SPL 2017-18

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,012 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

Cant bring myself to use the silly name they call it now so will stick with the SPL.

How do you see the season going for your team and what are folks predictions for the season which is just around the corner.

Aberdeen - Runners up in all competitions last season and this one looks to be their toughest in quite some time, they have lost 11 players from the squad and a few of them have been rather important during the last few seasons. Can the new guys coming in fill the massive void left by those who are now gone ? No doubt a little bit of movement still to be done regarding transfers for all the clubs but Aberdeen may sweat over the possible loss of Kenny McLean.

Players out : Cammy Smith, Joe Nuttal, Laurence Shankland, Ryan Jack, Johhny Hayes, Aaron Lennox, Nial McGinn, Ash Taylor, Neil Alexander, Robbie Mutch, Peter Pawlett

Players in   : Gregg Stewart, Ryan Christie, Gary Mackay Steven, Gregg Tansey, Nicky Maynard, Kari Arnason

I'm not so sure about the players being replaced, Chrisite is a good one but Aberdeen are only helping Celtic by taking him and GMS on loan....unless they have a fee after the loan which would be a good move for them, both good players. Maynard is an interesting one so will be watching to see what impact he will have.

Final postion - 4th

Last season - 2nd

Celtic - Obviously massive favourites for the title and I can not see anyone giving them a challenge, strong in every department with exception of maybe the goal keeping position. A lot of players going out the club but no one of any great significance. The big worry for Celtic fans will be the potential loss of important players such as Dembele, Armstrong etc.

Players out : Ryan Christie, Gary Mackay-Steven, Scott Allen, Eoghan O'Connel, Paul Mcmullan, Kris Commons, Efe Ambrose, Jamie Lindsay, Logan Bailly, Saidy Janko,

Players in   : Johhny Hayes, Kundai Benyu, Olivier Ntcham

Only know of Hayes and obviously he has been one of Aberdeens better players so he will be fine domestically, its on the European stage though he will be tested.

Final position - 1st

Last season - 1st

Dundee - Finsihed in 10th place last season and this time round will be another hard slog for Neil McCanns men but I can see them finishing in a far more comfortable position this season. Scott Allan the most notable of those joining the club on loan and if he can capture the form he showed at Hibs then he could proove a creative player for them.

Players out : Matty Allan, Daniel Higgins, Calvin Colquhoun, DAvid Mitchell, Rory Loy, Josh Skelly

Players in   : Glenn Camara, Scott Allan, Lewis Spence, Randy Walters, Sofien Moussa, Roarie Deacon, Jack Hendry

Final postion - 8th

Last season - 10th

Hamilton Accies - Can only see trouble ahead for the accies, only 1 player added to the squad so far and they were one of the poorer teams I saw visiting Ibrox last season. Will be a relegation battle once again and things are not great among the fans with a number refusing to buy season tickets.

Players out : Jack Breslin, Craig Watson

Players in   : Xavier Tomas

Final postion - 12th

Last season - 11th

Hearts - Important season for the jambos and Cathro, a large number of players have left and a few notable ones at that. Like the dandy Dons can the new guys make an impact this season ?

Players out :  Callum Paterson, Robbie Buchannan, Billy King, Tasos Avlonitis, Alexandros Tziolis, Andraz Struna, Dylan Bikey, Juwon Oshaniwa, Lenard Sowah, Nikoly Todorov, Sam Nicholson, Perry Kitchen, Gavin Reilly, Callumn Morrison................fucking hell thats a lot !!!

Players in   : Chistophe Berra, Rafal Grzelak, Kyle Lafferty, Ashley Smith-Brown, Cole Stockton

Good experience added in Berra and Lafferty and this could proove a coupple of good signings for Cathro, rumours abound that Walker is on the way to Ibrox has not gone away and Hearts fans will be wanting the season to start to end that specualtion.

Final position - 3rd

Last season - 5th

Hibernian - Think Hibs could potentially be a surprise package this season, like Hearts a few seasons ago they are a team on the up and Lennon has that experience of getting his team ready for the challenge ahead..........large number of players have left the club so going to copy and paste ( taking effing ages with the large numbers !!

Players out :

3 July 2017 Callum Donaldson Loan[136] 3 July 2017 Kevin Waugh       30 June 2017 Chris Humphrey       3 July 2017 Jordon Forster     23 June 2017 Scott Gallacher       1 June 2017 James Keatings       11 July 2017 Aaron Dunsmore     6 July 2017 Lewis Allan       6 July 2017 Sean Mackie       19 June 2017 Alex Harris   31 May 2017 Brian McLean 31 May 2017 Grant Holt   31 May 2017 Jamie Insall     31 May 2017 Fraser Fyvie

Players in :

Efe Ambrose   Ofir Marciano   Simon Murray   Steven Whittaker   Danny Swanson

Final position - 5th

Last season - Championship winners

Kilmarnock - Another team who I think will be in the battle at the bottom and big Jig realy has a big job on his hands. Its a toss up between a few teams at the bottom and Killie are one of those teams.

Players out : Jack Whittaker, Aaron Splaine

Players in   : Callum Watters, Kirk Broadfoot, Daniel Higgins, Alan Power, Stephen O'Donnel, Dom Thomas

Final Position -  11th

Last season - 8th

Motherwell - Another team with a large number of players in and out, bit of an unknown really for Motherwell as they have a lot of new players but surely they will perform better than the last lot.

Players out : Craig Moore, David Ferguson, Lee Lucas, Stephen Pearson, Scott McDonald, Joe Chalmers, Dom Thomas, Dylan Macklin, Lionel Ainsworth, Keith Lasley, Craig Samson

Players in   : Gael Bigirimana, Andy Rose, Russel Griffiths, Trevor Carson, Alex Fisher, Cedric Kipre, Charles Dunne, Craig Tanner

Final position - 10th

Last season - 9th

Partick Thistle - Thought Thistle were excellent last year and really hope they can push on but a lot of the teams round about them have imroved the playing side so can they show the same levels of good football they were playing. Lost a few guys in and around the first team and only 3 brought in so far.

Players out : Liam Lindsay, David Amoo, Ade Azeez, David Wilson, Sean Welsh, Mark Ridgers

Players in   : Blair Spittal, Jamie Sneddon, Nial Keown

Final position - 7th

Last season - 6th

Rangers - Already knocked out of Europe in arguably the clubs worst result in history but things are perhaps looking on the up at Ibrox, Pedro remains in charge with a half and half support for him. The board have backed him in the transfer market but Rangers do need 1 or 2 options up top.......whether they get those players in remains to be seen.

Players out : Clint Hill, Phillipe Sendeross, Barrie Mckay, Joey Garner, Andy Halliday

Players in   : Bruno Alves, Ryan Jack, Dalcio, Daniel Candeias, Carlos Pena, Alfredo Morelos, Graham Dorrans, Eduardo Herrera, Fabio Cardoso

A number of unknowns being brought in so difficult to gauge how they will cope with the rough and tumble of our league, Jack and Alves aside.

Final position - 2nd

Last season - 3rd

Ross County - Have been good performers the last few seasons but they have lost a of goals in the shape of Boyce, who is going to fill that massive void. Scoring over 20 goals at such a small club in Scotland is no mean feat and difficult to find another who will on the budget they have.

Players out :  Liam Boyce, Paul Quinn, Jonathan Franks, Oscar Gobern, Ian Mchsane

Players in   : Sean Kelly, Jamie Lindsay, Thomas Mikkelsen

Final position - 9th

Last season - 7th

St Johnstone - Have been great the last few seasons and they may do better than I think, Tommy Wright has them well organised and they can knock the ball around well but I feel there is a lot for them to contend with this season. Can they equal or better the 4th spot they managed last season ? Yeah they can equal it but it will be difficult as a lot of competition around that part of the table.

Players out : Tam Scobbie, Danny Swanson, Michael Coulsen

Players in   : Kyle Mclean, Scott Tanser, Stefan Scougal

Final positon - 6th

Last season - 4th

#2 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 38,218 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:57 PM

Good detailed post cammy

I thought Maloney signed a year deal at sheep but just checked and he never , im sure i posted it here somewhere.

I will go

1st celtic
2nd rangers
3rd sheep
4rth hibs
5th hearts
6th st johnstone
7th partick
8th dundee
9th motherwell
10th ross county
11th killie
12th hamilton
Das it mane , Das it.

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,118 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

Hearts - Important season for the jambos and Cathro, a large number of players have left and a few notable ones at that. Like the dandy Dons can the new guys make an impact this season ?

Is this the correct colour for the jambos ? I thought this would have been better ?

Apologies for appearing pedantic but you have put so much into your post I thought you should be informed in case you can amend it.....

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#4 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,012 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

Yeah you are right, couldn't find it at the time..............too late now !!!

#5 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,025 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

Cant bring myself to use the silly name they call it now so will stick with the SPL.

How do you see the season going for your team and what are folks predictions for the season which is just around the corner.

Aberdeen - Runners up in all competitions last season and this one looks to be their toughest in quite some time, they have lost 11 players from the squad and a few of them have been rather important during the last few seasons. Can the new guys coming in fill the massive void left by those who are now gone ? No doubt a little bit of movement still to be done regarding transfers for all the clubs but Aberdeen may sweat over the possible loss of Kenny McLean.

Players out : Cammy Smith, Joe Nuttal, Laurence Shankland, Ryan Jack, Johhny Hayes, Aaron Lennox, Nial McGinn, Ash Taylor, Neil Alexander, Robbie Mutch, Peter Pawlett

Players in   : Gregg Stewart, Ryan Christie, Gary Mackay Steven, Gregg Tansey, Nicky Maynard, Kari Arnason

I'm not so sure about the players being replaced, Chrisite is a good one but Aberdeen are only helping Celtic by taking him and GMS on loan....unless they have a fee after the loan which would be a good move for them, both good players. Maynard is an interesting one so will be watching to see what impact he will have.

Final postion - 4th

Last season - 2nd

Celtic - Obviously massive favourites for the title and I can not see anyone giving them a challenge, strong in every department with exception of maybe the goal keeping position. A lot of players going out the club but no one of any great significance. The big worry for Celtic fans will be the potential loss of important players such as Dembele, Armstrong etc.

Players out : Ryan Christie, Gary Mackay-Steven, Scott Allen, Eoghan O'Connel, Paul Mcmullan, Kris Commons, Efe Ambrose, Jamie Lindsay, Logan Bailly, Saidy Janko,

Players in   : Johhny Hayes, Kundai Benyu, Olivier Ntcham

Only know of Hayes and obviously he has been one of Aberdeens better players so he will be fine domestically, its on the European stage though he will be tested.

Final position - 1st

Last season - 1st

Dundee - Finsihed in 10th place last season and this time round will be another hard slog for Neil McCanns men but I can see them finishing in a far more comfortable position this season. Scott Allan the most notable of those joining the club on loan and if he can capture the form he showed at Hibs then he could proove a creative player for them.

Players out : Matty Allan, Daniel Higgins, Calvin Colquhoun, DAvid Mitchell, Rory Loy, Josh Skelly

Players in   : Glenn Camara, Scott Allan, Lewis Spence, Randy Walters, Sofien Moussa, Roarie Deacon, Jack Hendry

Final postion - 8th

Last season - 10th

Hamilton Accies - Can only see trouble ahead for the accies, only 1 player added to the squad so far and they were one of the poorer teams I saw visiting Ibrox last season. Will be a relegation battle once again and things are not great among the fans with a number refusing to buy season tickets.

Players out : Jack Breslin, Craig Watson

Players in   : Xavier Tomas

Final postion - 12th

Last season - 11th

Players out :  Callum Paterson, Robbie Buchannan, Billy King, Tasos Avlonitis, Alexandros Tziolis, Andraz Struna, Dylan Bikey, Juwon Oshaniwa, Lenard Sowah, Nikoly Todorov, Sam Nicholson, Perry Kitchen, Gavin Reilly, Callumn Morrison................fucking hell thats a lot !!!

Players in   : Chistophe Berra, Rafal Grzelak, Kyle Lafferty, Ashley Smith-Brown, Cole Stockton

Good experience added in Berra and Lafferty and this could proove a coupple of good signings for Cathro, rumours abound that Walker is on the way to Ibrox has not gone away and Hearts fans will be wanting the season to start to end that specualtion.

Final position - 3rd

Last season - 5th

Hibernian - Think Hibs could potentially be a surprise package this season, like Hearts a few seasons ago they are a team on the up and Lennon has that experience of getting his team ready for the challenge ahead..........large number of players have left the club so going to copy and paste ( taking effing ages with the large numbers !!

Players out :

3 July 2017 Callum Donaldson Loan[136]3 July 2017 Kevin Waugh       30 June 2017 Chris Humphrey       3 July 2017 Jordon Forster     23 June 2017 Scott Gallacher       1 June 2017 James Keatings       11 July 2017 Aaron Dunsmore     6 July 2017 Lewis Allan       6 July 2017 Sean Mackie       19 June 2017 Alex Harris   31 May 2017 Brian McLean 31 May 2017 Grant Holt   31 May 2017 Jamie Insall     31 May 2017 Fraser Fyvie

Players in :

Efe Ambrose   Ofir Marciano   Simon Murray   Steven Whittaker   Danny Swanson

Final position - 5th

Last season - Championship winners

Kilmarnock - Another team who I think will be in the battle at the bottom and big Jig realy has a big job on his hands. Its a toss up between a few teams at the bottom and Killie are one of those teams.

Players out : Jack Whittaker, Aaron Splaine

Players in   : Callum Watters, Kirk Broadfoot, Daniel Higgins, Alan Power, Stephen O'Donnel, Dom Thomas

Final Position -  11th

Last season - 8th

Motherwell - Another team with a large number of players in and out, bit of an unknown really for Motherwell as they have a lot of new players but surely they will perform better than the last lot.

Players out : Craig Moore, David Ferguson, Lee Lucas, Stephen Pearson, Scott McDonald, Joe Chalmers, Dom Thomas, Dylan Macklin, Lionel Ainsworth, Keith Lasley, Craig Samson

Players in   : Gael Bigirimana, Andy Rose, Russel Griffiths, Trevor Carson, Alex Fisher, Cedric Kipre, Charles Dunne, Craig Tanner

Final position - 10th

Last season - 9th

Partick Thistle - Thought Thistle were excellent last year and really hope they can push on but a lot of the teams round about them have imroved the playing side so can they show the same levels of good football they were playing. Lost a few guys in and around the first team and only 3 brought in so far.

Players out : Liam Lindsay, David Amoo, Ade Azeez, David Wilson, Sean Welsh, Mark Ridgers

Players in   : Blair Spittal, Jamie Sneddon, Nial Keown

Final position - 7th

Last season - 6th

Rangers - Already knocked out of Europe in arguably the clubs worst result in history but things are perhaps looking on the up at Ibrox, Pedro remains in charge with a half and half support for him. The board have backed him in the transfer market but Rangers do need 1 or 2 options up top.......whether they get those players in remains to be seen.

Players out : Clint Hill, Phillipe Sendeross, Barrie Mckay, Joey Garner, Andy Halliday

Players in   : Bruno Alves, Ryan Jack, Dalcio, Daniel Candeias, Carlos Pena, Alfredo Morelos, Graham Dorrans, Eduardo Herrera, Fabio Cardoso

A number of unknowns being brought in so difficult to gauge how they will cope with the rough and tumble of our league, Jack and Alves aside.

Final position - 2nd

Last season - 3rd

Ross County - Have been good performers the last few seasons but they have lost a of goals in the shape of Boyce, who is going to fill that massive void. Scoring over 20 goals at such a small club in Scotland is no mean feat and difficult to find another who will on the budget they have.

Players out :  Liam Boyce, Paul Quinn, Jonathan Franks, Oscar Gobern, Ian Mchsane

Players in   : Sean Kelly, Jamie Lindsay, Thomas Mikkelsen

Final position - 9th

Last season - 7th

St Johnstone - Have been great the last few seasons and they may do better than I think, Tommy Wright has them well organised and they can knock the ball around well but I feel there is a lot for them to contend with this season. Can they equal or better the 4th spot they managed last season ? Yeah they can equal it but it will be difficult as a lot of competition around that part of the table.

Players out : Tam Scobbie, Danny Swanson, Michael Coulsen

Players in   : Kyle Mclean, Scott Tanser, Stefan Scougal

Final positon - 6th

Last season - 4th

Camshy you are quite the predictor and i admire the time it must have taken you to post this.

See you at the end of next season (if God permits).

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,118 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

Yeah you are right, couldn't find it at the time..............too late now !!!

But, but....I thought you had extra powers Cam.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#7 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 31,589 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

Celtic to win by a country mile......

That's really all that matters.

And staying up I suppose.

Anyway, I liked the Hearts colour ye used.
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#8 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,025 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

Hearts -  Horrible, not enough blood

#9 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 31,589 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

That is quality info...... can't believe the colour issue.
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,118 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:31 PM

we need assurances that correct colouring will be used............... :D

#11 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,547 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

we need assurances that correct colouring will be used............... :D

No need to bring colour into it. That can only lead to problems.     :twisted:

Common sense

#12 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,012 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

Matt Crooks another player who has been let go today for Rangers

#13 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,626 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

Obvious winners celtic I'd say. Looking 4 a stronger challenge from rangers this year. Access down I think.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users