• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,974 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:23 AM

Disappointing tour on a number of levels.

Too much off the field cross talk for one thing.

Since there were no Scots in the Lion's squad, and since I'm an expat Scot living in NZ, I was 100% behind the ABs and the provincial teams involved in the tour.

I thought a tie was a fair result of the three test series and I was a bit disappointed with the NZ commentators and media when they gave Roman Poite pelters about his decision in the closing minutes of the final match.

That came across as a rather churlish and biased reaction. Unfortunately it's not the first time a ref has been blamed for "robbing" the ABs. It all smacked a bit of SMS.

You'd think the countrymen of the Rugby World Champs would be a bit more sporting.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

Didn't see all of all of the three tests but what I did see I enjoyed apart from the bits where fouls, penalties, offsides that I don't understand. I wanna see good running moves and tries....no that wee twat Farrell kicking the ball for points.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,974 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:52 AM

Didn't see all of all of the three tests but what I did see I enjoyed apart from the bits where fouls, penalties, offsides that I don't understand. I wanna see good running moves and tries....no that wee twat Farrell kicking the ball for points.

Aye, there are too many technicalities in the modern game. Hence the need for TMOs and the like.

The refs spend so much time looking out for breaches like offside etc, that they miss some of the basics like forward passes, ball not straight into scrum and other simple stuff.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 09 July 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:06 AM

Aye, there are too many technicalities in the modern game. Hence the need for TMOs and the like.

The refs spend so much time looking out for breaches like offside etc, that they miss some of the basics like forward passes, ball not straight into scrum and other simple stuff.

That never happens...is it an offence ?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,974 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

That never happens...is it an offence ?

The 2013 rule amendments on scrums state "Referees will be enforcing a straight put in to the tunnel. Sanction is a free kick."

Effectively the ball must hit the ground between the two front rows and then the two hookers attempt to gather the ball using their feet. That is why the props are so named, because they have to support (or prop up) the hooker while he attempts to gather the ball.

It used to be the the scrum half would try to put spin on the ball so that when it hit the ground it would veer toward his front row. Which was fine so long as it hit the ground in the middle.

But now the scrum halves just toss the ball under the feet of their front row, and because the ref is usually on the other side of the scrum it goes unnoticed and unpunished.

So the hooker and the props are more or less redundant.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 09 July 2017 - 07:31 AM.

#6 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,216 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

Scouse fucking Victory......

Never seen so much celebrating winning fuck all since the Scousers v West Brom......
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#7 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,974 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:52 AM

Scouse fucking Victory......

Never seen so much celebrating winning fuck all since the Scousers v West Brom......

WTF are you on about?                      :-D

There were no scousers involved.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 09 July 2017 - 09:53 AM.

#8 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,216 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

WTF are you on about?                      :-D

There were no scousers involved.

No Victimhood then...... result!

It won't be played out in a courtroom in years to come :D
Posted Image

#9 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,974 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

No Victimhood then...... result!

It won't be played out in a courtroom in years to come :D

I'm still scratching my head.      :huh:

#10 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,216 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

I'm still scratching my head.      :huh:

You're probably out of touch in NZ...... no biggie.

Just my take on celebrating a draw.

Worth pointing out, if 1 point wins something..... then a draw is fine.
Posted Image

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

You're probably out of touch in NZ...... no biggie.

Just my take on celebrating a draw.

Worth pointing out, if 1 point wins something..... then a draw is fine.

aye, I don't think Hairy quite caught on to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users