Adding of titles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,010 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

We all know of the hysteria going on of opposition fans regarding Rangers and stripping of titles but I just read something quite interesting on facebook.

Seems a group are trying to start a campaign where titles won during the second world war are made official, Rangers would then not only have 61 league titles but also be the first team to achieve 9iar......not once but twice !!!

Now I already knew this but the next part I did not.......all titles won during the first world war were official !!
Celtic in that case would be on going for titles number 40 this season !

I know its a little bit of fun but it does raise the question why it counts for one war but not the second. I know players etc signed up to fight but so too did others in 1914.

#2 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 31,573 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:46 AM

Fair point Cam......

I know ye jest, but if the shoe was on the other foot..... Twitter would be in meltdown :D
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#3 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,138 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:47 AM

I don't buy it in either war,titles were won in england during the war which weren't recognised

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#4 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,010 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

I don't buy it in either war,titles were won in england during the war which weren't recognised

Yeah I actually knew that too, FA cup was suspended amd replaced with the English cup or something.......who won the league during that time ?

#5 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,138 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

Yeah I actually knew that too, FA cup was suspended amd replaced with the English cup or something.......who won the league during that time ?

The football league was suspended and was replaced by the wartime league https://en.wikipedia.../Wartime_League

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users