, has led to Rangers being cited by UEFA. Whilst this appeared to be meant in good humour and was carried out by a number of younger supporters, it has nonetheless led directly to a situation where Rangers now have to put forward a submission to UEFA. At this stage we are unsure of the nature of any possible sanction, if any.

We appreciate that most supporters will see this as a very minor matter, and we would share that view. However, it is another reminder that we have to hold ourselves to as high a standard as possible. We want to see colourful displays at the stadium in the future and would ask supporters not to risk jeopardising these.

We will be liaising with Rangers on this issue and will seek to gain a better understanding of how a citation of this type comes about following what, on the face of things, seems to be such an innocuous incident. We hope that this will allow us to better inform our supporters in the future about how they can avoid action, and walk the fine line that exists between enjoying the game and potentially falling foul of UEFA regulations.

Edited by Makdee, 30 June 2017 - 07:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users