Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 39,699 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

dandy_2310043b.jpg

That's Desperate........

Ffs..... :lol:

so is cheating the taxman ;)
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#42 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:26 PM

its not legal

some tax chap on skysports news says if they come forward and settle ( clubs ) then they wont go through the courts, if not they will chase them down

So ...

Why wouldn't they accept Rangers over generous offer?

What sporting advantage did they gain?

Celtic employees been involved in this 'Making Movie' tax avoidance scheme. Don't ask as i have no idea or real interest in how it works but if they are chased for what they owe should they have all their titles and trophies stripped? Absolutely outrageous and not a little embarrassing from your club.

Also WTF has it got to do with the SPFL? It happened in the SPL and the SPFL should have absolutely no say in anything that happened before they were formed. It has to come from the governing body, The SFA, and they have made their position crystal clear. No case to answer.

In fairness you do have Stan The wife beating bastard and Angela Haggerty the bitter bigoted scummy terrorist loving bastard on your side. You might get the corduroy Kid to form the  unholy Trinity 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#43 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,699 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:27 PM

Celtic the victims again...... :lol:

nope we dont want any of the tainted trophies , sheepers , united , hearts fans feel the same going by twitter feeds

#STT :D

#44 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

It was.....

EBT stands for Employee Benefit Trust and, in this case, it refers to a scheme that was widely used by large companies in a bid to avoid tax liabilities. Companies would set up trusts and make cash payments from these trusts in the form of tax-free loans to employees or beneficiaries - thus avoiding the need to pay tax. In many cases the loans were never repaid. Legislation has since been passed outlawing the use of the scheme for tax avoidance purposes.

And when the law was passed Rangers stopped using them.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#45 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,699 posts

So ...

Why wouldn't they accept Rangers over generous offer?

What sporting advantage did they gain?

Celtic employees been involved in this 'Making Movie' tax avoidance scheme. Don't ask as i have no idea or real interest in how it works but if they are chased for what they owe should they have all their titles and trophies stripped? Absolutely outrageous and not a little embarrassing from your club.

Also WTF has it got to do with the SPFL? It happened in the SPL and the SPFL should have absolutely no say in anything that happened before they were formed. It has to come from the governing body, The SFA, and they have made their position crystal clear. No case to answer.

In fairness you do have Stan The wife beating bastard and Angela Haggerty the bitter bigoted scummy terrorist loving bastard on your side. You might get the corduroy Kid to form the unholy Trinity

where is this offer you speak of?

#46 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,925 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

so is cheating the taxman ;)

And there it is.....

The whatanoutry..... :lol:

GG retweeted saying Rangers cheated us all..... :lol:

Screenshot_20170705-192635.png

I feel violated..... gonna need a safe space......
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#47 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

using EBTS , not 1 or 10 , for more , attracting better players they couldnt pay for by using illegal EBTS and side letters, attracting better players with the deal of paying less tax on their wage when every other club played by the book.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-34118126

Rangers were fined for the side letters

#48 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

I thought that a ruling was already made on that. No sporting advantage gained, so why the desire to strip titles? If money equalled sporting success, Rangers would be in the next round of the Europa League. They would have fired ten past the financially diddy team. In fact, they wouldn't even have played last night, because they would have finished second ahead of Aberdeen, and been able to rest up while the poorer teams competed in the first round. 

#49 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:34 PM

using EBTS , not 1 or 10 , for more , attracting better players they couldnt pay for by using illegal EBTS and side letters, attracting better players with the deal of paying less tax on their wage when every other club played by the book.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-34118126

How do you know that is the reason players signed?

Is Tax Avoidance schemes the reason the Celtic employees moved to Celtic?

I have already given you the Alex Rae scenario. He was offered more to play in England but chose Rangers. That blows your argument right out the water

#50 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,925 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

nope we dont want any of the tainted trophies , sheepers , united , hearts fans feel the same going by twitter feeds
#STT :D

And What?....... :lol:
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#51 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,699 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:52 PM

And What?....... :lol:

and...... strip those titles :)

#52 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,699 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

How do you know that is the reason players signed?

Is Tax Avoidance schemes the reason the Celtic employees moved to Celtic?

I have already given you the Alex Rae scenario. He was offered more to play in England but chose Rangers. That blows your argument right out the water

doesnt blow anything

rangers used a scheme not open to other clubs , glad they got fond guilty , highest court says so :D

doesnt effect rangers now though

#53 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:54 PM

Oh a wife beating manic depressive says we should have titles stripped. Well that is me convinced.

I want Celtic stripped of the title they won by claiming they were going on an end of season tour of Japan so we couldn't extend the league.

I want Celtic stripped of the title they won by using the death of a young footballer to have an Old Firm game postponed.

I want them stripped of the title they won the year Morten Weighorst feigned a head injury to get Gazza sent off

I want them stripped of every trophy they won during the years they covered widespread sexual abuse of children. Precedent set in the case of Penn State University.

Sporting Integrity they say. :rolleyes:

😁hurting big style.

Straight off a rangers forum and presented as your own work

Ps surely even you think making light of collymores condition is below the belt?

Edited by Elchappy, 05 July 2017 - 06:56 PM.

#54 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,232 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

Reading what i have read thru here especially Craig's post i've come to the conclusion it's pretty sad Celtic wanting a review into so called sporting advantage

Liverpool have spent more than Utd in the EPL,didn;t do them any good :lol: 

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#55 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,699 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:06 PM

Reading what i have read thru here especially Craig's post i've come to the conclusion it's pretty sad Celtic wanting a review into so called sporting advantage

Liverpool have spent more than Utd in the EPL,didn;t do them any good :lol:

via a tax scam?

#56 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,232 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:24 PM

via a tax scam?

Seems to have been above board at the time but not now

In my eyes there is no sporting advantage

Edited by cmon norn iron, 05 July 2017 - 07:25 PM.

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#57 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:44 PM

doesnt blow anything

rangers used a scheme not open to other clubs , glad they got fond guilty , highest court says so :D

doesnt effect rangers now though

Of course it does.

Your claim is a joke. You claim we signed players we couldn't afford yet Alex Rae could have made more money by not signing for Rangers. 

The scheme was open to others and your own club used it. I believe 5000 companies used it country wide. 

#58 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

hurting big style.

Straight off a rangers forum and presented as your own work

Ps surely even you think making light of collymores condition is below the belt?

Absolutely not of any Rangers site. TBH i haven't been on any Rangers site today. I just cant be bothered with all the hand wringing drama queens. I ll give it a couple of days before i go back there.

Yet another lie from Chappy

Oh and i am not hurting at all. As i said last night it was just a feeling of complete numbness after yet another disappointing performance.

Collymore is a fucking scumbag of the highest order. Fuck him and yer bigoted bitch Haggerty. Remember Stan Collymore is the one that was going to report the Rangers support for calling him a 'Black Fenian Bastard' right up until it was pointed out he was being called a 'wife beating bastard'. Guilty as charged the Utter Scumbag

#59 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,263 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:53 PM

Does Celtic FC and its fans not know the meaning of "retrospectively"?

EBTs were outlawed retrospectively. They were not illegal at the time they were in use at Ibrox.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 05 July 2017 - 07:54 PM.

Shit Creek

#60 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,699 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

Of course it does.

Your claim is a joke. You claim we signed players we couldn't afford yet Alex Rae could have made more money by not signing for Rangers.

The scheme was open to others and your own club used it. I believe 5000 companies used it country wide.

how do u know he woulda made more? cos he said so? proof please or thats a joke

Edited by Hoopz, 05 July 2017 - 08:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users