• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

Cathro has been sacked. That didn't last long.

#2 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 38,750 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

Oh dear , was on the cards though

Who now?
Das it mane , Das it.

#3 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,750 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:02 AM

W 8
D 7
L 15
Das it mane , Das it.

#4 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,767 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

He's hardly had a chance to get his hands dirty.

Fucking madness is rife in the footballing world.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#5 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

Oh dear , was on the cards though

Who now?

depends on who is willing to cowtow to Levein.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#6 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• 1,379 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

The league season didn't even start. But the results from last season and the league cup campaign made it inevitable.

In some ways he reminded me of Ronnie Deila. Great reputation as a coach. Forward thinking, was articulate, inteligent and positive. But lacked stature, charisma and the respect of the players.

I'm not sure, but perhaps there was a bit of snobbery too. Deila didn't play the game at a high level and Cathro didn't play the game at all. But neither did a few top managers. However, can you imagine saying no to Mourinho?

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

The league season didn't even start. But the results from last season and the league cup campaign made it inevitable.

In some ways he reminded me of Ronnie Deila. Great reputation as a coach. Forward thinking, was articulate, inteligent and positive. But lacked stature, charisma and the respect of the players.

I'm not sure, but perhaps there was a bit of snobbery too. Deila didn't play the game at a high level and Cathro didn't play the game at all. But neither did a few top managers. However, can you imagine saying no to Mourinho?

Unfortunately in a lot of post match interviews after defeats his explanations tended to belie these facts.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#8 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

It was coming given his run last year and start this season.

Still I'm surprised they have left it this late, new guy coming in will be virtually in the same situation as Cathro was when he first came......team from the old manager etc.

I do feel this is poor leadership from those in charge at the club, surely they were thinking about getting rid before now so why wait until a few days before the league starts.....very poor leadership.

I will defintely have to change my prediction regarding the jambos in the league.

#9 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

Great shame in my opinion. I fancied Cathro to do well. He has been an excellent young coach at Dundee Utd and Valencia etc. Maybe number 2 is his level. I'm sure he will be back in the game in no time.

#10 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,152 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

Too hasty

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

Great shame in my opinion. I fancied Cathro to do well. He has been an excellent young coach at Dundee Utd and Valencia etc. Maybe number 2 is his level. I'm sure he will be back in the game in no time.

No great shame at all Jiffy....he didn't cut the mustard, he had to go.....life's a bitch at times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users