Linfield v Celtic.....Champions League 1st leg

457 replies to this topic

#441 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 38,218 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:43 PM

is that another case of whataboutery Hoopz.....you are the grand master !!!

Nah everyone does it when it suits , ive called it out plenty of times and happy to take it too but thanks :)
Das it mane , Das it.

#442 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,547 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

You can sweep up my farts

How does a flag flying over CP of a country mean treason? How does the irish flag mean treason?

Those statements you gave dont add up to what you said , they are the meaning of treason but not all , and by flying the flag doesnt make it treason ffs :lol:

Mental

So heres a pickle for ya

Whats your thought on rep ireland and their ppl in general? As their flag is offensive to you then you must find them the same?

Or is it just another attack on cfc from yourself? I know you can't help it and the flag really bothers you , yes you , the man that hates people that are easily offended, the irony is off the scale btw

As I have said twice before in the thread; flying the flag is not treason. However, many people believe that it is a slap in the face for the country that took in so many Oirish refugees and is therefore in bad taste.

I have no problem with the Irish, regardless of whether they be from the North or the South.

However, the Irish Republic is a country founded on treachery, reason and terrorism. And that is historical fact.

It is also historical fact that many of the Oirish who took refuge in the UK provided aid for "the cause" by sending money and goods across the Irish Sea, and among those were members of the board of Celtic FC.

I have also said in the past that there are lots of things about Celtic FC that I respect. The attack, if that is how you wish to perceive it, is on past owners and board members who indulged in questionable activities during the first half of the 20th. century.

Now if you want to debate the history then I am quite happy to do so.

But if, as you seem intent on doing and have done often in the past, you want to make it personal then I suggest you use private messaging.

Edited by Hairy Scot, Yesterday, 11:24 PM.

Common sense

#443 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,218 posts

Posted Today, 12:13 AM

As I have said twice before in the thread; flying the flag is not treason. However, many people believe that it is a slap in the face for the country that took in so many Oirish refugees and is therefore in bad taste.
I have no problem with the Irish, regardless of whether they be from the North or the South.
However, the Irish Republic is a country founded on treachery, reason and terrorism. And that is historical fact.
It is also historical fact that many of the Oirish who took refuge in the UK provided aid for "the cause" by sending money and goods across the Irish Sea, and among those were members of the board of Celtic FC.
I have also said in the past that there are lots of things about Celtic FC that I respect. The attack, if that is how you wish to perceive it, is on past owners and board members who indulged in questionable activities during the first half of the 20th. century.

Now if you want to debate the history then I am quite happy to do so.

But if, as you seem intent on doing and have done often in the past, you want to make it personal then I suggest you use private messaging.

Why say its treason then to cfc for flying an ireland flag?

So funding the needy is poor then?

Nah no more pms cos i just scroll through your " lets leave it at that and move on " shite that could've been said on here ,

Im quite happy to debate past owners too , the same ive slated on here for what your on aboot , and im also gonna slate your old club into the bargain ( will cammy comment on hairys whataboutery now? As he did mine earlier )

"I have no problem with the Irish, regardless of whether they be from the North or the South.
However, the Irish Republic is a country founded on treachery, reason and terrorism"

Fuck me sideways
Das it mane , Das it.

#444 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,547 posts

Posted Today, 12:36 AM

Why say its treason then to cfc for flying an ireland flag?          Where did I say that?

So funding the needy is poor then?

Nah no more pms cos i just scroll through your " lets leave it at that and move on " shite that could've been said on here ,

Im quite happy to debate past owners too , the same ive slated on here for what your on aboot , and im also gonna slate your old club into the bargain ( will cammy comment on hairys whataboutery now? As he did mine earlier )

"I have no problem with the Irish, regardless of whether they be from the North or the South.
However, the Irish Republic is a country founded on treachery, reason and terrorism"

Fuck me sideways

Do you actually read and understand anything that is posted?

You best put me on ignore, because every time I see a photograph of the GB's latest stunt with the tricolour prominently displayed I will be advocating that Celtic FC take down that republican flag.

Common sense

#445 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,218 posts

Posted Today, 01:08 AM

Do you actually read and understand anything that is posted?

You best put me on ignore, because every time I see a photograph of the GB's latest stunt with the tricolour prominently displayed I will be advocating that Celtic FC take down that republican flag.

Oh very dear , i wont ignore you sir, dont worry of that :)

As for the question you posed, re read yer earlier posts :thumbup:

Here is a Q for you though

Im gonna use caps here

WHY DO YOU CONSTANTLY GET OFFENDED BY A FLAG YET ALWAYS PLAY THE " ANOTHER OFFENDED CARD? "

to me you're a older man stuck in his ways and cant see change , the word nigger to you is not offensive , coon also is not offensive but a flag over a stadium is?

Why?

Any1 reading this from a care free environment would agree im right , this is a mixed forum, i understand our 2 pals from from NI disagreeing with me but they lived there and we never.

Why does a tricolour offend you? And heres another pickle, does gers fans waving NI flags offend you?
Das it mane , Das it.

#446 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,547 posts

Posted Today, 01:23 AM

Oh very dear , i wont ignore you sir, dont worry of that :)

As for the question you posed, re read yer earlier posts :thumbup:

Here is a Q for you though

Im gonna use caps here

WHY DO YOU CONSTANTLY GET OFFENDED BY A FLAG YET ALWAYS PLAY THE " ANOTHER OFFENDED CARD? "

to me you're a older man stuck in his ways and cant see change , the word nigger to you is not offensive , coon also is not offensive but a flag over a stadium is?

Why?

Any1 reading this from a care free environment would agree im right , this is a mixed forum, i understand our 2 pals from from NI disagreeing with me but they lived there and we never.

Why does a tricolour offend you? And heres another pickle, does gers fans waving NI flags offend you?

I AM NOT OFFENDED BY THE FLAG AND I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS TREASON TO FLY IT AT PARKHEAD.

I MERELY QUESTION THE REASONS GIVEN FOR FLYING IT.

I DON'T BUY THE HERITAGE BULLSHIT THAT IS TROTTED OUT TO JUSTIFY ITS PRESENCE.

I THINK IT IS WRONG FOR RANGERS' FANS TO DISPLAY NI FLAGS AND/OR ORANGE ORDER RELATED BANNERS.

I THINK IT IS WRONG FOR RANGERS FANS TO SING ANTI-CATHOLIC AND/OR ORANGE ORDER RELATED SONGS.

btw: I too am of Irish descent.

Edited by Hairy Scot, Today, 01:25 AM.

Common sense

#447 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,218 posts

Posted Today, 01:40 AM

Cant see nuttin apart from from ur irish

The rest is all blue blur

Im on ma fone

"Phone" :)
Das it mane , Das it.

#448 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,547 posts

Posted Today, 01:44 AM

Cant see nuttin apart from from ur irish

The rest is all blue blur

Im on ma fone

"Phone" :)

I AM NOT OFFENDED BY THE FLAG AND I DO NOT BELIEVE IT IS TREASON TO FLY IT AT PARKHEAD.

I THINK IT IS WRONG FOR RANGERS' FANS TO DISPLAY NI FLAGS AND/OR ORANGE ORDER RELATED BANNERS.

I THINK IT IS WRONG FOR RANGERS FANS TO SING ANTI-CATHOLIC AND/OR ORANGE ORDER RELATED SONGS

Edited by Hairy Scot, Today, 01:45 AM.

Common sense

#449 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,218 posts

Posted Today, 01:48 AM

I THINK IT IS WRONG FOR RANGERS FANS TO SING ANTI-CATHOLIC AND/OR ORANGE ORDER RELATED SONGS

Most im with you

Dont think gers fans here will like the orange one though but i applaud that

Imagine a celtic v gers game

No irish songs just fitba

Great
Das it mane , Das it.

#450 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,547 posts

Posted Today, 01:53 AM

Most im with you

Dont think gers fans here will like the orange one though but i applaud that

Imagine a celtic v gers game

No irish songs just fitba

Great

As far as I'm concerned the Orange Order has f*ck all to do with football.

Another thing is that all that was defeated at the Boyne was a dethroned king who was fighting for reinstatement. The so called "defeat of papism" actually occurred long before 1690.

I'd love it if we could get shot of the whole Oirish thing surrounding The Old Firm and I believe removing the tricolour might help in that regard.

Edited by Hairy Scot, Today, 01:55 AM.

Common sense

#451 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,218 posts

Posted Today, 02:05 AM

As far as I'm concerned the Orange Order has f*ck all to do with football.
Another thing is that all that was defeated at the Boyne was a dethroned king who was fighting for reinstatement. The so called "defeat of papism" actually occurred long before 1690.

I'd love it if we could get shot of the whole Oirish thing surrounding The Old Firm and I believe removing the tricolour might help in that regard.

It was still present when i mention this , maybe worse and acceptable, but on the football front i loved players crashing into challenges , you dont get it now , players playing for the tap, its money mostly , peter grant on ian ferguson 50/50 both get up and dont complain.

Look where it's at now
Das it mane , Das it.

#452 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,547 posts

Posted Today, 02:19 AM

It was still present when i mention this , maybe worse and acceptable, but on the football front i loved players crashing into challenges , you dont get it now , players playing for the tap, its money mostly , peter grant on ian ferguson 50/50 both get up and dont complain.

Look where it's at now

I can go further back, coz I'm an Old Fart.

Players like Jim Kennedy, Harold Davis, even Greig and Crerand; hard men but fair men. No sneaky wee digs or ankle taps. Good honest hard tackling.

As you say, get up and get on with the game; and no afters in the press or social media.

Common sense

#453 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted Today, 03:28 AM

What a load of shite. The Irish republic was formed through treachery, treason and terrorism! Historical fact!

Really?

From who's perspective?

From the British perspective i suppose. But hey from that perspective the USA and every other modern day nation that fought the British to reclaim their nation could be tarred with that particular innacurate brush.

In fact the UK itself was formed in the very same manner. The treaty of union was forces upon the Scottish people by the then Scottish government made up of a private members club of the landed gentry who were paid handsomely for the privilege.

Is that not treachery and treason?

When the people rioted on the streets on every city in Scotland the uprising were put down with brutal.force by government troops. Is that not terrorism?

As previously stated. It is hyper hypocritical to demand that Celtic stop flying the Irish tricolour for the reasons you give and then demand they fly the union jack while totally ignoring the disgraceful things that were done under that banner.

#454 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,547 posts

Posted Today, 05:46 AM

What a load of shite. The Irish republic was formed through treachery, treason and terrorism! Historical fact!

Really?

From who's perspective?

From the British perspective i suppose. But hey from that perspective the USA and every other modern day nation that fought the British to reclaim their nation could be tarred with that particular innacurate brush.

In fact the UK itself was formed in the very same manner. The treaty of union was forces upon the Scottish people by the then Scottish government made up of a private members club of the landed gentry who were paid handsomely for the privilege.

Is that not treachery and treason?

When the people rioted on the streets on every city in Scotland the uprising were put down with brutal.force by government troops. Is that not terrorism?

As previously stated. It is hyper hypocritical to demand that Celtic stop flying the Irish tricolour for the reasons you give and then demand they fly the union jack while totally ignoring the disgraceful things that were done under that banner.

Where did I say that anyone has to fly the union jack?

While I may well agree with your sentiments regarding the union jack and English colonialism, that has nothing at all to do with my sentiments or opinions regarding how the Irish Republic came into being or about Celtic flying the republican flag which was the reward given to the club's owners in 1922 for their contribution to "The Cause".

The situation in Britain in 1916 was somewhat different from how things were in the 17th. and 18th. century when the Scots  rebelled against English tyranny but I don't believe they ever indulged in terrorism.

Common sense

#455 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted Today, 07:05 AM

Where did I say that anyone has to fly the union jack?

While I may well agree with your sentiments regarding the union jack and English colonialism, that has nothing at all to do with my sentiments or opinions regarding how the Irish Republic came into being or about Celtic flying the republican flag which was the reward given to the club's owners in 1922 for their contribution to "The Cause".

The situation in Britain in 1916 was somewhat different from how things were in the 17th. and 18th. century when the Scots rebelled against English tyranny but I don't believe they ever indulged in terrorism.

Did you not ask why no Union Jack was flown above Celtic park?

It wasn't English colonialism it was British colonialism. It wasn't called the English empire it was called the British empire. Any people who dared to rebel against that empire were labelled with alsorts of evocative names. Insurrectionists, insurgents, mutineers and dare i say it, terrorists. George Washington was a terrorist in his day as was Ghandi. The Irish republic came into being because the Irish people willed it to be. If the IRA did not have the support of the majority of the people they would have failed. Much the same as the PIRA did in the later half of the 20th century.

In Scotland the terrorism was perpetrated on the people by the state. They were forced to accept the union by brutal armed forces.

Or are Government's somehow unable to be terrorists?

#456 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,547 posts

Posted Today, 07:45 AM

Did you not ask why no Union Jack was flown above Celtic park?    No I did not ask that question.

It wasn't English colonialism it was British colonialism. It wasn't called the English empire it was called the British empire. Any people who dared to rebel against that empire were labelled with alsorts of evocative names. Insurrectionists, insurgents, mutineers and dare i say it, terrorists. George Washington was a terrorist in his day as was Ghandi. The Irish republic came into being because the Irish people willed it to be. If the IRA did not have the support of the majority of the people they would have failed. Much the same as the PIRA did in the later half of the 20th century.

The colonisation was driven purely by the English dominated parliament and the infamous East India Company. The role of the "minor" countries in the union was to provide cannon fodder to be put at the disposal of the English Officer class. Hence my calling it English colonisation.

In Scotland the terrorism was perpetrated on the people by the state. They were forced to accept the union by brutal armed forces.       I do not question that.

Or are Government's somehow unable to be terrorists?                        I guess not. But the normal term would probably be oppressors or tyrants.

Common sense

#457 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted Today, 08:38 AM

Did you not ask why no Union Jack was flown above Celtic park? No I did not ask that question.

The colonisation was driven purely by the English dominated parliament and the infamous East India Company. The role of the "minor" countries in the union was to provide cannon fodder to be put at the disposal of the English Officer class. Hence my calling it English colonisation.

In Scotland the terrorism was perpetrated on the people by the state. They were forced to accept the union by brutal armed forces. I do not question that.

Or are Government's somehow unable to be terrorists? I guess not. But the normal term would probably be oppressors or tyrants.

The colonisation was driven by greed and a lust for power. You think Scotland just provided cannon fodder in the empire building exercise? Have you walked through Glasgow's Merchant city or Edinburgh's new town? Those mansions were built on the backs of the colonised. We have streets in our cities named after slavers. The empire was great business for Scotland's elite. Not so much for the masses though. English poor were just as much cannon fodder as Scots,Welsh and Irish.

#458 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,547 posts

Posted Today, 08:41 AM

The colonisation was driven by greed and a lust for power. You think Scotland just provided cannon fodder in the empire building exercise? Have you walked through Glasgow's Merchant city or Edinburgh's new town? Those mansions were built on the backs of the colonised. We have streets in our cities named after slavers. The empire was great business for Scotland's elite. Not so much for the masses though. English poor were just as much cannon fodder as Scots,Welsh and Irish.

Aye, very good.

Common sense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users